• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Psychic energy thought to belong to Mew has been confirmed at Cello Island in the distant seas., so Satoshi and Go head there to investigate, filled with excitement. The two make their way through the harsh environment on the island with help from their Pokémon... though it's not Mew they encounter at the end of their adventure, but Mewtwo.......!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 冨安大貴 (Daiki Tomiyasu)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

-------

November 20th's episode "Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back" sees Mewtwo, the Pokémon referred to as "the strongest", finally make its appearance in the Pokémon TV series. The episode is set after the first movie, "Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo Strikes Back", and involves protagonists Satoshi and Go arriving on an island in the faraway seas in search of Mew... though it's not Mew they encounter at the end of their adventure, but Mewtwo. Mewtwo asks the two something, and Satoshi and Go start a battle before Mewtwo with their "dreams" at stake.

I have played many different roles throughout my career as an actor, but among those, the "Mewtwo" role is the one that truly lives within me, the one I think of as all me. So I feel that when I was recording this episode, I was able to not just act, but to actually stand there, as Mewtwo, facing Satoshi and Go. Many children became fans of Mewtwo when Mewtwo appeared in the movie "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which premiered 23 years ago, and then children of the Reiwa era became fans of Mewtwo thanks to last year's "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution". Those children that watched Mewtwo make its original animated debut together way back then may be parents with children of their own now. I hope we'll be able to give those parents watching alongside their children a truly touching moment to enjoy. -Masachika Ichimura, voice of Mewtwo

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
*shudder* Ash might get Mewtwo after all?

Well at least he'd get the first legendary on the cast like he should, still not fond of the idea but certainly better than Goh getting it

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Lol ash's gonna drill through the championship if he gets a mewtwo. Acc. to me it's a bait title. If zapdos escaped , mewtwo is way above the league of those kids . He's escaping if you ask me.

dman_dustin

Well acc. to this image it might get caught as there is a masterball near mewtwo. But if it's to be caught ,I'm rooting for ash to get it . Gou can have mew while ash can have mewtwo.

If this is caught in no way in hell does Go even deserve it outside of registering purposes.

Imagine how pissed I'll be if Go catches and keeps this, and they let Zapdos and Go.

If Mewtwo is caught it only deserves to be with Ash well at least on a permanent basis.

And again I would expect this Mewtwo to be weaker than other Mewtwo.

Imagine all the losses we're going to see this Mewtwo have with Ash using it.

Also it should be obvious if Dragonite/Pikachu help as in defeat it, can we get over the whole Mewtwo must be unbeatable nonsense.

Still wonder if this will be a new weaker Mewtwo or a weaker alternate version Mewtwo.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It'll be fine or work if this is a weaker Mewtwo.

Or maybe Mewtwo wants to help Go achieve his goal by providing a Pokedex entry and then given to Ash or to be released. And to be clear, Ash battle Go catches for pokedex entry.

Having a Legendary Pokemon, even one as powerful like Mewtwo, doesn't make you invincible. It has been proven in the past:

+ Tobias, in Sinnoh, had a Darkrai; but Ash became the very first trainer to defeat him. The only reason Ash didn't beat Tobias was because he had another Legendary under his sleeve (Latios). And even although it was technically a double KO, Ash was able to defeat him too thanks to Pikachu.

+ Gladion has a "Legendary Pokemon" similar to Mewtwo, as they were created by man, Sylvaly. And even so, Ash was able to defeat him.

Besides, Ash is not the kind of trainer that will use his most powerful Pokemon for every combat. Where would be the challenge there? He would surely keep Mewtwo for the strongest battles to come, possibly against Leon or others.

The title says "Revival", whic means it COULD be the same Mewtwo from the first movie, who Ash met and bonded with him between the movie and the special "Mewtwo Returns". That increases the possibilities of Ash getting Mewtwo after all.

dman_dustin

Having a Legendary Pokemon, even one as powerful like Mewtwo, doesn't make you invincible. It has been proven in the past:

+ Tobias, in Sinnoh, had a Darkrai; but Ash became the very first trainer to defeat him. The only reason Ash didn't beat Tobias was because he had another Legendary under his sleeve (Latios). And even although it was technically a double KO, Ash was able to defeat him too thanks to Pikachu.

+ Gladion has a "Legendary Pokemon" similar to Mewtwo, as they were created by man, Sylvaly. And even so, Ash was able to defeat him.

Besides, Ash is not the kind of trainer that will use his most powerful Pokemon for every combat. Where would be the challenge there? He would surely keep Mewtwo for the strongest battles to come, possibly against Leon or others.

The title says "Revival", whic means it COULD be the same Mewtwo from the first movie, who Ash met and bonded with him between the movie and the special "Mewtwo Returns". That increases the possibilities of Ash getting Mewtwo after all.

I don't like the idea of original Mewtwo being shown to be knocked out by anything less than a box legendary. Would prefer a completely new Mewtwo.

I also don't think Ash should have a human speech Pokemon, so this Mewtwo should be more feral.

No freaking way. Regardless if it's the first one or a third one Mewtwo is too damn OP for Ash.

Can people please let Mewtwo be weak enough so it can reasonably be caught and have a trainer.

As in expect Mewtwo to have swirly eyes a lot.

It's not even a Pokemon world legendary Pokemon where it shouldn't caught or it'll upset the balance of the world.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't like the idea of original Mewtwo being shown to be knocked out by anything less than a box legendary. Would prefer a completely new Mewtwo.

I also don't think Ash should have a human speech Pokemon, so this Mewtwo should be more feral.

1º) Ash would battle Mewtwo for being a challenge, but considering their bonding from the past, Mewtwo could allow himself to be captured; just like Dragonite and Gengar did recently.

2º) I get your point about the human speech Pokemon, but then again, that didn't save Meowth of being inside a Pokemon after all. Besides, Mewtwo would like not to be detected by most of humans while traveling with Ash; and what better way to stay hidden than a PokeBall.

What calls my attention the most is the fact that the fourth episode of the Sword and Shield arc hasn't been revealed. there must be a HUGE spoiler in it to keep it hidden.

Lacuna

Goodnight
Woah. Looks like I was wrong, they really are getting right into this episode immediately after the arc. That's gonna be a LOT to process, but cool!

I wouldn't look into the title too much until we get a summary (or any other details at all, for that matter). Though I know me saying that won't stop any of us from doing it anyway. Myself included. Personally I think it's just related to Ash and Gou since battling and catching are kinda their respective "things".

Either way I'm already excited for this one and looking forward to it!
...though I wonder why the fourth SwSh episode title hasn't been revealed yet?

D

Deleted member 384931

Nice, so soon after an arc, but nice. Image Satoshi getting Mewtwo would be awesome

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Please be M01/M22 Mewtwo.

It has more chances to be the Mewtwo from the first movie than the one from the Genesect's movie. After all, the first Mewtwo already appeared in the anime, a long time ago, in the second season. Several episodes, actually. When he fought for Giovanni as Gym Leader vs Gary and when he blew up his headquarters and escaped from him. He also made a cameo when Mimey debuted.

Rune Knight

It has more chances to be the Mewtwo from the first movie than the one from the Genesect's movie. After all, the first Mewtwo already appeared in the anime, a long time ago, in the second season. Several episodes, actually. When he fought for Giovanni as Gym Leader vs Gary and when he blew up his headquarters and escaped from him. He also made a cameo when Mimey debuted.

Yeah. Plus I think that the Mew from Journeys is the same one from M01/M22 due to sharing the same voice actor. So they could easily connect it back to that.

Last edited:

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak

No way silvally is as strong as mewtwo. It's a weakass legendary. Faints almost 9/10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.