• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 5th: PM2019 086 - Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say they're more inconsistent. Pokemon like J's Salamence and Cynthia's Garchomp live up to the hype, but we've also had flops like Alain's pathetic duo, Ash's Goodra, and Sawyer's Salamence.
don't forget Silver's Salamence, it was a beast

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'll give Gigantamax this

The majority of G-Max forms have infinitely better designs than most Megas lol
Personally, I disagree. I'd take Gengar's mega over the Gmax.

LucasMV

You know the more I think about this the more it's funny how little the writers care about Gen 8 stuff when the big cool gimmick from it is defeated by the old obselete gimmick two Gens ago that you can't even use in the games currently
If you ask me, Mega evolution is the coolest and most believable gimmick of them all, so far.
Z moves are ok, but not nearly as cool looking. And Dynamax is just lazy in comparison.

I do like Gigantamax though. If they would've only made Gigantamax forms for every pokemon that has the gimmick, and nothing for the rest (like with the Megas) then I'd like the concept better. But D-max is literally just making the pokemon go big. I find that not very imaginative or appealing at all.

And I think it's totally fine for a Mega to defeat a G-Max. While G-Max has more endurance and a boost to the attacks, Mega evolution is an overall power up. If anything I'm glad they dropped the initial narrative where D-Maxed pokemon seemed oblivious to non D-Maxed pokemon's attacks.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Personally, I disagree. I'd take Gengar's mega over the Gmax.
Imo the only two g Max’s form that are good is charzard and Grimmsnarl.

Speaking of which man I so want a mega evolution form of Grimmsnarl now.
Each to their own I guess

Don't get wrong there are definitely some good ones here (Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Mega Banette for instance)

mega-charizard-pokemon-go-1.jpg

I just personality feel that a lot of Megas feel WAY too overtly designed like lots of unnecessary elements like extra spikes of stuff everywhere (looking at you Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, and Sharpedo)
I feel like I might physically cut myself on some of those edges lol

Compared to something more simple yet eye catching like G-Max Cinderace, G-Max Orebeetle, or G-Max Grimmsnarl. Not too much was changed but they still look awesome imo

Not to say that there aren't G-Maxs that I think look Meh too (Cooperjah's trunk is too big, Corviknight's is so boring, Appletun and Flapple was just lazy, and Duraludon just looks derpy imo....)

Also unlike Megas, G-Max was at least given to the Pokémon of their own Generation.

The Kalos Mons can't say that (besides Diancie) :p

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer

Don't get wrong there are definitely some good ones here (Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Mega Banette for instance)

I just personality feel that a lot of Megas feel WAY too overtly designed like lots of unnecessary elements like extra spikes of stuff everywhere (looking at you Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, and Sharpedo)

Compared to something more simple yet eye catching like G-Max Cinderace, G-Max Orebeetle, or G-Max Grimmsnarl. Not too much was changed but they still look awesome imo

Not to say that there aren't G-Maxs that I think look Meh too (Cooperjah's trunk is too big, Corviknight's is so boring, Appletun and Flapple was just lazy, and Duraludon just looks derpy imo....)

Also unlike Megas, G-Max was at least given to the Pokémon of their own Generation.

I'm just realizing how stupid Sharpedo and Camerupt look in their Mega forms. Mega Sharpedo be looking like a knockoff Pinocchio.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Eh, the pseudos aren't that impressive in the anime, just Dragonite

“pseudo-legendary” is just a fan term that doesn’t mean anything outside of fan terminology anyway. I feel like fans put way too much weight into this stuff. Bangiras/Tyranitar always got used as the designated “bad guy” Pokemon for regular episodes back in the day and was stomped usually iirc.

Kairyu was just the only “real” dragon for two generations but other than that the writers never really portray or denote “pseudo” as anything other than regular Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
“pseudo-legendary” is just a fan term that doesn’t mean anything outside of fan terminology anyway. I feel like fans put way too much weight into this stuff. Bangiras/Tyranitar always got used as the designated “bad guy” Pokemon for regular episodes back in the day and was stomped usually iirc.

Kairyu was just the only “real” dragon for two generations but other than that the writers never really portray or denote “pseudo” as anything other than regular Pokémon.
well maybe except rarity.

Megapixel

well maybe except rarity.
I agree, at least in the anime they are Considerably "rare", even the dragonite island within the anime was believed to be just a legend and nothing real, until they discovered its existence

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Illusio

No words, only rage

This 100%, some Megas are really good, but others feels like they slapped on some spikes and called it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.