• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Did you even watch Mewtwo Returns?
Honestly I wouldn't put it past the trio to report Mewtwo to Giovanni despite what happened in the sequel. They've broken their promises before in the past

cam24t

Master
I asked this before but it didn't get answered. Why do mods lock the latest episode threads after they air? Where are we suppose to discuss the last episode. This decision doesn't make any sense.

Red and Blue

Wonder how much damage they will inflict on Mewtwo? I imagine Lucario, Cinderace, and possibly Pikachu will be able to get in a few good hits before going down

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wonder how much damage they will inflict on Mewtwo? I imagine Lucario, Cinderace, and possibly Pikachu will be able to get in a few good hits before going down
Spoiler: Mewtwo has Recover, rendering the whole battle useless on paper.

But expect the fusion blow that leaves a scratch on him be good enough to praise them all.

isonademnemosyne

Just watched the YouTube rerun of the first Mewtwo movie. They used the Kanzenban version but it looks like they went out of their way to cut the origin sequence, Amber/Aitwo scenes included. Guess this is the final nail in the coffin that we won't get a reference for her this episode :( oh well. Interested in seeing whether or not this episode will even acknowledge Mewtwo Returns given all the previews we've seen thus far.

On a funny note, it looks like even though the origin scene was cut, who ever was in charge of editing and distributing this version of the movie forgot to remove Ai from the credits :p opps lmao

4Ub9yFy.png

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Interesting thing to note: The Twitter account was posting stuff about the movie during the livestream and...
In #Mewtwo Strikes Back, Satoshi and the others get their memories erased...
But after that, in "Mewtwo! I am Here" they reunite.
At that point, Satoshi's memories do not get erased... Which means that...?!

BobbbidyBob

Just watched the YouTube rerun of the first Mewtwo movie. They used the Kanzenban version but it looks like they went out of their way to cut the origin sequence, Amber/Aitwo scenes included. Guess this is the final nail in the coffin that we won't get a reference for her this episode :( oh well. Interested in seeing whether or not this episode will even acknowledge Mewtwo Returns given all the previews we've seen thus far.

On a funny note, it looks like even though the origin scene was cut, who ever was in charge of editing and distributing this version of the movie forgot to remove Ai from the credits :p opps lmao

4Ub9yFy.png
THe what? They removed it? (Flops head on table hard)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

4Ub9yFy.png

Pretty much everything on that screen relates to the Mewtwo's Birth segment.

Did this rerun include the World of Pokemon segment that always gets cut from everything?

LucasMV

Sorry, but there's zero way that any Mewtwo is going to be captured at all. It's too much of an artificially intelligent Pokemon to be crammed in a pokeball all the time. What's Ash going to do? Send it out, have a conversation with it and then return it to its ball after the battle, where it'll happily remain until the next battle?

No, this isn't a Squirtle we're talking about. It won't happen.. and ESPECIALLY not with this one.

I mean, Calyrex is pretty much the same in terms of being a highly intelligent Pokemon that can communicate through telepaty. And he asks you to catch him in the DLC.

But I agree I don't see Mewtwo ever wanting to have his freedom restricted in any way again. Not even if Ash has his respect.

I'm glad Mewtwo Returns wasn't retconned btw, got a little nervous that they hadn't mentioned it so far. But tbh, how would Ash remember Mewtwo any other way? Still, glad for the confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.