• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Logically, it would make more sense if they like did Project Mew first, since it feels like it requires less effort in animation department compared to heavily battle-oriented PWC. But yeah, it's pretty weird.
I agree as well that that's what they should've done.

My tinfoil hat says before they started Masters 8, they saw the timeline and were worried that they might not squeeze both in in time (which evidently did not happen), so they made the call to do Masters 8 first just in case things got delayed (which it seems like it did).

Gingertail24

As I already said before, I'm fully expecting Goh to either meet Mew or temporarily catch Mew. Goh and Ash made a promise to each other, and it only makes sense that they both accomplish their respective goals and then fulfill that promise.
He will definitely meet mew. Catch it tho? I seriously doubt it

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
As I already said before, I'm fully expecting Goh to either meet Mew or temporarily catch Mew. Goh and Ash made a promise to each other, and it only makes sense that they both accomplish their respective goals and then fulfill that promise.
I think Goh catches it, and then decides to hand it off to Gary so they can further research.

Ryker101

Weird how they’re doing this after PWC but still looking forward to seeing how Goh’s story wraps up

Glad he’s got a 2 parter for it

Xuxuba

Someone on twitter suggested that a betrayal might happen within Project Mew and i found that interesting, because if one of these character were to try to catch Mew while working for TR, it would be a great way to bring back Giovanni.

Since Goh seems to be asking Ash for help, they could have him finally beat Giovanni.
That would certainly be a less anticlimatic ending, but it's just my wishful thinking.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Someone on twitter suggested that a betrayal might happen within Project Mew and i found that interesting, because if one of these character were to try to catch Mew while working for TR, it would be a great way to bring back Giovanni.

Since Goh seems to be asking Ash for help, they could have him finally beat Giovanni.
That would certainly be a less anticlimatic ending, but it's just my wishful thinking.
What if Gary was a plant the whole time and a double agent, and then does something bad?

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Would kinda suck if Goh needed to ask Ash for help when part of his PM arc was to get things done without needing Ash there.

Xuxuba

What if Gary was a plant the whole time and a double agent, and then does something bad?
I was thinking more of Professor Amarath as he started this whole project. He looks kinda shady and it seems like his japanese name is an allusion to Dr. Fuji, the scientist who created Mewtwo.
Would kinda suck if Goh needed to ask Ash for help when part of his PM arc was to get things done without needing Ash there.
Most of the time Goh is doing his own thing, catching a bunch of pokémon without Ash's help, so i don't see how he is any more dependent on Ash than the other companions.
Besides, if TR were to be involved, it would be kinda unfair to have him alone against a whole evil organization, at least some of the people on the Project Mew he'd have to depend on.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Leon got to show off G-Max Rillaboom and G-Max Cinderace but not G-Max Inteleon

Goh is long gone from Galar so he can't showcase G-Max Inteleon either

Journeys why do you hate me so much? :(
To be fair, G-Max Cinderace got the Mega Zard Y treatment. Inteleon probably wouldn't have done much better.

Dayn72

Definitely. That would be the best possible ending for journeys.

Ash receiving a call from Goh sure means he’s in trouble. Whatever happens in this episode is going on at the same time as Ash’s battle. Amaranth seems to have plotted all this to get Mew for his own, or maybe for Giovanni.

After his failure with Mewtwo, he wants to try to replicate Mew once again or even keep the original. Ash, Chloe (and probably Dawn, unless she has already left to Sinnoh) go to Table Mountain to aid them and solve the Pokéball hijacking, probably caused by Team Rocket. One final turn of Jessie and James to the good side would be nice, and also Ash defeating Giovanni’s Persian with Pikachu.

In the end, Goh decides that Mew has to remain free, and proposes to create “Project Legends”, in which the team has to find and research mysteries about legendary Pokémon around the world, with the sole purpose of investigating them instead of catching them.

Chloe joins the Eevee Research Institute to study Pokémon Evolution or goes with Dawn to Sinnoh to be Serbal’s assistant (as he is specialized in the field).
That would be a decent ending imo.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Definitely. That would be the best possible ending for journeys.

Ash receiving a call from Goh sure means he’s in trouble. Whatever happens in this episode is going on at the same time as Ash’s battle. Amaranth seems to have plotted all this to get Mew for his own, or maybe for Giovanni.

After his failure with Mewtwo, he wants to try to replicate Mew once again or even keep the original. Ash, Chloe (and probably Dawn, unless she has already left to Sinnoh) go to Table Mountain to aid them and solve the Pokéball hijacking, probably caused by Team Rocket. One final turn of Jessie and James to the good side would be nice, and also Ash defeating Giovanni’s Persian with Pikachu.

In the end, Goh decides that Mew has to remain free, and proposes to create “Project Legends”, in which the team has to find and research mysteries about legendary Pokémon around the world, with the sole purpose of investigating them instead of catching them.

Chloe joins the Eevee Research Institute to study Pokémon Evolution or goes with Dawn to Sinnoh to be Serbal’s assistant (as he is specialized in the field).
That would be a decent ending imo.

I think Chloe Eevee might have been inspired by Ash's battle. Chloe doesn't know what path Eevee wants, it could be interesting if we have a female battler again.

Gingertail24

I think Chloe Eevee might have been inspired by Ash's battle. Chloe doesn't know what path Eevee wants, it could be interesting if we have a female battler again.
I doubt it, considering her arc ended with her saying she wants to learn more about evolution in general

Guy100

For some reason, Project Mew just sound too reminiscent to Project Mewtwo. In pokemon the first movie, those scientist were on an expedition to find mew in order to study it, and then once discovering some DNA of the creature they used it to clone a second species; Mewtwo.

The fact that the purpose of the Project Mew expedition is to catch and study Mew in a lab tells me that no one will be getting it. I think Mew MUCH too intelligent to allow itself to be the study of mere scientist.

If Goh truly wants to earn the capture then I think he should work his way up to catching lots more pokemon and building a better understanding of how they live and connect with people, they way Ash did through his travels across the regions of the Pokemon World, before becoming a Monarch himself.

The thought of Goh catching Mew and then having it confined to a lab for research just make me think of Mewtwo. In contrast to the Project Mew research, I believe this is why professor Oak's lab is far different than others, as his research facility allows the pokemon to roam and do as they please while he watches from afar to study them.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
For some reason, Project Mew just sound too reminiscent to Project Mewtwo. In pokemon the first movie, those scientist were on an expedition to find mew in order to study it, and then once discovering some DNA of the creature they used it to clone a second species; Mewtwo.

The fact that the purpose of the Project Mew expedition is to catch and study Mew in a lab tells me that no one will be getting it. I think Mew MUCH too intelligent to allow itself to be the study of mere scientist.

If Goh truly wants to earn the capture then I think he should work his way up to catching lots more pokemon and building a better understanding of how they live and connect with people, they way Ash did through his travels across the regions of the Pokemon World, before becoming a Monarch himself.

The thought of Goh catching Mew and then having it confined to a lab for research just make me think of Mewtwo. In contrast to the Project Mew research, I believe this is why professor Oak's lab is far different than others, as his research facility allows the pokemon to roam and do as they please while he watches from afar to study them.
It's kind of an interesting parallel to Eternatus, that was caught by Goh, locked, then partially reintegrated(to connect with people too), then when it was under research it broke free and returned to roaming around Galar

Status
Not open for further replies.