• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 27th: PM2019 047 - Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
*sigh*
Let me guess...that poor Blaziken is going to be jobbed in a shoe-horned, short PWC battle, isn't it? :(
Nah it’s one of the competitors in the eating contest.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Not a very interesting premise, but maybe we get some funny faces.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Still wondering if Goh will ever get into battling. Maybe not like Ash but more into casual battles to even evolve his Pokémon or something.

I like Goh as a character he doesn‘t bother me, but so far I don’t really enjoy the little side competitions that he takes part in. Even if Ash also joins I still find it uninteresting. What do you all think?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Still wondering if Goh will ever get into battling. Maybe not like Ash but more into casual battles to even evolve his Pokémon or something.

I like Goh as a character he doesn‘t bother me, but so far I don’t really enjoy the little side competitions that he takes part in. Even if Ash also joins I still find it uninteresting. What do you all think?
Well there's a chance Goh's Skwovet might evolve into a Greedent here

Leonhart

Imagineer
IrieFuse said:

I personally don't think that this scenario would work well since it would just lead to more Gou centric episodes, which would then lead to some viewers harboring even more hatred for his character since there are already fears of Gou potentially overshadowing Satoshi even just in regular filler episodes.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Seems unlikely considering how the writers keep emphasizing that battling is Ash's thing, and catching Pokemon is Goh's thing (for reference: check title for episode 46). I wouldn't mind seeing more battles versus more powerful Pokemon though.

Rohanator

If no one catches the Blaziken I think it'll be safe to say that no one's getting old starters this series (until DP remakes at least), guess it makes sense to only show them as one offs since the writers prefer focusing on Gou's Galar Mons, having captures like regional birds and etc be mostly background characters is fine but a starter not getting screentime would feel more out of place.

Anyway doing a funny episode with Blaziken is good, show a new side of it since the cool side is what everyone already knows.

PsychoLogical

A Blaziken in the main cast?

Oh, please, the marketing team would have already gone nuts with it, but Goh can't do a Pikachu+Lucario job.
What's to stop them from doing it in the future, it'd a missed opportunity for marketing if they don't have Hoenn's Charizard on the main cast.

:>

D

Deleted member 384931

What's to stop them from doing it in the future, it'd a missed opportunity for marketing if they don't have Hoenn's Charizard on the main cast.

:>
Odd that Sinnoh is the only region where Charizard is never used in a big way

PsychoLogical

Odd that Sinnoh is the only region where Charizard is never used in a big way
Funny cause they apparently planned on originally making another evolution regarding the Charizard line according to unused data but got scrapped during production.

Status
Not open for further replies.