• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy100

I think Mews capture was hinted way back in the darkest day story arc. I do recall a while back that there was a promotional poster during the darkest day arc, which featured Ash and Goh alongside a picture panel of pokemon (dracovish, mew, suicune, zapdos, zacian, etc) in the background. Since watching the anime, nearly all of those pokemon depicted on that panel have ended up playing some type of role in the story or being a companion of Ash (Dracovish, Zacian) and Goh (Suicune, Zamazenta).

Based on how the story is moving forward of progressing Ash and Goh story, Its unlikely that the anime would introduce a Mew story arc centered around Goh's goal, and not have him catch it towards the climax, unless they plan to keep Goh as a main character in the future.

I'm not too thrilled of Goh getting mew so reluctantly, especially since he hasn't caught very many pokemon in a while. I was actually hoping that by now he would have caught over 200 or 300, but oh well.

Akashin

There wasn’t really much to hint at; it was always relatively likely Mew would be appearing at some point.

As far as it being caught? Personally I lean more toward either him failing to catch it, catching and then releasing it, or just deciding not to catch it at all. But we’ll see.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Sound like prof. Hodoka has suspicious behavior.

Red and Blue

At least Go could still have Grookey since it is usually outside of its Ball

BobbbidyBob

Let me guess, Mew is gonna pull pranks on them while they are lost?

Gingertail24

I think Mews capture was hinted way back in the darkest day story arc. I do recall a while back that there was a promotional poster during the darkest day arc, which featured Ash and Goh alongside a picture panel of pokemon (dracovish, mew, suicune, zapdos, zacian, etc) in the background. Since watching the anime, nearly all of those pokemon depicted on that panel have ended up playing some type of role in the story or being a companion of Ash (Dracovish, Zacian) and Goh (Suicune, Zamazenta).

Based on how the story is moving forward of progressing Ash and Goh story, Its unlikely that the anime would introduce a Mew story arc centered around Goh's goal, and not have him catch it towards the climax, unless they plan to keep Goh as a main character in the future.

I'm not too thrilled of Goh getting mew so reluctantly, especially since he hasn't caught very many pokemon in a while. I was actually hoping that by now he would have caught over 200 or 300, but oh well.
Bruh what. Are we watching the same show. Your acting like it isn't tradition for companions to not complete their goal

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Who really expected them to incorporate Faraway Island into the anime after 18 years? Pretty cool, I hope they have the barely legible signposting as there was in Emerald, assumed to be left by Mr Fuji.. and I hope that they navigate there using the Old Sea Map, properly drilling in the references..

Extra marks if they travel there through Mr Briney.. (unlikely I know).

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So another break huh?
If you want to consider it a break, sure...but that's on you mate. I think a lot of people around here are going to enjoy this episode.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Dude. You took their comment somewhere else. There IS a break. 132 is on 11/11. 133 is on 11/25.

11/18 is a break.
Technically there isn’t - we get Coco instead.

But if I recall correctly, the poster I was replying to has treated Goh episodes as breaks in the past.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Already voiced my frustration with this potentially being a 2 ep arc only in the other ep thread, but yeah
On the bright side, I'm happy they are adapting Faraway Island as the hiding place of Mew rather than making up a new location entirely. Glad to see that game lore
Hope they pace these episodes well to let the Project Mew members bounce off each other and conclude Goh's arc in a satisfying way

Status
Not open for further replies.