• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 4th: PM2019 131 - The Finals III: Strongest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's the Masters Tournament Finals against Dande. All of Satoshi's Pokémon are pretty battered now... but Dande chuckles as he sees Satoshi and his Pokémon still face him without any sign of hesitation. It's the Strongest of Them All VS the Strongest Challenger: How will this battle that will decide who truly is the strongest end, now that it starts growing more and more brutal and intense as the two respond to each others' moves?!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

Kazuniya

how cute~
But who lol? My bets are on Leon
No clue.

Leon winning feels like the more logical outcome (he has experience + power). However, Leon winning yet again would be annoying because he's been dominating all this time. A loss would feel like a more enjoyable outcome, and a nice "twist" in the story.

At the same time, the very idea of Ash winning against Leon seems so silly and hard to accept, and I don't think some people would be satisfied much? I dunno. I think this is a lose-lose scenario, no matter what the writers decide, there will be complaints.

raisus_77

At this point, with 3 full episodes of battle, Ash is definitely completely cornering Leon and either defeating him or getting Charizard almost defeated. In any case, it will definitely prove he's at the same level than the strongest trainer of the world.

Rohanator

I'm perfectly fine with 3 eps as long as they look good, the Kukui match had kinda unique circumstances since the battle had essentially two final matchups (Torracat VS Incineroar and Pikachu VS Koko) and the first ep was slow paced anyway, for most battles 4 eps would probably start to drag and of course 3 well animated episodes might already be asking a lot from the current staff lineup.

Not sure how I feel about Iwane potentially ending it all though, like obviously I love him but his biggest strength is consistency, would prefer a more "special" looking climax like VS Kukui had. If it's him then hopefully some freelancers will spice up the first and middle episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.