• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Now that Project Mew is coming to an end, I keep wishing Jessie was somehow involved in the story.

The anime could have acknowledged her mom, Miyamoto, and what happened when she went looking for Mew, and even made Jessie part of Project Mew under a disguise, and Jessie's driving motivation would have been to find out about her mom. It would've probably been too heavy of a storyline for Journeys and Team Rocket, I guess, but it would've been nice to give Team Rocket some sort of active goal to shoot towards. I guess ultimately I just wish Team Rocket got more to do in this series, lol.

Though the storyline would've probably taken away from Goh, since this Mew story is supposed to be about him, after all.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
That seems very unlikely. Journeys had more weeks off than any series, and there's no way it was wanted for the SV anime (If there is one) to not be ready in tandem with the games.
We don’t know what OLM, TVTokyo, or TPC have or had planned or how those changed due to COVID. We can’t just assume that they intended to keep the normal pattern when we still don’t have any official indication of a Gen9 anime.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
....Anyways surely the constant gaps, multiple recaps and complaints about not having enough resources to keep the show going smoothly clearly indicates this was all planned. Right.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
....Anyways surely the constant gaps, multiple recaps and complaints about not having enough resources to keep the show going smoothly clearly indicates this was all planned. Right.
I…didn’t exactly say that.

I just said that we can’t assume that things would have always happened the way they happened if these other factors weren’t an issue.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I…didn’t exactly say that.

I just said that we can’t assume that things would have always happened the way they happened if these other factors weren’t an issue.
I didn’t say you said that, I’m commenting on you implying that this being planned could’ve been a possibility and if it was that sure is interesting.

Master Pikachu 11

If Goh manages to catch Mew, it’s gonna break the whole internet.
Well I expect it to happen since his goal of catching Mew is tied to Ash taking on and beating Leon. It started to become that very clear when they stopped Goh from catching anymore Pokémon. His last capture was Regieleki and he didn’t catch anything since then.

Goh is catching Mew. This series (JN) is over.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
So does that mean the giant regigigas didn’t mean anything in the end?

Since now the hurdle seems to be kyogre and groundon who both randomly are in the caves of this one island.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So does that mean the giant regigigas didn’t mean anything in the end?

Since now the hurdle seems to be kyogre and groundon who both randomly are in the caves of this one island.
Yeah Regiggas seems to have just been a reference to Crown Tundra and what happens when you gather all 5 Regis
Kinda lame though there's no point to the Regis
Project Mew needed more episodes to include more relevant stuff such as this

BobbbidyBob

Groudon and Kyogre are obviously Mew imo similar to how it impersonated Lugia
Project Mew looks hype asf!! Although again, I can't help but feel it's too rushed with just 2 potential episodes
Either way, hope it's still hype asf tho and paced properly, don't see Goh catching New but rather finding a new research goal at the end of it
LOL Mew will impersonate a bunch of legendaries XD

Lelouch-Red

Groudon and Kyogre are obviously Mew imo similar to how it impersonated Lugia
Project Mew looks hype asf!! Although again, I can't help but feel it's too rushed with just 2 potential episodes
Either way, hope it's still hype asf tho and paced properly, don't see Goh catching New but rather finding a new research goal at the end of it
There is nowhere an implication that PM is a two parter lol. Correct me if the narrator in the trailer said otherwise. + the summary of JN134 implies heavily that the episode is not conclusive to PM.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
There is nowhere an implication that PM is a two parter lol. Correct me if the narrator in the trailer said otherwise. + the summary of JN134 implies heavily that the episode is not conclusive to PM.
It's just me assuming because I don't see why ep135 would be a direct reference to the OS001, right down to the way it's written, if it wasn't atleast the last episode of JN

Lelouch-Red

It's just me assuming because I don't see why ep135 would be a direct reference to the OS001, right down to the way it's written, if it wasn't atleast the last episode of JN
Goh and Ash are dual protagonists. Ash chose his pokemon while Goh met Mew. This is a callback to Ash's first episode "I choose you" but in other sense, namely it refers to the other protagonist Goh, who met Mew when he was still a little child. (Surely my theory)

+ I can't remember that we seen a trailer for a two parter. Did that ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.