• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
^ I do wish the people who say "yay a 2 week break" "yay we don't have to care about these episodes" actually stop caring about these episodes and coming here lol

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for Project Mew still even though it's deflated a bit knowing it's 2 episodes so might be rushed. The preview looks promising enough though, the ancient mons being here makes so much sense and this episode seems to properly be focusing on the clashing personalities of the members they have built up. Fingers crossed it's paced properly

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
From the preview, I think the pacing of this immediately reveals that the arc won't be rushed, if PM was shorter there'd be a quicker tease of something major

Definitely tells me we'll be doing this for 4 episodes minimum
So the episode.... "Pokemon! I'm glad I met you".... won't even be the end of episode of this mini arc, let alone the season(or series)?

Ali.Frenstein

Even if there is continuation to Journeys / the entire series, most probably there'll be at least 4 weeks break after December 9th because of new year holidays. So the next episode if exists, will air only on January 6th, 2023. :(

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Going from Ash beating Leon to this is the most unhype thing ever lmao.
What's even more insulting is that this takes place WHILE the M8 finals are going on. So, in a sense, (that sense being the time) the M8 arc still hasn't even ended yet.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Leon got to show off G-Max Rillaboom and G-Max Cinderace but not G-Max Inteleon

Goh is long gone from Galar so he can't showcase G-Max Inteleon either

Journeys why do you hate me so much? :(

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I know it after ash vs Leon but wow are they not even trying g to hype this up lol.
They know no one except those few Goh fans care so just shown an average preview and get this over with.
Now I saw on bulbapedia Ash is listed on the characters list but I highly doubt he’s joining Project Mew. He’ll probably be busy sending out invites for the party at his home to celebrate becoming world champion.
I hope so, that’s be such a boss suchplot.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Even if there is continuation to Journeys / the entire series, most probably there'll be at least 4 weeks break after December 9th because of new year holidays. So the next episode if exists, will air only on January 6th, 2023. :(
December 16 should have a new episode if there are indeed future episodes left. December 23rd and December 30th should be the only breaks for the winter holidays no?

Konja7

I've understood the holydays for New Year are Jan 1-3 in Japan, while Christmas isn't a national holiday there. So, holydays wouldn't be the reason for a 4 weeks break after December 9th.

Gingertail24

alway felt like pm was kinda of a afterthought given how it only came to be mid series with little build up when the writers realized the catching every Pokémon goal wasn’t working.
I think there was an interview where they said they weren't even sure how to write out his goal. Imo, PM pretty much is an afterthought. Considering the gotta catch em all goal pretty much dwindled whe. GOH just goes straight gunning for mew instead with PM. Which he should of done in the first place

The original goal connection to mew didn't make much sense anyways

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I think there was an interview where they said they weren't even sure how to write out his goal. Imo, PM pretty much is an afterthought. Considering the gotta catch em all goal pretty much dwindled whe. GOH just goes straight gunning for mew instead with PM. Which he should of done in the first place

The original goal connection to mew didn't make much sense anyways

As much as we rag on them i will give it to the writers that it seemed like they did course correcting after the initial criticism. A major part of it seemed to be around goh, so i guess it can’t be helped how half baked things seem.

Guy100

I'm going to make an educated deduction, and just assume that Goh was marketably a failure as a co-main character, especially seeing how the writers dont feel bothered to hype up his Project Mew Story arc, like the Masters 8.

Sometimes its challenging to introduce a new character to an anime show thats been ongoing like Pokemon. However, there have been some shows that have done it the proper way, such as Yugioh or even dragon ball z (Gohan).

From what I gather from fans who dislike Goh, is the fact that they "rare-candyed"his story progression from level 1 all the way up to level 70 in such a short period, just to promote him on the same level as Ash.

I assume the Project Mew story introduced by the writers is Goh's saving-grace to attract fanbase popularity by actually catch Mew, since Mew is a very marketable pokemon. I assume fans may not like this, but some may be able to tolerate it, as long as he accomplished something that is as big as Ash winning the World Tournament. '

Once he captures Mew, it will remain on his roster, just to excite fans to see how he uses it.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm going to make an educated deduction, and just assume that Goh was marketably a failure as a co-main character, especially seeing how the writers dont feel bothered to hype up his Project Mew Story arc, like the Masters 8.

Sometimes its challenging to introduce a new character to an anime show thats been ongoing like Pokemon. However, there have been some shows that have done it the proper way, such as Yugioh or even dragon ball z (Gohan).

From what I gather from fans who dislike Goh, is the fact that they "rare-candyed"his story progression from level 1 all the way up to level 70 in such a short period, just to promote him on the same level as Ash.

I assume the Project Mew story introduced by the writers is Goh's saving-grace to attract fanbase popularity by actually catch Mew, since Mew is a very marketable pokemon. I assume fans may not like this, but some may be able to tolerate it, as long as he accomplished something that is as big as Ash winning the World Tournament. '

Once he captures Mew, it will remain on his roster, just to excite fans to see how he uses it.
Pretty sure no one would want this unless it was Ash who caught it.

Guy100

Pretty sure no one would want this unless it was Ash who caught it.
Well I see two opinions for Goh, he either succeeds or he doesn't. Either scenario will affect his future on the anime.

Scenario 1: He catches Mew. This means Goh will have achieved his goal and depart from project mew to continue his dream of catching every pokemon. Hinting to him tagging along with Ash to Paldea or other regions.

Scenario 2: Goh fails, and he's remains a chaser with Project Mew. This could possibly imply that he will no longer be a recurring main character, as he will be too preoccupied trying to chase Mew. However, the writers could perhaps incorporate PM in the new anime, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.