• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 27th: PM2019 047 - Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If no one catches the Blaziken I think it'll be safe to say that no one's getting old starters this series (until DP remakes at least), guess it makes sense to only show them as one offs since the writers prefer focusing on Gou's Galar Mons, having captures like regional birds and etc be mostly background characters is fine but a starter not getting screentime would feel more out of place.

Anyway doing a funny episode with Blaziken is good, show a new side of it since the cool side is what everyone already knows.
The Blaziken isn't even a wild mon anyways , and as a side note: What's to stop them from putting a Blaziken on the main cast in the future, it'd be a pretty big missed opportunity for marketing if they don't put Hoenn's version of Charizard on the main cast lmao :>

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The Blaziken isn't even a wild mon anyways , and as a side note: What's to stop them from putting a Blaziken on the main cast in the future, it'd be a pretty big missed opportunity for marketing if they don't put Hoenn's version of Charizard on the main cast lmao :>
What's stopping them is the fact that they already have Galar's Charizard on the Main cast

PsychoLogical

What's stopping them is the fact that they already have Galar's Charizard on the Main cast
Only belongs to the secondary protag no? Hoenn’s Charizard can go to the primary protag instead cause why tf not LULZ :>
EZ win-win for marketing.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Only belongs to the secondary protag no? Hoenn’s Charizard can go to the primary protag instead cause why tf not LULZ :>
EZ win-win for marketing.
Yeah but it's still Galar's biggest Shillmon

Can't risk letting any other Fire Starter outshine it.

The Gotcha! Video makes it insanely clear that it's meant to be the Charizard of this Gen. Clearly meant to overshadow the rest :rolleyes:

PsychoLogical

Yeah but it's still Galar's biggest Shillmon

Can't risk letting any other Fire Starter outshine it.

The Gotcha! Video makes it insanely clear that it's meant to be the Charizard of this Gen. Clearly meant to overshadow the rest :rolleyes:
This old one likely can’t really beat the new one tho :>

Rohanator

Nothing's STOPPING them, I'm just saying this seems to be what they've decided to do so I'm personally less likely to bother speculating about old starters until proven otherwise. Anything could happen at any time but at some point you gotta make some determinations based on what you've been shown, this whole "X thing doesn't stop them from doing Y" argument that's always thrown around in the Pokemon speculation thread just makes it so no discussion goes anywhere.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
One question about this episode. Do we suppose all the Pokemon in the Eating Contest have trainers? I mean, I expected a Snorlax being the champion, but it's hard for me to believe a Blaziken can eat as much as a Snorlax. So, it come to my mind that, if this Blaziken doesn't have a trainer, which I doubt, then Ash could catch it after bonding to each other for their love for eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.