• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 3rd: SM146 - Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
'Departure' can also mean death. Maybe hinting at Nagandanel or Lillie's death?
No.
The Japanese is 旅立ち which is very specifically "embarking on a journey". And even aside from that... I know Sun & Moon has dealt with death before but they're not gonna end the series with one of the hero's closest friends dying.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
'Departure' can also mean death. Maybe hinting at Nagandanel or Lillie's death?
They're never gonna kill a main character. Ever.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I mean I’m shocked we even got Stoutland and even Mallow’s mother was included

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

They're never gonna kill a main character. Ever.
Ash has died how many times now? Lol you’d think this was Dragon Ball with how much death has been played around with in this series since DP

But yea, no one is going to die. Traveling wise, I do think Kiawe and Sophocles are going to travel together in a different region to participate in Gyms and spread Alolan culture or whatever. Lana is going to find her master again, Lillie is going to join Gladion in search of Mohn, and Mallow is going to keep on running the restaurant.

Honestly have no idea what Ash is going to do or even how they’ll transition this into Galar.

Remix2

Oh btw are we ever going to find out what the dem z crystal(pika z crystals) is all about, or if it just there to be a dem?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ash has died how many times now? Lol you’d think this was Dragon Ball with how much death has been played around with in this series since DP

Ash deaths: 6
Pikachu deaths: 2
Goku deaths: 2

Keep in mind, Dragon Ball has an readily available method for reviving the dead, and DB is supposed to be a much more dangerous universe than Pokemon.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
And so the end is near. SM, you have a lot of appreciation from me for the fact that you shook things up considerably from the norm with the school setting. But I won't feel too sad leaving you as the next series also appears ambitious and different from the norm. On that note:

It's finally coming to an end. Three years of absolute mediocrity. It might have been an utter waste for the most part, but I thank SM for highlighting exactly how a series can fail in almost every conceivable aspect.

Good riddance
Hopefully the next series will not be like XY(Z).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash deaths: 6
Pikachu deaths: 2
Goku deaths: 2

Keep in mind, Dragon Ball has an readily available method for reviving the dead, and DB is supposed to be a much more dangerous universe than Pokemon.
6? Ok, counting TWO DIFFERENT UNIVERSES we have:
"Tower of Terror"
M1
M20
Where are the other 3?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ash died:

M01 - Mewtwo Strikes Back
M08 - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
M09 - Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
M14 - Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom
M20 - I Choose You
EP023 - The Tower of Terror

Pikachu died:

M17 - Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash died:

M01 - Mewtwo Strikes Back
M08 - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
M09 - Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
M14 - Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom

M20 - I Choose You

Pikachu died:

M17 - Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction
ok, I'll give you M8, but I'm pretty sure he just almost died in these 2

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
It's the same pattern in each of those middle movies: someone dies, then the Mythical (Mew/Manaphy/Victini) use their powers to bring the deceased back to life. I'd argue if you say Mew revived everyone, Manaphy/Victini did so as well, it's just that drowning and freezing/suffocating is a much less visceral death than being devoured by myeloid cells.

Curiously, Shudo has gone on record saying that Ash didn't die in M01. But that's how everyone remembers it, and that experience is why he more explicitly died in M20. The stone-petrification death was also canonized by Yveltal in both M17 and "The Legend of XYZ" special, and so the effect was changed in M22 to not resemble stone-petrification.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
lmao Knew the Mohn plotline wouldn't get resolved. SM defense squad was so quick to jump to it's aid on the previous episode. What was even the point of bringing him up?

Hopefully Kiawe's leaving for Kanto. Bewear's farewell will be the only thing worth shedding a tear for
Goodbye and good riddance worst professor and Lana, I won't miss either of you

Status
Not open for further replies.