• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh hey, Dewgong and Caterpie aren't mere cameos. Goh's actually using them. And he might get a Kingler, too.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
For once a Caterpie is useful for something lmao. And man, they sure love spoiling crap. Too bad I've gotten very used to them so they don't affect me much.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Turns out the Alola League spoiler format has become a format to use in these hype episodes.

...Now if only these previews just would stop showing us Goh is far more reliable than all the previous bros combined.

PsychoLogical

Turns out the Alola League spoiler format has become a format to use in these hype episodes.

...Now if only these previews just would stop showing us Goh is far more reliable than all the previous bros combined.
If only Clemont, the fat kid from SM, and Mallow were this reliable kek.
I wonder if Ash & Go riding Dewgong is a reference to the first movie when Neesha used one to get to the island
That's prob the case since we are revisiting M1 for the first time in almost 2 decades now. Might as well dump some M01 references there since some conditions have been met.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I wonder if Ash & Go riding Dewgong is a reference to the first movie when Neesha used one to get to the island

Could be a coincidental/unintentional reference.

But I doubt it was planned in advance. More like "oh yeah Go does have a Dewgong" as opposed to "Yep that's why Go has a Dewgong"

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Could be a coincidental/unintentional reference.

But I doubt it was planned in advance. More like "oh yeah Go does have a Dewgong" as opposed to "Yep that's why Go has a Dewgong"
I wasn’t implying he has a Dewgong just for this reference.

dman_dustin

I wasn’t implying he has a Dewgong just for this reference.

Thinking about it though, it would be hilarious.

But I meant more they knew about Mewtwo and instead of giving Go a Lapras or other seafaring Pokemon they killed 2 "birds" with one stone by giving him Dewgong.

So I didn't mean solely or exclusively but rather also because which again I doubt hence the coincidence point.

Edit: For clarity sake by solely I mean they gave him Dewgon then created the Mewtwo episode, I meant more the Mewtwo episode was already planned.

ShadowForce720

RIP Ash's Kingler

LMAO.........:rolleyes:

Not sure why, when previous main characters catching Pokémon that Ash has had before never stop that particular reserve Pokémon from returning before.

It’s not like Ash’s Kingler is just going to suddenly become a member of the main cast again, so Goh catching himself a Kingler literally has no effect on whether Ash will bring back and use his Kingler or not.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:

I'm still somewhat amazed that the episode writer resisted the urge to include a swarm of angry Spear in this episode [since that's usually the default species to showcase during a mayhem scene], and instead went with a swarm of angry Mankey. It's a slightly less predictable decision, and I'm glad that we're seeing a Kingler, too.

PsychoLogical

I completely forgot Ash even had a Kingler tbh. I don't see why it would come come back

Now that the rabbit's development is over maybe if we're lucky they'll do something with the crybaby chameleon
Who remembers Kingler anyways. And I’d like it if that was the case for Sobble cause I really don’t want to see the usual gag starter again like every series has.

Status
Not open for further replies.