• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Even if Mewtwo wins I think Lucario and Cinderace will be able to get in a few good hits. The preview implies they do better then I originally thought

God no ! It is most over power z move .
Unless you're a Ground type

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Even if Mewtwo wins I think Lucario and Cinderace will be able to get in a few good hits. The preview implies they do better then I originally thought

Unless you're a Ground type
Yeah ....i hope m1 fans are okay with Satoshi v Mewtwo

SinnohEevee

You would think that after 20 years they would give Ash tons of legendaries to use in battle. Will we have to wait another 20 years until his pika-super-chu beats legendaries after a good fish and catch season? I hope graves come with good cable and plugging systems then for my computer....

He does have a Mythical (Melmetal)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well, though I hate it's Goh's, this means a bright future for Sobble.

...Or Goh simply put Cinderace away because they flew in there.
That could be true.

But then shouldn't Go let it out once they get on the Island? Go is suspiciously alone in his hijinks with Ash and Pikachu without Cinderace (or Sobble for that matter) until the moment he sees Mewtwo

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I actually find it kinda strange that they're now seemingly starting to have Cinderace be a ball mon rather than the usual walking mon we're all now used too.
Well like I said before. There are a few limitations on what they can do with it now. It's a pretty big Pokémon (even if it isn't as big as some other Final Stage Starters)

No more riding on Planes, Dragonite, Flygon, Trains, etc. Probably No more sleeping in Gou's Bed either.

I do find it odd that it's absent while Ash and Gou are exploring the Island tho. (Until Mewtwo shows up)

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I do find it odd that it's absent while Ash and Gou are exploring the Island tho. (Until Mewtwo shows up)
Prob cause of what you said basically, some limitations now. And from what I think, it's prob cause they don't want to animate a mon of that size at least unless it's going to have a decent amount of focus like it will in JN048 along with Lucario where it and Lucario are the focus of a chase and mon exclusive episode featuring only them, the usual starter or mon lost episode only with bigger "adult" mons rather than the base forms.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Well like I said before. There are a few limitations on what they can do with it now. It's a pretty big Pokémon (even if it isn't as big as some other Final Stage Starters)

No more riding on Planes, Dragonite, Flygon, Trains, etc. Probably No more sleeping in Gou's Bed either.

It may be more due to personality than his size.

Scorbunny Raboot spent most of his screen-time in the back of the group judging everyone with his eyes, it fits edgy rabbit, but Cinderace is practically a third character and with his personality will be bouncing off walls again (Ash and Pikachu are one character).

They may not want Cinderace stepping on Ash's best friend toes.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Goh catching Mewtwo hype. After catching Eternatus, only sky is the limit.

They won't capture a Pokemon that literally talks and requires such an expensive and sought after VA in order to do so.. Sooo, that's a bonus because we don't have to worry about seeing Mewtwo's intelligence being undermined by either of their stupidity during battle..

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Im almost expecting Mewtwo Returns to be retconned into being non canon in this series seeing how inconsistent continuity has been so far; they did have Ash forget that he's been to Ecruteak City after all...
How is that bs still going on? Ash never forgot he's been to Ecruteak City. Just because he didn't mention being there doesn't mean he never has been there, what even is your logic?

Kein

AKA Silktree
How is that bs still going on? Ash never forgot he's been to Ecruteak City. Just because he didn't mention being there doesn't mean he never has been there, what even is your logic?
That's true enough. OLM are not going to retcon anything out of the show, but the way they choose to ignore certain events is sometimes baffling. Morty and Eusine should have at least been referenced in the Ho-Oh episode, while Mewtwo Returns is definitely relevant to this episode seeing as you can't understand Ash and Mewtwo's relationship without it. Ash saved Mewtwo's life in the special OLM don't want kids to watch, rather than the movie that left Ash ignorant about Mewtwo. All they had to do was upload the special to their YouTube channel that is already being used as a platform for old episodes (and the first movie), but nope.

It's weird because Movie 22's credits briefly showed Mt. Quena, and a Mewtwo Returns manga adaptation was released around the same time. But that isn't enough to make most kids informed.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That could be true.

But then shouldn't Go let it out once they get on the Island? Go is suspiciously alone in his hijinks with Ash and Pikachu without Cinderace (or Sobble for that matter) until the moment he sees Mewtwo

I think the reason Goh kept Sobble in the ball is because it was a place more dangerous than usual and he knows it'll scare Sobble and make him cry.

Kind of a shame it won't happen but the idea of Ash and Goh beating Mewtwo because Sobble caused him to cry sounds quite good lol

thor94

i prefer either mewtwo not caught or owned by ash, but definitely not with Go, Ash is the only trainer who should be allowed to catch the clone.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
i prefer either mewtwo not caught or owned by ash, but definitely not with Go, Ash is the only trainer who should be allowed to catch the clone.
Mewtwo's not getting caught anyways.

SinnohEevee

Imagine thinking any of Ash's Pokémon can beat freaking Mewtwo.

And Mewtwo won't get caught by Goh. If he wanted to get caught, he would choose Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.