• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 24th: PM2019 002: On Lugia They Go, Satoshi and Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm so glad they went back to the old Dark Pulse animation, SM butchered the move

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean, that still holds right to this day. Pikachu didn't beat Koko all by himself but with some help from Nagadel.
I'd like to point out Pikachu wasn't exactly fresh either, having already battled Empoleon and taken some damage. Also, Pikachu tied with Latios after Sceptile and Swellow did nothing to it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
All those Pikachu took down aren't exactly medium-tier Legendary Pokemon, though. They're low-tier.

The ones on the game boxes? Those screw him good, or practically can't be taken down conventionally.
Didn't Tapu Koko hold back Necrozma and get him away from Melemele (also the only time he actually acted as an island guardian lmao) ?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Didn't Tapu Koko hold back Necrozma and get him away from Melemele (also the only time he actually acted as an island guardian lmao) ?
You mean Pew Pew Alien? Ha ha. Let's be real. That Necrozma wasn't that hot.

A-anyway, before this derails, how believable will it be for Pikachu to take down a freaking Lugia right on the first episode? That kind of will set his power level for the rest of the season.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
First it was Ho-oh, now it's Lugia. It would have been wonderful if both of them could share the episode alongside each other. Ho-oh for Ash and Lugia for Go, just like Solgaleo and Lunala in SM for Ash and Gladion!

ShadowForce720

You mean Pew Pew Alien? Ha ha. Let's be real. That Necrozma wasn't that hot.

A-anyway, before this derails, how believable will it be for Pikachu to take down a freaking Lugia right on the first episode? That kind of will set his power level for the rest of the season.

Probably more believable then say if he was taking out like a Dialga or a Primal Groudon right off the bat. I mean it wouldn't really be that surprising if in the anime even mascot legendaries or pokemon that are as powerful as them are depicted in being different tiers then just all mascot legendaries being the exact same strength as one another. I mean really looking at it the problem the idea of battling say Dialga, Palkia, or Yveltal is that in the former two's case they really can't seem to battle without it leading to destroying time or space around them, and the problem with the latter is that when ever it uses it's signature move it seems to turn almost anything with a few exceptions to stone.

Now while Lugia is certainly stronger then some other legendary pokemon I wouldn't say that it's necessarily so powerful that a trainer couldn't beat it. I think at the end of the day when it comes to the mascot legendary pokemon it really is a case by case basis depending on which one your talking about.

Although if I were to take a guess as to how the battle between Lugia and Pikachu goes down is that maybe after Pikachu is able to land a hit or a few hits on Lugia, Lugia winds up starting to try and run away and Ash and Pikachu chase after it, maybe it's even a case where Lugia doesn't defeat Pikachu but momentarily stuns it.

Red and Blue

Then why doesn't Ash keep those experiences? Why does he keep getting reset? Why is he wowed by things he's literally seen a thousand times before?
You mean wowed by older Pokemon he has seen before? I don't see why that's a bad thing. Especially if they make him nostalgic over Pokemon he owned in the past like the Kanto starters

Status
Not open for further replies.