• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

Carylex agreed on becoming the PC's pokémon if he/she was sucessful on capturing it so I see no reason to be conflicted lol
It's not morally wrong or anything but I still feel weird over something that I was previously talking with like a human become essentially my pet. Also the obvious irony of it getting boxed despite assuming it'll get to actually accompany me that applies to all story relevant legendaries etc but feels doubly wrong here.

But yeah even with that being a thing I'd prefer OG Mewtwo be uncaptured, even if it helps Satoshi with a battle it can just be a willing assist no need to put it inside a ball.

Personally, I think that Legendary Pokémon have never lost their rare status.

The Legendary Birds have always been treated like they should,Zapdos has always been rare but not extremely strong, in his first appearance at Johto he even was hurt.

Articuno was friend of a Frontier Brain And Brandon/Jundain is probably one of the strongest trainers in the world ..Also, he left his Regis in Sinnoh

Latios & Latias always caught the attention of everyone around when they appeared, plus their trainers are the Sinnoh League Champion and the Leader of the Pokémon Inspectors.

Silvally is just a rare Aether creation and Naganadel lives literally in another dimension.

Maybe only Shaymin has lost that "special treatment" but in the movies the legendary pokemon seem to be very strong.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It's not morally wrong or anything but I still feel weird over something that I was previously talking with like a human become essentially my pet. Also the obvious irony of it getting boxed despite assuming it'll get to actually accompany me that applies to all story relevant legendaries etc but feels doubly wrong here.

But yeah even with that being a thing I'd prefer OG Mewtwo be uncaptured, even if it helps Satoshi with a battle it can just be a willing assist no need to put it inside a ball.

I must be a monster then. I didn't stop on letting it rot in the box. I separated it from the box. And since I let my box organized on National Dex order (including Meltan/Melmetal), he end up being alone in a sole box lol

(I got the regi I didn't pick plus the other horse via trading and I put a Type:Null as a stand in on Zarude's spot)

But what I really want to say is: sorry for being a terrible trainer, Ash! :(

Yeah, I don’t want to seem dismissive, but I just don’t get the directionless take as well. The different classes make it easy to track Ash’s progress and Go has the dex. PM’s objective is pretty straightforward.
Oh!! Can you tell how much progress ash made over the 20 years to become a pokemon master ? No you should start by explaining what exactly is a pokemon master coz no one knows what exactly is his freakin' goal.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Oh!! Can you tell how much progress ash made over the 20 years to become a pokemon master ? No you should start by explaining what exactly is a pokemon master coz no one knows what exactly is his freakin' goal.
Hey ! No one is saying that they know what it is a to be a "Pokemon Master" ....as only person that do knew what it is ...is dead (Shudo) so yeah cool yer Jet man!

Rohanator

I don't think Shudo knew either. They just made up something that'll drive a main character to travel and is vague enough that they can extend the show if it's successful. The show is about showing the world of Pokemon, Satoshi's a vehicle for that, the show doesn't exist to serve his character, his character exists to serve the show.

Pokemon master not having a clear definition even fits Shudo's "Satoshi realizes it's a childish dream and goes to school" ending lol.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I don't think Shudo knew either. They just made up something that'll drive a main character to travel and is vague enough that they can extend the show if it's successful. The show is about showing the world of Pokemon, Satoshi's a vehicle for that, the show doesn't exist to serve his character, his character exists to serve the show.

Pokemon master not having a clear definition even fits Shudo's "Satoshi realizes it's a childish dream and goes to school" ending lol.
It is one of ending that he creating, but i doubt it could used for post Kantou arc of The Original series .

LucasMV

To be fair SM had Pikachu vs Tapu Koko in the full battle between Ash and Kukui even though Kukui ace was Incineroar, and SM also had Melmetal vs Silvally in the Ash vs Gladion league match.

So their being another important battle in the Ash vs Leon match wouldn’t be that unusual.

Yes, but I think Mewtwo vs Eternatus would be on a whole different level from Pikachu vs Tapu Koko. It'd be hard to have that match-up for the final battle and have it be as epic as it should while at the same time not overshadowing Pikachu vs Charizard. I may be wrong, but I think nobody's gonna catch either Eternatus or Mewtwo.

My hope for this episode is that Ash remembers Mewtwo (even better if it's the original one).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Pikachu VS. Koko doesn't really count as to being Kukui's Pokemon. Koko just wanted Kukui as an excuse to use its Z-Move.

Melmetal VS. Silvally wasn't as important as people make it out to be because Melmetal got taken down but softened Silvally for Pikachu to take out...early. Gladion had like the best chances for a rival to have his entire team have some beef against Ash's, but Silvally was too nice, Zoroark amounted to nothing but a sudden hand-me-down from no-show Mohn, but (Olivia's) Midnight Lycanroc was awkwardly placed as his real ace.

I can only expect the final battle to be a two-parter (or a three-parter except with a story intro falsely extending the battle) as things stand now, assuming no one gets Eternatus or one of the doggos.

AJ97

Lol. Do people actually believe Ash is Going to capture Mewtwo? Okay let's say he does, against what trainer or what pokemon can Mewtwo justifiably lose in battle?

Unless all of Ash's opponents start showing up with Multiple legendaries, mewtwo should be unbeatable.
Even Leon's Charizard shouldn't be able to defeat Mewtwo as the latter is a box Legendary and not your traditional legendary Dog or bird.

Even if they gave Ash a Legendary Bird like Galarian Moltress, it is going to be extremely difficult to create opponents who are capable of defeating this legendary. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I personally feel Ash should have gotten a cubfu instead of his riolu and rapid strike urshifu should have been his ace.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
AJ97 said:
Lol. Do people actually believe Ash is Going to capture Mewtwo? Okay let's say he does, against what trainer or what pokemon can Mewtwo justifiably lose in battle?

There aren't that many trainers that I could imagine having Pokemon on Mewtwo's level other than Takuto, Jindai, and maybe Dande, which is why I find the Mewtwo capture theories somewhat shortsighted since there aren't that many scenarios where Satoshi could use Mewtwo without completely overpowering his opponents, which from my viewpoint would be boring to watch. Of course Mewtwo could be nerfed, but then a lot of viewers might be upset.

dman_dustin

I don't know you'd have to ask yourself why you have trouble seeing Mewtwo losing, swirly eyes and all. Especially in context with hyper and master class.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't know you'd have to ask yourself why you have trouble seeing Mewtwo losing, swirly eyes and all. Especially in context with hyper and master class.
Yeee and tbh... I actually expect to see Legendaries being used when Ash reaches the Hyper Class and for Masters, it doesn’t even matter cause Legendaries alone won’t mean easy wins anyways.

Ultra Beast Lover

What if Mewtwo is used by Satoshi to battle and by Gou to catch pokemon?
Ash using Mewtwo for a crazy difficult battle would be fine and I guess if Go's trying to catch a legendary Pokemon but it would depend on if Mewtwo would even find it interesting.

Yeee and tbh... I actually expect to see Legendaries being used when Ash reaches the Hyper Class and for Masters, it doesn’t even matter cause Legendaries alone won’t mean easy wins anyways.
What if Ash uses Arceus? Or better yet Arceus just decides to battle alongside Ash's opponent in order to mess with him?

LucasMV

Because he's been shown to be extremely OP and nigh unbeatable? The way Psychic works in the anime combined with Mewtwo's sheer power makes it so Mewtwo can deflect any attack thrown at him and send the opponent flying. And against Dark types, Mewtwo can just use Aura Sphere or something and OHKO it.

What you say would only make sense if they nerfed Mewtwo. But the Mewtwo we know would not lose against anything less than Arceus, Rayquaza, Mew, Eternatus or some of the other top legendary Pokemon.

Definitely not against something like Malva's Houndoom, that could be in the Hyper Class, for instance. Now if you think Hyper Class will be filled with trainers using their own Legendary Pokemon, that'd be a different story. Otherwise, just nope.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yes, but I think Mewtwo vs Eternatus would be on a whole different level from Pikachu vs Tapu Koko. It'd be hard to have that match-up for the final battle and have it be as epic as it should while at the same time not overshadowing Pikachu vs Charizard. I may be wrong, but I think nobody's gonna catch either Eternatus or Mewtwo.

My hope for this episode is that Ash remembers Mewtwo (even better if it's the original one).

Still, even if a hypothetical Mewtwo vs. Eternatus happens in Ash vs. Leon inevitable battle. You'd be bonkers to speculate that Ash would capture it already - and lowdif two entire ranks up to the Master8. ^Steven

AJ97

There aren't that many trainers that I could imagine having Pokemon on Mewtwo's level other than Takuto, Jindai, and maybe Dande, which is why I find the Mewtwo capture theories somewhat shortsighted since there aren't that many scenarios where Satoshi could use Mewtwo without completely overpowering his opponents, which from my viewpoint would be boring to watch. Of course Mewtwo could be nerfed, but then a lot of viewers might be upset.
Mewtwo is a box legendary and not a regular Legendary. The trainers you have mentioned such as Tobias and Brandon do not have box legendaries. The other kind of legendary pokemon are only shown to be slightly stronger than regular pokemon, but not unbeatable as we have seen Ash defeat multiple legendaries. But the box Legendaries are simply way stronger. Even Leon shouldn't be able to beat them. If you recall, back in Kalos, Both Steven ( A Regional Champion) and Alain ( With an elite four tier charizard), couldn't do anything against Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre etc which are all box legendaries. And even during the Team Flare Arc, Completed Zygarde was shown to be stronger than all the gym leaders + 2 regional Champions + Malva Elite four + Ash + Alain's Elite four tier Charized combined. Even Leon shouldn't stand a chance against such a legendary.

Because, box legendaries have shown to be much superior to even regional Champions in the anime. Ash is no where close to a regional champion's level of strength. Even Leon shouldn't be strong enough to defeat a Mewtwo and some of the other box legendaries.

Plot Twist: Goh is given a masterball by someone and he ends up capturing Mewtwo and uses it to challenge mew.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:

I suppose it depends on which Mewtwo we're talking about. If this is a completely new Mewtwo, it's not out of the realm of possibility that it would be watered-down and not as strong as the one from the first movie, but if it is the one from the first movie, it losing even in the higher tiers of the World Championships wouldn't sit well with most people since the original Mewtwo was a force of nature capable of doing pretty much anything. It losing [especially with "swirly eyes"] wouldn't go down well at all because viewers have a preconceived notion of that Mewtwo being near unbeatable.

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

I suppose it depends on which Mewtwo we're talking about. If this is a completely new Mewtwo, it's not out of the realm of possibility that it would be watered-down and not as strong as the one from the first movie, but if it is the one from the first movie, it losing even in the higher tiers of the World Championships wouldn't sit well with most people since the original Mewtwo was a force of nature capable of doing pretty much anything. It losing [especially with "swirly eyes"] wouldn't go down well at all because viewers have a preconceived notion of that Mewtwo being near unbeatable.
Let’s not forget MO1 Mewtwo is crazy smart having cloned pokemon and what not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.