• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Sorry, but there's zero way that any Mewtwo is going to be captured at all. It's too much of an artificially intelligent Pokemon to be crammed in a pokeball all the time. What's Ash going to do? Send it out, have a conversation with it and then return it to its ball after the battle, where it'll happily remain until the next battle?

No, this isn't a Squirtle we're talking about. It won't happen.. and ESPECIALLY not with this one.

Pal, in this Generation of the anime, all rules are being broken, so we can't be sure about ANYTHING. If Ash's Greninja returns, he might be actually be capable of fight and defeat Mewtwo. Besides, to travel with Ash and avoid attract attention, Mewtwo can remain in a PokeBall, but that doesn't mean his Psychic powers won't work in it. I mean, in Muk's case, its stinky smell traspassed the PokeBall. And Ash won't use Mewtwo for any "unworthy" battle. In case there's another crisis like the Darkest Day, Mewtwo will definitely be handy.

By the way, I have another suspiction. I know Pikachu, Lucario and Cinderace won't be able to defeat Mewtwo; but through this battle, maybe Mewtwo could learn to use the power of Aura by watching Lucario. After all, Mewtwo is one of the Pokemon capable of learning Aura Sphere. And if Mewtwo learns how to use that power, he might be able to bond even more with Ash.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Pal, in this Generation of the anime, all rules are being broken, so we can't be sure about ANYTHING.
What kind of rules are broken? Eevee hits the girl as always, and when it comes to Satoshi catching Riolu or Dragonite, I somehow don't remember connecting that he can't catch them.
And even if some rules are broken, I don't think they should be used as an argument for everything.

Master Pikachu 11

Even if Ash doesn't get Mewtwo in this episode, there's something that could assure his return in another episode, increasing the chances of Ash catching it. After the Darkest Day's arc, we were left with the possibility of Eternatus possibly escaping and breaking havok again. If that's the case, then Mewtwo could return to help Ash and Goh to stop it once more. Mewtwo has advantage in type, but I believe it could be really difficult for Mewtwo to fight Eternatus in its Eternamax form. Don't you think?
If Mewtwo was not the same one from Movie 1 then maybe I could see it get captured, but it is not a different one and it won’t be captured as it’s not an ordinary legendary Pokémon, if it was a member of the legendary beasts, birds or even Urshifu then Ash would have more of a chance, but I have to agree with ShinyCharyZard that it’s too intelligent of a Pokémon that communicates in perfect human language to be stuck in a ball, when it has an entire island to roam around and be at peace.

BobbbidyBob

Mewtwo getting captured? No way! Arceus or Dialga, for sure there’s a chance! XD

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
EnBiNbjUUAANI0x

Nothing really that new but it's another new image of the ep from anipoke PR where it just shows Mewtwo.

BobbbidyBob

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Mewtwo getting captured? No way! Arceus or Dialga, for sure there’s a chance! XD

I know the intent of this post is sheer mockery of what's been said so far, but for the benefit of those who would think anyone has a chance to capture those Pokemon, I'd say it's safe to assume that any Pokemon responsible for creating and shaping the region/planet/universe will not be captured, especially since there's only one of each of them. They would most probably stick to roaming legendaries and mythicals (which can't control time or space) of which there exist more than one, where the removal of such a creature from the wild will not affect natures balance..

..and obviously not Mewtwo, for the reasons I already stated previously.

BobbbidyBob

I know the intent of this post is sheer mockery of what's been said so far, but for the benefit of those who would think anyone has a chance to capture those Pokemon, I'd say it's safe to assume that any Pokemon responsible for creating and shaping the region/planet/universe will not be captured, especially since there's only one of each of them. They would most probably stick to roaming legendaries and mythicals (which can't control time or space) of which there exist more than one, where the removal of such a creature from the wild will not affect natures balance..

..and obviously not Mewtwo, for the reasons I already stated previously.
The intent of the post was not to offend anyone. As for the second part.......yeah XD but imagining Ash with Arceus in battle cracks me up

BobbbidyBob

I bet Mewtwo will be sleeping and snoring during the first 15 minutes of the ep and Ash and Goh rampaging through the island’s wild forest is what it will wake im up.

Ultra Beast Lover

They hype it up too much, to the point it makes me lose interest in the episode itself. The same feeling I had with the Alola gang one once they spoiled everything
Yeah, I feel like my hype's gone down to. I don't like to say that because the staff went to the trouble of getting OG Mewtwo back but I'm not as excited as I should be. Maybe if they would stop showing constant previews and pictures.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What are the chances Mewtwo mind wipes their memories at the end of the episode. He really can't let two hyper kids know his second tree of life location. Could be full of clues he may accidentally leave behind for people to track him down.

ShadowForce720

What are the chances Mewtwo mind wipes their memories at the end of the episode. He really can't let two hyper kids know his second tree of life location. Could be full of clues he may accidentally leave behind for people to track him down.

Not that good, especially considering it’s having Ash and Goh battle it with their dreams on the line so to speak.

So there isn’t really any reason to expect that Mewtwo will mind wipe the especially since he knows and trusts Ash.

Red and Blue

The only chance a mind wipe would happen is if the TR trio was involved. He'd probably wipe their memories to prevent them from blabbing to Giovanni

Status
Not open for further replies.