• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbbidyBob

I'm aware of that, I was just pointing out how similar the locations looked.
Yeah, both seem to have tropical climates? XD although faraway island is in Hoenn right?

Gingertail24

Because even the ones who tried to artificially sell this idea of a character equal to Ash knew it was never going to work. Dawn remains the only one close to that working.

Do they think people will be watching on the streets in Japan how Goh gets Mew? Or that he'll be in regular media? Nobody in the big picture cares.

Edit: UnovaMaster angry face reaction confirms I'm right.
Tbh I agree. I feel that even tho dawn is considered a companion. I feel that she was honestly the closest to a actual duo protagonist with Ash. Especially with how both goals and arc were written well.

Now granted comparing people watching Ash beat the pwc and people watching it to GOH is unfair. None, no matter how well they are will live up to that hype. Even dawn. Ash is 25 years working to be the strongest. GOH was never gonna compare. And this was my issue with the whole equal protagonist thing. It was hardly gonna work

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
TDLR, Project Mew ain't breaking Twitter.
Given Twitter’s current condition, enough tweets and retweets might actually break Twitter

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Are people even mentally prepared for Goh to catch Mew? Journeys has bread an entire subculture of discussion on who "deserves" what and the Suicune thing is still talked about to date

I mean you look back at Regileki and not many batted an eyelash at that one, not many cared for Eternatus either because like the games it had to be detained.

Heck Grookey's obtainment is the most controversial thing he's done, even more so than Suicune

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Glad I was not the only one who thought they could use this after Ash won, but this was before we knew about the episodes after it
Now I'm not really sure
Then maybe after the Project Mew's finale when we're back to the time after Ash beat Leon.
I also hope this version of A New Beginning will be played in the last episode of Journeys:

Remix2

The co main lead only get a two parter while the main lead get 4 parter(also doesnt help that this is after the biggest battle in ash history).

Lol kinda show that the writers lost faith in him.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Most of us developed a sunk cost complex when it came to Ash winning anything.

We did not develop that same complex with Goh.

STICKTOPIA

But yes keep projecting YOUR loss of faith using information not set in stone, that's not awkward at all
Lol make sure you take that same advice for yourself if things don’t go the way you expect

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
The only music I wanna hear in the anime in 2023 is the magnificent Gym Leader theme SV has.

Also no more Hillbilly Banjo catching spree music.

Cause there is not going to be more.

Lol make sure you take that same advice for yourself if things don’t go the way you expect

Don't worry. He will be to ashamed to show his face when Journeys ends.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh Btw

Now offciially this episode and this series are outdated.

A new low for Journeys.
Why? Journeys was never the Gen8-anime..

Red and Blue

Why? Journeys was never the Gen8-anime..
Plus even if you do consider Journeys a Gen 8 series it going past SV's launch isn't really its fault. That's due to production issues rather than the writing

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Plus even if you do consider Journeys a Gen 8 series it going past SV's launch isn't really its fault. That's due to production issues rather than the writing
We don’t know that for sure. They could have planned to go past the SV launch date.

Status
Not open for further replies.