• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 28: XY008 - The Pokémon Groomer and Furfrou!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Will the Furfrou groomer be Ash's new rival?

How could a groomer be Ash's rival? What, would she battle him with styling shears? It seems obvious that she'll be a character of the day; she probably won't even have any Pokemon of her own (pretty sure Furfrou is confirmed to belong to a customer). I keep getting Pokemon Fashion Flash vibes from this episode. Alas, if only we were still in Kanto.~

Sephora

yes I'm back
\
Maybe this episode will influence Serena to become a groomer? It's the first episode without anything major happening in it, so we'll see.

That's even worse than Rhyhorn Racing.

How could a groomer be Ash's rival? What, would she battle him with styling shears?

I laughed way to hard at this hahaha

Luthor

I think this episode probably will show some of the other forms of furfrou. I just wonder which.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Rhyhorn Racing would be a much better goal for Serena IMO.

Lol, I don't think so. I think the MegaBlaziken trainer will be Ash's new rival.

Not really, at least with pokemon grooming, she can use all her pokemon(with hair), if she does Rhyhorn racing, her other pokemon are useless.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Are people implying that Pokemon styling will be Serena's goal after she interacts with Furfrou and the groomer here? I highly doubt that. I'd like there to be more to Serena's character than fashion. I just think it would be boring to see her groom Pokemon constantly like Brock did; I remember how he treated his Vulpix more like a work of art than an actual Pokemon sometimes and I don't want Serena to be focused on her Pokemon's beauty like that either.

RocketToTheMoon

Sorry if this is already stated, but is it possible that Jessica trades the Furfou to Serena/Ash/anyone? It would be like the opposite of when James more-or-less gave Cacnea to Gardenia; Jessica could ask one of them to raise it for her or something :p

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Are people implying that Pokemon styling will be Serena's goal after she interacts with Furfrou and the groomer here? I highly doubt that. I'd like there to be more to Serena's character than fashion. I just think it would be boring to see her groom Pokemon constantly like Brock did; I remember how he treated his Vulpix more like a work of art than an actual Pokemon sometimes and I don't want Serena to be focused on her Pokemon's beauty like that either.
Perhaps grooming is one of the multiple branches of the Pokémon Styling tree, don't you think ? Maybe will this Jessica give Serena an idea of what type of Pokémon styling/fashion she wants to do. :p
But I agree... Serena being a Pokémon Groomer... I would prefer Rhyhorn Races at this point.
Sorry if this is already stated, but is it possible that Jessica trades the Furfou to Serena/Ash/anyone? It would be like the opposite of when James more-or-less gave Cacnea to Gardenia; Jessica could ask one of them to raise it for her or something :p
Jessica is most likely a simple Furfrou hair stylist, and nothing else; the Furfrou must belong to someone who is Jessica's customer. It will probably be the typical scenario where a trainer/person has to take care of a Pokémon but refuses to cooperate, but will bond with it during the episode (probably will save it from some sort of problem, like Team Rocket) and, in the end, the Pokémon will obey that person and will return to its original trainer afterward under the sunset. I can smell it.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Not really, at least with pokemon grooming, she can use all her pokemon(with hair), if she does Rhyhorn racing, her other pokemon are useless.

Please tell me you are joking.
Even though I am not a fan off RR, it would be better than a groomer imo

"Oh ladies and gentleman, Serena has just applied the comb. We'll see how her rivals will come back from this."

Omg haha xD

Luthor

is it possible? well i guess it could be but it would be quite a strange way to go. I doubt they will do that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Please tell me you are joking.
Even though I am not a fan off RR, it would be better than a groomer imo

Omg haha xD

Hey I'm just saying, at least her pokemon would be used lol. Better then her using her mom's Rhyhorn in a goal.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Not if they ride along with her, removing obstacles as she rides Rhyhorn. Also, there's the theory that the race is only the preliminary stage, similar to the appeal stage in contests. The top8 go through to tournament fighting rounds.

It could happen. I'd hate for Serena to go too long without a back-up capture, and I actually like this set up. The mutt wants to be treated as a 'human being', well, the most 'humane' thing to do was to not just let it be stuck in the salon the entire time, but let it enjoy the world, like humans do. Why else would they specify such a standout character, if it were only for a filler? We've got to be critical, these are the early episodes, and yes, in BW, #8 was a filler outside of TR-plot, but this is XY, we still have hopes and dreams! :D

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Not if they ride along with her, removing obstacles as she rides Rhyhorn. Also, there's the theory that the race is only the preliminary stage, similar to the appeal stage in contests. The top8 go through to tournament fighting rounds.

Wow, and I thought Rhyhorn Racing was boring and putting down all of a trainer's Pokémon that cannot be ride on. You have a really good point here! If it was that way, I think I would handle it.
Though something tickles me everytime we're on the Rhyhorn Racing subject; it's clearly evident that Serena dislikes that, by from what we saw in the first two episodes. What would give her motivation to participate in Rhyhorn Races if she can barely control her mother's Rhyhorn and hates to get dirty ?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Has this image been posted yet?

[IMG139]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/images/next/img_next131128.jpg[/IMG139]

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I've not seen it. Awesome. The silly Furfrous appears early. XD

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Has this image been posted yet?

[IMG139]http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/images/next/img_next131128.jpg[/IMG139]

Mh. Maybe is it one of the first Furfrou Serena will see and will be only impressed because she never saw one that close ?
Otherwise, it seems like Serena will show interest for this Pokémon. :p

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Let's hope she gets a Furfrou here. It would fit, since she loves dressing up and whatnot. ^^

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It wouldn't be good if she got a second pokemon within just her third episode with the group....really only the second one that is traveling.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Depends on what you mean with 'good'. Ash and Clemont got a Pokémon very early, so it wouldn't shock me if Serena did, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.