• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
alway felt like pm was kinda of a afterthought given how it only came to be mid series with little build up when the writers realized the catching every Pokémon goal wasn’t working.
It definitely was. It's like Goh thought Mew was gonna descend from the heavens and congratulate him lmao.
Goh's marketability worked, and by January it'll be proved to everyone here

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
there is one thing i noticed in the preview that i'm wondering about.

some of the background pieces look very similar to those used in the Mewtwo episode.

now i'm wondering if it's going to reappear during this, and if it does...will Gary have PTSD when he sees it?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

some of the background pieces look very similar to those used in the Mewtwo episode.

now i'm wondering if it's going to reappear during this, and if it does...will Gary have PTSD when he sees it?
Nah, PTSD would be too mature for the anime...
imagem-2022-11-11-135709675.png

...nevermind

BobbbidyBob

I don’t think he will appear in the next episode, otherwise they would have showed him (I think)

Gingertail24

I'm going to make an educated deduction, and just assume that Goh was marketably a failure as a co-main character, especially seeing how the writers dont feel bothered to hype up his Project Mew Story arc, like the Masters 8.

Sometimes its challenging to introduce a new character to an anime show thats been ongoing like Pokemon. However, there have been some shows that have done it the proper way, such as Yugioh or even dragon ball z (Gohan).

From what I gather from fans who dislike Goh, is the fact that they "rare-candyed"his story progression from level 1 all the way up to level 70 in such a short period, just to promote him on the same level as Ash.

I assume the Project Mew story introduced by the writers is Goh's saving-grace to attract fanbase popularity by actually catch Mew, since Mew is a very marketable pokemon. I assume fans may not like this, but some may be able to tolerate it, as long as he accomplished something that is as big as Ash winning the World Tournament. '

Once he captures Mew, it will remain on his roster, just to excite fans to see how he uses it.
That's my issue as well. They states they wanted Ash and goh as equals. That can be difficult considering Ash has 25 years of experience (basically) and GOH just began his journey. Imo they should of went full on mentor role for Ash and goh

But maybe that is also drastic too. Imo they sorta made dawn and Ash equals. Although where Ash is in DP doesn't really compare to where he is now as the world's strongest trainer. The equal thing isn't impossible I think, but the execution has a lot of gripes imo

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I mean the way the handled it was iffy imo. Considering she just has it disappeared in one single episode. Just because a show has a "mature" topic doesn't automatically mean much of execution isn't well
It might have been solved quickly but wasn't instantly either... She started with the egg, then vulpix, then pikachu, then went back and only then the trauma disappeared
And the trauma itself was a common situation in the episodes even if played for gags

BlueDragonfangirl

Gary never saw Mew, it was Mewtwo he saw in his battle with Team Rocket’s boss for the badge, Mew’s an adorable friendly looking Pokémon, not sure how he’s put two and two together.

He wasn’t in the first movie to see those events, Gary look a like was LOL.
I believe that he will catch Mew, since Ash accomplished his goal this series, Goh will accomplish his goal.
i think all that’d accomplish is pissing off fans, they should have given him a different Pokemon for him to aim for that no one cares about, maybe the unknown Pokémon from movie 3.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Gary never saw Mew, it was Mewtwo he saw in his battle with Team Rocket’s boss for the badge, Mew’s an adorable friendly looking Pokémon, not sure how he’s put two and two together.

He wasn’t in the first movie to see those events, Gary look a like was LOL.

All I was saying is that some of the background shots (like the jungle looking ones) reminded me of the terrain for the Mewtwo episode we got earlier on.

I was thinking maybe Mewtwo shows up during this and if it does, would Gary remember it and potentially get PTSD since we all know it was a confidence breaker to him.

ShuckFam

I'm going to make an educated deduction, and just assume that Goh was marketably a failure as a co-main character, especially seeing how the writers dont feel bothered to hype up his Project Mew Story arc, like the Masters 8.

Sometimes its challenging to introduce a new character to an anime show thats been ongoing like Pokemon. However, there have been some shows that have done it the proper way, such as Yugioh or even dragon ball z (Gohan).

From what I gather from fans who dislike Goh, is the fact that they "rare-candyed"his story progression from level 1 all the way up to level 70 in such a short period, just to promote him on the same level as Ash.

I assume the Project Mew story introduced by the writers is Goh's saving-grace to attract fanbase popularity by actually catch Mew, since Mew is a very marketable pokemon. I assume fans may not like this, but some may be able to tolerate it, as long as he accomplished something that is as big as Ash winning the World Tournament. '

Once he captures Mew, it will remain on his roster, just to excite fans to see how he uses it.
I think you're right. Goh got Trip'd.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
He didn't even see Mewtwo in full either. It was still in its restrictive armor when he was battling it.

Guy100

I think you're right. Goh got Trip'd.
Funny you mention Trip, as he was the most disappointing rival, losing at the first match of the pokemon league, finishing in last place.

I would assume, that if the writers no longer want to keep Goh around, they may end up having him fail his mention, just to humble his character.

Just because Ash succeeded at something, doesn't mean Goh gets an automated win.

Then again, I keep reminding myself of how he caught a Suicune and Regieleki. So, who knows.

If Goh does end up failing and phone crying to Ash, its expected that Ash would just give him the pep talk of how goals are never easy and its a long a difficult road speech, reminiscing his own failures of not achieving his earlier accomplishments starting out as a trainer. Though I doubt the current writers would do that, though if Takeshi Shudo were alive and was put as the current writer he would have no problem hammering this message home.

BobbbidyBob

All I was saying is that some of the background shots (like the jungle looking ones) reminded me of the terrain for the Mewtwo episode we got earlier on.

I was thinking maybe Mewtwo shows up during this and if it does, would Gary remember it and potentially get PTSD since we all know it was a confidence breaker to him.
Ngl, that would make the episode more interesting lol but the last time M2 appeared they hyped that episode up unlike any other episode in JN

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
As I already said before, I'm fully expecting Goh to either meet Mew or temporarily catch Mew. Goh and Ash made a promise to each other, and it only makes sense that they both accomplish their respective goals and then fulfill that promise.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I'm still on my baseless theory that this got put after Masters 8 because they ran out of time and really wanted to get the Galar-specific stuff done before Scarlet/Violet come out because there's no way you can top what just happened.

I'll still watch these since we're at the end of the road anyways but the timeline sure couldn't get much weirder.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm still on my baseless theory that this got put after Masters 8 because they ran out of time and really wanted to get the Galar-specific stuff done before Scarlet/Violet come out because there's no way you can top what just happened.

I'll still watch these since we're at the end of the road anyways but the timeline sure couldn't get much weirder.
Logically, it would make more sense if they like did Project Mew first, since it feels like it requires less effort in animation department compared to heavily battle-oriented PWC. But yeah, it's pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.