• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 3rd: SM146 - Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And so, it all comes to an end. I won't be sad, because this was to be expected. I'm gonna miss these nerds, but I'm always the kind of guy that's excited for things to come.

Sun and Moon was a rollercoaster of highs and lows, but I've always kept an open mind, which helped me stay positive even for the (relatively few) episodes I didn't enjoy. Then again, I'm one of the few that never reacted negatively back when it first came out.

Farewell, SM, bring on PM2019!

...As for the Mohn plot, why are people assuming it's dropped? Unresolved, yes, but there's always the possibility of a special episode. Don't those usually only get announced during the ending of the show?

It's not like the GS Ball, where they gave it Kurt and the show just pretended it didn't exist after some point.

Honestly, in retrospect, I think we might have interpreted the purpose of this arc incorrectly. When you think about it, Mohn was introduced in Poni, which was when the classmates started their "getting stronger" mini-arcs.

Lillie's character is heavily tied to the Aether Foundation and especially her family. So of course her arc would be tied to a member of the family.

The only real "wait, what about" thing I'm worried about is Magearna. Wonder what they'll do with that.

Red and Blue

And so, it all comes to an end. I won't be sad, because this was to be expected. I'm gonna miss these nerds, but I'm always the kind of guy that's excited for things to come.

Sun and Moon was a rollercoaster of highs and lows, but I've always kept an open mind, which helped me stay positive even for the (relatively few) episodes I didn't enjoy. Then again, I'm one of the few that never reacted negatively back when it first came out.

Farewell, SM, bring on PM2019!

...As for the Mohn plot, why are people assuming it's dropped? Unresolved, yes, but there's always the possibility of a special episode. Don't those usually only get announced during the ending of the show?

It's not like the GS Ball, where they gave it Kurt and the show just pretended it didn't exist after some point.

Honestly, in retrospect, I think we might have interpreted the purpose of this arc incorrectly. When you think about it, Mohn was introduced in Poni, which was when the classmates started their "getting stronger" mini-arcs.

Lillie's character is heavily tied to the Aether Foundation and especially her family. So of course her arc would be tied to a member of the family.

The only real "wait, what about" thing I'm worried about is Magearna. Wonder what they'll do with that.
Magearna should have activated in episode 127. That way Lillie had two Pokemon for the league and she may have stood a better chance against her brother

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Magearna should have activated in episode 127. That way Lillie had two Pokemon for the league and she may have stood a better chance against her brother
Worse. The Ice Stone melting in her pocket could have easily helped her stand a better chance, but nooooooooo, she went into the league with a baby. She was very lucky she survived the "Battle Royal."

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Ash didn't bring up the Thunderstone he got in Electric Shock Showdown for...like 300 episodes? By that measure, we can expect Lillie to evolve Vulpix sometime between now and 2028.
First of all how did the Thunder Stone was kept over like two backpack changes?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Keeping that Thunder Stone around means Ash is always considering evolving Pikachu. I'm pretty sure he got rid of it in the same episode he was given one.
I'm pretty sure Team Rocket stole in that one Pikachu vs Raichu episode in Sinnoh.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Keeping that Thunder Stone around means Ash is always considering evolving Pikachu. I'm pretty sure he got rid of it in the same episode he was given one.

I'm pretty sure Team Rocket stole in that one Pikachu vs Raichu episode in Sinnoh.

Yes, yes they did. But he did have it around from all the way back in Kanto until that moment, and he could easily acquire another one anywhere.

Noy

Given what I've seen of writing for the Pokemon series, it would not surprise me if the Mohn and Magearna plots are a side story for the next arc. It's likely the following could play out: Magearna wakes up by this episode or sooner, and joins Lillie and Gladion to look for Mohn. To which they start by joining Ash as they visit Kanto. Of course, after the Kanto introduction they split up to search for clues; and Ash being the flake he is, gets distracted by GO and spends most his time battling instead. Eventually, after meeting up with Gladion and Lillie a few times (and possibly visit multiple regions), they locate Mohn; much hugs, tears, and rejoicing. By the end of said episode they do a big reveal, regarding Magearna. Though, said plot gets resolved as part of the movie coming out at that time. So the following episode has only Ash and GO, doing their thing as if the movie never happened.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I’m really hoping all of the classmates feel inspired to travel on their own. I definitely see Lillie and Kiawe wanting to, but I have my worries about Mallow.

OniCornwalis

This series has been what I’d like to call a good meme. Some episodes have been some of the best in the show, while others have been some of the worst (coughcough a lot of the Alola League, episode 95, episode 24, episodes 89 and 90, and episode 102 coughcough).

Honestly, the first two seasons of the series were really good, and I consider season one to be the best season in the show. It fell apart some in season three though due to poor pacing, which could’ve been fixed if they cut out most of the filler and organized the development of the characters and plot points better.

On a lighter note, some of my highlights have to be Team Rocket actually being at their most entertaining since the Original Series, the Litten Arc, the Poni Island Arc minus episode 109, the Guzzlord mini-arc, the shorts starring Sandy and his capture episode, Torracat’s evolution episode, episodes 125 and 126, episode 48, episode 70, the baseball episode, Lycanroc’s capture episode, the Akala Island arc, episode 43 and the characters of Kiawe and Kukui. I hope that the staff takes what worked in this series and implement them into the upcoming series.

Also, for all of you guys who are saying that this show was trash and had no redeeming qualities, go watch an anime that’s actually terrible like Mars of Destruction, Wounded Man and Boku no Pico. THOSE are terrible shows. Sun and Moon, for all its faults, is nowhere near that kind of trash.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This series has been what I’d like to call a good meme. Some episodes have been some of the best in the show, while others have been some of the worst (coughcough a lot of the Alola League, episode 95, episode 24, episodes 89 and 90, and episode 102 coughcough).

Honestly, the first two seasons of the series were really good, and I consider season one to be the best season in the show. It fell apart some in season three though due to poor pacing, which could’ve been fixed if they cut out most of the filler and organized the development of the characters and plot points better.

On a lighter note, some of my highlights have to be Team Rocket actually being at their most entertaining since the Original Series, the Litten Arc, the Poni Island Arc minus episode 109, the Guzzlord mini-arc, the shorts starring Sandy and his capture episode, Torracat’s evolution episode, episodes 125 and 126, episode 48, episode 70, the baseball episode, Lycanroc’s capture episode, the Akala Island arc, episode 43 and the characters of Kiawe and Kukui. I hope that the staff takes what worked in this series and implement them into the upcoming series.

Also, for all of you guys who are saying that this show was trash and had no redeeming qualities, go watch an anime that’s actually terrible like Mars of Destruction, Wounded Man and Boku no Pico. THOSE are terrible shows. Sun and Moon, for all its faults, is nowhere near that kind of trash.
While I agree with what you're saying, why are 89 and 90 among the worst episodes? The Necrozma arc was underwhelming for its lack of a proper climax, but the episodes themselves weren't really bad

OniCornwalis

While I agree with what you're saying, why are 89 and 90 among the worst episodes? The Necrozma arc was underwhelming for its lack of a proper climax, but the episodes themselves weren't really bad
It just felt like wasted potential. The Matori Matrix could’ve gone through the portal, and Ash’s Poipole would’ve defended his home from them and evolved there. It would’ve made both his release and his return more believable. Basically it wasn’t entertaining, and I look for entertainment in a show above all else. Even if elements in a show are bad, I can still enjoy the show if I find it fun to watch.

I said it failed on almost every conceivable aspect, not all

Status
Not open for further replies.