• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psajdak

As much as Satoshi getting Mewtwo would have been the historic moment in series, I still kind of think that the only character "worthy" of having him really should be Sakaki (or Giovanni, if you will).

I can't quite explain it why, especially since Mewtwo is on good terms with Satoshi, and probably hates Sakaki the most, but at the same time there is just something powerful in Sakaki's general personality, that it makes him fitting to be Mewtwo's trainer.

I also even had some ideas about Mewtwo being the key factor in Sakaki changing his ways, but it will never happen anyway.

BobbbidyBob

As much as Satoshi getting Mewtwo would have been the historic moment in series, I still kind of think that the only character "worthy" of having him really should be Sakaki (or Giovanni, if you will).

I can't quite explain it why, especially since Mewtwo is on good terms with Satoshi, and probably hates Sakaki the most, but at the same time there is just something powerful in Sakaki's general personality, that it makes him fitting to be Mewtwo's trainer.

I also even had some ideas about Mewtwo being the key factor in Sakaki changing his ways, but it will never happen anyway.
Your last point sounds interestingly awesome!! Like an alternate plot that could have happened in Mewtwo returns

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Giovanni doesn't even know who Mewtwo is anymore.

Guy100

You would think that after 20 years they would give Ash tons of legendaries to use in battle. Will we have to wait another 20 years until his pika-super-chu beats legendaries after a good fish and catch season? I hope graves come with good cable and plugging systems then for my computer....
Well, seeing how Goh recently caught a legendary (Eternatus), this reassures my confidence that Ash will get to have his own legendary in the future.
I know some fans are not happy with the idea of a main character owning their own legendary, however it would be inevitable for main character, such as Ash, to catch one eventually in order to progress the story. Its this very reason why Ash was allowed to finally win a pokemon league.

Although Eternatus is sealed away, its still technically Goh's pokemon since its registered as his capture in his pokedex. Which is still a historal achievement in the anime.

This anime is breaking alot of traditions, which I'm happy about, so there should be no issue with Ash being allowed to keep a legendary on his team.

Since the anime, usually gives Ash marketable Pokemon, I would bet his first legendary capture would be either Lugia or Kubfu. Kubfu to promote the tundra region and Lugia since its a very popular pokemon. And who knows, Ash may end up getting both.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, seeing how Goh recently caught a legendary (Eternatus), this reassures my confidence that Ash will get to have his own legendary in the future.
I know some fans are not happy with the idea of a main character owning their own legendary, however it would be inevitable for main character, such as Ash, to catch one eventually in order to progress the story. Its this very reason why Ash was allowed to finally win a pokemon league.

Although Eternatus is sealed away, its still technically Goh's pokemon since its registered as his capture in his pokedex. Which is still a historal achievement in the anime.

This anime is breaking alot of traditions, which I'm happy about, so there should be no issue with Ash being allowed to keep a legendary on his team.

Since the anime, usually gives Ash marketable Pokemon, I would bet his first legendary capture would be either Lugia or Kubfu. Kubfu to promote the tundra region and Lugia since its a very popular pokemon. And who knows, Ash may end up getting both.
I really only realistically see Kubfu as a potential Legendary capture for Ash for the time being since it does have a play in a plotline and the IOA still needs to be shown even if its just a DLC area since its still part of Galar regardless.

SinnohEevee

Ash already has a Mythical (Melmetal) who is strong. Buy if he needs a Legendary this season, it should be Kubfu. It suits him to a T.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Em3PKPaUUAMxWRs
Em3PJ4dUwAA-eNu

Two new images for this episode from anipoke_PR.

Sobble looks like it'll be the one being out of its ball rather than Cinderace now.
I'm just happy to see to Sobble again after being missing for 3 Episodes.

I'm guessing he must be Invisible again which is why we don't see him

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

Will we get a third preview of this episode? LOL

dman_dustin

of course with mythical's and legendaries being in seperate classes by technicality, you know how things are.

Its the creators' right to categorize things not fans.

Just because fans want to stupidly generalize doesn't make it so.

And I'm honestly confused as to why fans insist on Melmetal being the same as a legendary. Or mythicals are lehendaries, its just stupid in my opinion, they are clearly differently grouped Pokemon.

Just like ultra beasts, I don't understand fan logic of them being considered legendary Pokemon. Why are they not just Ultra Beasts? Why do fans think they can speak n behalf of the creators? Its one thing if the concept has no name like shiny Pokemon (because alternate/differently colored is beyond stupid for a label) but when they actually classify something fans are like "nah"

MegaSalamence05

Its the creators' right to categorize things not fans.

Just because fans want to stupidly generalize doesn't make it so.

And I'm honestly confused as to why fans insist on Melmetal being the same as a legendary. Or mythicals are lehendaries, its just stupid in my opinion, they are clearly differently grouped Pokemon.

Just like ultra beasts, I don't understand fan logic of them being considered legendary Pokemon. Why are they not just Ultra Beasts? Why do fans think they can speak n behalf of the creators? Its one thing if the concept has no name like shiny Pokemon (because alternate/differently colored is beyond stupid for a label) but when they actually classify something fans are like "nah"

With the question that you've proposed about Legendary Pokemon is the coding behind it inside the game. The guy who built the game literally confirmed this in several articles and discussions and no I'm not talking about Joe who runs this specific site. I'm just going by with what the coding has stated and further been explained.

Legendary Pokemon -- Is the Overarching classification (Mewtwo, Lugia, ect.)
-- Sub Legendary Pokemon (Legendary birds, legendary beasts, regi trio ect)
-- Mythical Pokemon
-- Ultra Beasts

A legendary pokemon is characterized by its rarity, its inability to spawn off spring of its own evolutionary chain and its presence in the lore.
A mythical pokemon is a legendary pokemon whose main method of acquisition is out of traditional game methods.
(Just pointing things out not in an adversarial way Dustin). I'm just providing it so it can help out.

LucasMV

Just like ultra beasts, I don't understand fan logic of them being considered legendary Pokemon. Why are they not just Ultra Beasts? Why do fans think they can speak n behalf of the creators? when they actually classify something fans are like "nah"

It happens in most fandoms, like DB fans not believing Broly is stronger than Beerus after Goku said it cause "Goku doesn't know" apparently.
But I agree, there's no need for headcanon when there's already an official statement or classification. The thing with Legendary/Mythical is likely just cause a lot of people (myself included) hadn't heard of it before so it sounds weird at first. But once you know, it's quite clear.

On another topic, will we get updated Opening visuals with this episode? Most events (or all) that are portrayed in the Opening have already happened, so I think they should change it. But since they left Scorbunny in there so long after it's evolution the first time, who knows.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Some Legendary Pokemon are linked to nature and shouldn't be captured, proof of that was "Pokemon: The Power of One", for what happened after the villain captured Moltres and Zapdos. However, Mewtwo was not technically in the "natural order" because of being a clone of Mew; similar to the Ultra Beasts that are an invader species, or to Sylvally who was created in a lab too. So, Mewtwo technically could be captured without disrupting nature.
Nothing wrong with him capturing them in itself, the problem was how he was capturing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.