• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 25th: PM2019 133 - Project Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
...Grookey's going to miraculously evolve and save the day, isn't he? :|

When you're arch-nemesis is renting the cabin on the other side of yours and you don't even know it...
Rayquaza put them on the same island and won't let them leave until they work out their differences

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
How is Mew two things at once?
It's not though.

If you watch the trailer, Kyogre and Groudon do not appear at the same time, and they appear in two different locations. Groudon appears in some generic cave setting, while Kyogre appears in the water, in an underground area surrounded by plants and crystals.

Guy100

I'm not even a huge fan of Goh, and I know that is untrue. He's fought many powerful Pokemon and caught powerful Pokemon, including legendary Pokemon. The execution wasn't always good, but he's certainly earned his spot here.
Well, were going to half to agree to disagree on this.

Besides easily catching a vast number of pokemon, Goh trains barely a hand few of the ones he catches and just goes on these research adventures which have little focus on developing his skills to be a better "Pokemon" trainer. Before project mew came along, it was very unbelievable to see Goh spontaneously developed into such an ace trainer from simply traveling and watching Ash's battles but hardly ever undergoing special training of his own to improve prowess to catch stronger pokemon such as legendaries.

I'll say that there were few occasions of him getting special training with Ash, mostly the one involving the training with his mantis pokemon, but even that felt lackluster cause he rarely used the thing.

The kid is such a natural at honing a pokeball to easily catch pokemon he wants, that he hardly ever depends on using his own pokemon to help aid him which ultimately limits his pokemon abilities of gaining battle experience to make them stronger.

i mean sure, he's gone adventures like all of ash's traveling companions , but what has Goh done prior to project mew to build himself to be a better trainer besides chasing pokemon.

The fact that you admit that the execution of his accomplishments weren't always good further proves my point on why's hasn't done anything significant. Okay, i'm done, i've said all what i needed to say. feel free to disagree.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Eh idk. Using Kyogre and Groudon again is so "have seen this,done that.", it is repetitive in my opinion. I know we are in Hoenn, but using another legendary duo couldn't hurt. I think they try to redeem those two after the Team Aqua vs Team Magma fiasco and the meh Mega Evolution Special 3.

I hope Grookey gets destroyed by Kyogre lol. If that little **** finally evolves,better late than never.

Last edited:

BobbbidyBob

After looking at various pictures on google for possible locations where project mew could take place, this could very well be on the equivalent of Kyushu in Japan. The vegetation looks strikingly similar

Guy100

Actually, someone did already.

EgmLn0iXcAMSOKY

When you think about it, he just makes the most sense.

Interesting. Never knew this. In my earlier comment I was technically refering to the Gen 1 -8 games, but I'll take Professor Oak owning a Mew.

To be honest, I would not be surprise me if the anime does reveal Professor Oak to be a previous owner of a Mew in which he releases after working to study it. After all, Professor Oak was revealed to own a Dragonite, and its hinted even in the Kanto Gen games that he use to be an elite trainer whom one of the Elite Four, Agatha, knew of.

It wouldn't again be a surprise at all if the anime reveals that Professor Oak did become the first Pokemon Master or one of a few trainers that did, and that he even had also caught a Mew sometime ago when he was a trainer but ended up releasing it. I also wouldn't be surprise if the Mew Goh saw on Professor Oaks research ranch was actually a Mew Oak use to own.

With that said, if Goh does catch Mew, it will not be too big of a shock for me, seeing as he's already caught many strong pokemon.

Unlike Ash's accomplishment of defeating Leon, I'm very curious how most fans would react to Goh's accomplished.

I think we've come to the point in the anime that capturing legendaries will become quite a common feat, just like how several characters now are shown to possess Dragonites, which was at a time considered legendary.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Unlike Ash's accomplishment of defeating Leon, I'm very curious how most fans would react to Goh's accomplished.

I think we've come to the point in the anime that capturing legendaries will become quite a common feat, just like how several characters now are shown to possess Dragonites, which was at a time considered legendary.
Really I don't think it would be that jarring if the anime hadn't been stagnant with legendaries/mythicals for so long, it's like Ash finally battling the champions or even just capturing the likes of Lucario instead of a strictly current-gen team. The show was THAT rigid about things before and what was part of this greater scope they never touched.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Interesting. Never knew this. In my earlier comment I was technically refering to the Gen 1 -8 games, but I'll take Professor Oak owning a Mew.

To be honest, I would not be surprise me if the anime does reveal Professor Oak to be a previous owner of a Mew in which he releases after working to study it. After all, Professor Oak was revealed to own a Dragonite, and its hinted even in the Kanto Gen games that he use to be an elite trainer whom one of the Elite Four, Agatha, knew of.

He gets Mew as part of Masters' story, he doesn't just randomly show up with one without explanation.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Eh idk. Using Kyogre and Groudon again is so "have seen this,done that.", it is repetitive in my opinion. I know we are in Hoenn, but using another legendary duo couldn't hurt. I think they try to redeem those two after the Team Aqua vs Team Magma fiasco and the meh Mega Evolution Special 3.

I hope Grookey gets destroyed by Kyogre lol. If that little **** finally evolves,better late than never.
Yea, them appearing as much as they have (especially Kyogre who showed up in Kanto and Alola of all places) kinda undermines the entire Magma/Aqua plotline. Had they not used the Regis as capture fodder in the PM plot, this could have been a good place for them to appear.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Yea, them appearing as much as they have (especially Kyogre who showed up in Kanto and Alola of all places) kinda undermines the entire Magma/Aqua plotline. Had they not used the Regis as capture fodder in the PM plot, this could have been a good place for them to appear.
I get the needed big and dangerous Pokemon for PM, but you could have used other legendary Pokemon. I mean it is not like some Pokemon only appear in one region like the dog trio or the Bird trio.

MunchMunch

I get the needed big and dangerous Pokemon for PM, but you could have used other legendary Pokemon. I mean it is not like some Pokemon only appear in one region like the dog trio or the Bird trio.
I feel they used the regis as a reference to Movie 8 as well as their "connection" to Mew.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I feel they used the regis as a reference to Movie 8 as well as their "connection" to Mew.
If they were smart, they could have let the "Tree of beginning" be in the place they are searching Mew and let all the three regis appear there. I feel like they are making it needlessly complicated while the solution is there all along.

They could have easily replaced the mission of JN113 with something else like Gary and Gou facing the Galarian Bird Trio or Carylex.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
They’re referencing Faraway Island, which was an Emerald-exclusive location. It makes sense that they’re using Gen3 legendaries here.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
If they were smart, they could have let the "Tree of beginning" be in the place they are searching Mew and let all the three regis appear there. I feel like they are making it needlessly complicated while the solution is there all along.

They could have easily replaced the mission of JN113 with something else like Gary and Gou facing the Galarian Bird Trio or Carylex.
I get the feeling that their usage of Faraway Island in this is their attempt to synergize with the games. Notice how throughout Journeys that there‘s hardly been any anime exclusive locations and most have been places from the games and they even changed the appearance of characters to match their game counterpart even if they looked nothing like that before. It’s definitely gotta be intentional.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I know that, but it is hardly anything to be amazed off.
Based on our previous conversations, I get the feeling that you’d find something to complain about no matter what they did…

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Based on our previous conversations, I get the feeling that you’d find something to complain about no matter what they did…
No lol. I am critical, but I don't hate. It is okay to be critical. Some people are mindless zombies who take everything without using their brains and think about what has been shown (not you obviously, you are a cool dude)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I do wonder whether another reason Project Mew was held after Ash vs Leon was that Ash vs Leon hype might have conflicted with SV, esp as Leon was the main gen 8 element they got over with in the last week of gen 8. Meanwhile project Mew moreso encompasses the franchise as a whole, so it could promote the whole franchise while not taking too much attention away to promote the games. May tie into that spirigatito appearance that's rumored as well (probably a Mew cameo)

Also I think Goh finishing his goal after Ash makes more sense considering they wanted to show both characters completing the goal at the same time, esp because Project Mew conclusion would directly lead into what's decided for Goh's future

Status
Not open for further replies.