• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 30th: SM52 - The Altar of the Sunne! Solgaleo Descends!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nope its not.
Its 'Solganium Z'.

[IMG139]https://i.imgur.com/GF2v5vp.jpg[/IMG139]

Nope, Ash and Pikachu both a sparkling in Z-power. If it was Solgaleum then Pikachu wouldn't have sparkled in Z-power. It's definitely Pikashunium-Z.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The sun symbol on the Z-Crystal outright proves this is Solganium Z.

But why is Pikachu sparkling in Z-power then? Besides we see Pikachu using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt in the opening. I also fail to see what the purpose of Solgaleum-Z would be.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
But why is Pikachu sparkling is Z-power then? Besides we see Pikachu using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt in the opening. I also fail to see what the purpose of Solgaleum-Z would be.

It is sparkling along with Ash. It's not sparkling on its own and the energy comes from the ring not from Pikachu.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It is sparkling along with Ash. It's not sparkling on its own and the energy comes from the ring not from Pikachu.

This Z-Crystal doesn't look like Pikashunium Z. It is Solganium Z.

This is Solganium Z
https://pikaplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Solganium_Z.png

This is Pikashunium Z
https://i.imgur.com/Hl91S7l.png

Ok I guess I was wrong but still wonder why Ash is using the Solgaleo Z-move in this episode. To defeat the Totem? That seems a bit overkill.

I hope Ash gets the Pikashunium-Z here too, then.

Rajas

So Ash gets the new Ring, most likely gifted from the Tapus, Solgaleo evolves and he gets his Z crystal. Gotta admit this arc has been pretty easy to predict so far.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So Ash gets the new Ring, most likely gifted from the Tapus, Solgaleo evolves and he gets his Z crystal. Gotta admit this arc has been pretty easy to predict so far.

To be fair he did succeed in raising Cosmog for them as per mythology in the games.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
but still wonder why Ash is using the Solgaleo Z-move in this episode.

Most likely Ash is using 'Solganium Z' in order to open an Ultra Wormhole.

If you have seen the animation of 'Searing Sunraze Smash', you would know that in order to execute that move, Solgaleo opens a Ultra Wormhole and jumps into it, while also dragging the opponent along with it, and then attacking it in the Ultra Space.

My guess, the anime would showcase Solgaleo power a bit differently, and would make it so that while it could travel on its own into the Ultra Wormhole, but if others want to come with it, they would need the power of 'Searing Sunraze Smash' to open a big enough portal for others to travel as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One question does pop up though.

How is the anime able to showcase that a person can use a Z-Move along with a Wild Pokemon as well.

I mean, while Ash is looking after Nebby, but it is still a wild pokemon.

So, there are only two logical scenario that the writers can showcase here.

- The ability to use Z-Move along with a wild pokemon is an ability of the 'Z-Power Ring'. OR
- Solgaleo temporarily joins Ash's team (as in Ash temporarily catches it) in order to use the Z-Move.

Hopefully, they just don't randomly show that the Z-Move can be used along with wild pokemon, without any reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

Rajas

To be fair he did succeed in raising Cosmog for them as per mythology in the games.

Well he was the chosen one by the Tapus since the beginning so it's all fair although all this happened due to his negligence as well lmao. I'm just a bit skeptical that so much people, myself included, were able to predict this arc happening nearly episode for episode months ago after the Kanto specials were announced. It really makes me wonder if it'll just end the UB plot after 53 and not have it continue in the background with Lusamine slowly going crazy etc.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Well he was the chosen one by the Tapus since the beginning so it's all fair although all this happened due to his negligence as well lmao. I'm just a bit skeptical that so much people, myself included, were able to predict this arc happening nearly episode for episode months ago after the Kanto specials were announced. It really makes me wonder if it'll just end the UB plot after 53 and not have it continue in the background with Lusamine slowly going crazy etc.

Honestly, I don't see the point of the Aether arc going on beyond episode 53. I predict that Lusamine would be crazy due to Mother Beast, Solgaleo and everyone stop her and Nihilego, she unfuses, and then the end its all over. There's no purpose for her to slowly turn evil after SM053, since all the main stuff has been done. Also, with Nebby already a Solgaleo, I don't see them implementing the Necrozma and URS plot either, since we're way past that for it to happen as well.

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
So is it safe to say that, even if it may be temporary and not official, Ash finally got his hands on a Legendary lol

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
Honestly, I don't see the point of the Aether arc going on beyond episode 53. I predict that Lusamine would be crazy due to Mother Beast, Solgaleo and everyone stop her and Nihilego, she unfuses, and then the end its all over. There's no purpose for her to slowly turn evil after SM053, since all the main stuff has been done. Also, with Nebby already a Solgaleo, I don't see them implementing the Necrozma and URS plot either, since we're way past that for it to happen as well.

I mean they still could. You never know with the writers.

They could mix things up a bit and have Necrozma and URS appear somewhere later into the series, like somewhere in Episode 53 when the group are battling the UBs, a member of the URS could end up seeing them, bringing their attention.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Also, with Nebby already a Solgaleo, I don't see them implementing the Necrozma and URS plot either, since we're way past that for it to happen as well.

The anime doesn't follow the games story line (nor it needs to), so its entirely possible that Necrozma could appear later on as well and an arc around it would be happening as well.

For the Necrozma arc, all that is needed is Solgaleo and the URS. Both of which can be accomplished post 'Lusamine Rescue' arc.

By the way, if i am right (with my limited understanding of the language), in today's episode it was already hinted that there are a lot of places beyond the Ultra Wormhole.

It was when Gladion asked Burnet for a way to go into the Ultra Wormhole.
She said that it would be impossible immediately as the machine was broken, also even if it was repaired it wouldn't be possible to locate Lusamine as the Ultra Wormhole they open might not lead to the same one which Nihilego used before.

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer
The anime doesn't follow the games story line (nor it needs to), so its entirely possible that Necrozma could appear later on as well and an arc around it would be happening as well.

For the Necrozma arc, all that is needed is Solgaleo and the URS. Both of which can be accomplished post 'Lusamine Rescue' arc.

By the way, if i am right (with my limited understanding of the language), in today's episode it was already hinted that there are a lot of places beyond the Ultra Wormhole.

It was when Gladion asked Burnet for a way to go into the Ultra Wormhole.
She said that it would be impossible immediately as the machine was broken, also even if it was repaired it wouldn't be possible to locate Lusamine as the Ultra Wormhole they open might not lead to the same one which Nihilego used before.

Huh, that's interesting.

If that is the case, then if the writers wanted they could play around with that with the possible Necrozma/URS arc.

MissAngel

Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon
Regardless of how this arc is turning out, I am certainly going to enjoy seeing all the Tapus participating in the plot next week and not just cameos for Bulu and Fini.

Rajas

My initial guess could be they either do the Lusamine thing or even spend some time further into the series dealing with Lunala and then Necrozma. Maybe they even decide to make TD an actual threat? There are places to go with it but it's dependent on what the writers really wanna do tbh. I honestly would rather Lusamine remain good at this point and find someone else to do the evil. As much as I hate Faba, even his intentions are not purely evil, he's just misguided as fk.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's nice to see all of the Tapu guardians play an active role in the anime, even if it's just a small one (unlike in the games, where only Tapu Koko played a role during the main storyline). It seems not only does Cosmoem evolve into Solgaleo in this episode, but Ash also gets the Z-Power Ring and Solganium-Z. I assume the Tapu guardians upgrade his current Z-Ring to the Z-Power Ring and gift him the Solganium-Z.

Also, it seems today's episode was not the last we see of Totem Kommo-o, or at least of its allies. However, I do wonder if that scene of Professor Kukui getting ready to battle them is a flashback scene or actually happens in this episode. (And how will he battle them—with Pokémon, or is he going to take them on himself? :eek: )

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
It's nice to see all of the Tapu guardians play an active role in the anime, even if it's just a small one (unlike in the games, where only Tapu Koko played a role during the main storyline). It seems not only does Cosmoem evolve into Solgaleo in this episode, but Ash also gets the Z-Power Ring and Solganium-Z. I assume the Tapu guardians upgrade his current Z-Ring to the Z-Power Ring and gift him the Solganium-Z.

Also, it seems today's episode was not the last we see of Totem Kommo-o, or at least of its allies. However, I do wonder if that scene of Professor Kukui getting ready to battle them is a flashback scene or actually happens in this episode. (And how will he battle them—with Pokémon, or is he going to take them on himself? :eek: )

I heard (not confirmed) Kukui is pretty close with a masked battler, maybe he could call on this mysterious person's aid?

Status
Not open for further replies.