• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 5th: PM2019 086 - Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I suppose they’re japanese
I mean I think most people on this forum watch the show in Japanese?

But I DO have a Japanese grandfather so I’d be like a quarter Japanese if that’s any consolation? :p
wait h o l d up what are those names i don’t know the Japanese names

@Dephender we need to go ahead and create and sticky a naming/translation thread. : S

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I mean I think most people on this forum watch the show in Japanese?

But I DO have a Japanese grandfather so I’d be like a quarter Japanese if that’s any consolation? :p

@Dephender we need to go ahead and create and sticky a naming/translation thread. : S
I watch the show in Japanese, but seeing people use the Japanese Pokémon names confuses me.

But, I just need an exact near copy conceptually of Mega Shilldog enraged/out-of-control for the umpteenth time for these episodes to feel enjoyable and valid :v
Oh wow, can't believe people are asking for good writing to make the episode feel enjoyable and valid!

Not to even mention that was never even the argument, but when people continuously strawman this hard, is there really even a point in mentioning that repeatedly for the umpteenth time?

On a personal sense, it's fine if people don't care or think the Lucario/ME plot point doesn't need much fleshing out as it's been made pretty clear that people value/want different things out of the anime, but I'd hope if people are to mock certain takes, the least they could do is actually understand the opinion to accurately make fun of it.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Oh wow, can't believe people are asking for good writing to make the episode feel enjoyable and valid!

Not to even mention that was never even the argument, but when people continuously strawman this hard, is there really even a point in mentioning that repeatedly for the umpteenth time?
I mean. I do understand why people would want ANY level of screentime training wise for these Pokémon’s feats to feel more genuine and less BS. I just feel like another Mega Lucario arc. would just be kind meh? It’s already over showcased as a species and Corni’s arc. in XY was really, really good but already pushed the ideology of its lore (losing control due to an influx of aura) to its peak.

PM is sticking very closely to the games lore wise, we essentially would get a repeat of that concept (just with arguably worse writing/pacing since Corni got five whole episodes for that and more screentime in a month than Satoshi’s Lucario has this whole series)

Plus I do feel like conceptually Kyodaimax with Gengar would be far more fresher or interesting as a story to watch so I kind of don’t mind them forgoing another Mega Lucario storyline since the “Mega Evolution vs. Kyodaimax” build up seems more fun and hype as an endpoint of Satoshi getting a Keystone/Lucarionite [which helps build hype for these episodes even if you don’t, say, care for Saito as a character or rival.]

I mean. I do understand why people would want ANY level of screentime training wise for these Pokémon’s feats to feel more genuine and less BS. I just feel like another Mega Lucario arc. would just be kind meh? It’s already over showcased as a species and Corni’s arc. in XY was really, really good but already pushed the ideology of its lore (losing control due to an influx of aura) to its peak.
I've never subscribed to the " shillmon = bad " theory of Pokemon and even then, Ash's Lucario is non-existent in the anime and has barely had screentime, much less development. I've always been a proponent of more screentime and more development is good, when handled well of course.

Korrina's arc is Korrina's arc with her Lucario. This is Ash with his Lucario. The only thing those two ostensibly share are the same species of Pokemon and Mega Evolution. There are so many opportunities for them to take Ash and Lucario's storyline in a different place that is in tune with the both of them. No one really wants a retread of the Korrina arc because it easily might not make sense for the two of them and their relationship.
PM is sticking very closely to the games lore wise, we essentially would get a repeat of that concept (just with arguably worse writing/pacing since Corni got five whole episodes for that and more screentime in a month than Satoshi’s has this whole series).
Not really relevant, but I haven't played the games in eons. Last time I played a mainline Pokemon game would have to be Emerald on an emulator in either middle school or high school.

The whole " sticking closely to the games " is really just an excuse for weak writing in my eyes. The anime has always regularly developed game plot points that lacked depth or even added entirely new plot points that didn't exist before.
Plus I do feel like conceptually Kyodaimax with Gengar would be far more fresher or interesting as a story to watch so I kind of don’t mind them forgoing another Mega Lucario storyline since the “Mega Evolution vs. Kyodaimax” build up seems more fun and hype as an endpoint of Satoshi getting a Keystone/Lucarionite [which helps build hype for these episodes even if you don’t, say, care for Saito as a character or rival.]
That's your perogative I guess, I personally really dislike Kyodaimax as a concept, so not much really here to dispute besides saying the anime should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, especially for Lucario I feel because of what was done prior with him as a Riolu

UnovaMaster

No thanks. with Ash focussed episodes, battles are more likely. With Goh, there have been lot of fillers unless thèy go for trial missions. I rather prefer ash as old interesting character will appear for him like Iris, Volkner, Cynthia, Lance, Dawn,

It's funny how the anime doing something new = fillers but the anime repeating everything it did before = non fillers

What a cute little brain malfunction

STICKTOPIA

After ash bears Bea what will he get to 30s to 40s or 50
That depends on Bea’s rank because whatever rank she is, and ash beats her, Ash would be higher than her.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
It's funny how the anime doing something new = fillers but the anime repeating everything it did before = non fillers

What a cute little brain malfunction
It's funny the length you go to in justifying the existence of wasted/irrelevant screentime and content that does nothing useful, to the point you need to bring up a completely extraneous strawman followed by ad hominems at people who disagree with you.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'm pretty sure the previous episode will involve Ash and Bea's Pokemon that are not Machamp and Lucario. Surely Bea will have the octopus (I can't remember the name) and Ash will have Sirfetch'd. No idea which other Pokemon Ash could use, but remembering the episode at Oak's Lab, it would be fitting to fight Fighting with Fighting and bring back Infernape.

Then, this episode will focus in the main battle: Gigantamax Machamp VS Mega Lucario. Ash has a little advantage here, because Gigantamax form last only three turns, while Mega Evolution lasts until theend of the battle.

ShadowForce720

I'm pretty sure the previous episode will involve Ash and Bea's Pokemon that are not Machamp and Lucario. Surely Bea will have the octopus (I can't remember the name) and Ash will have Sirfetch'd. No idea which other Pokemon Ash could use, but remembering the episode at Oak's Lab, it would be fitting to fight Fighting with Fighting and bring back Infernape.

Then, this episode will focus in the main battle: Gigantamax Machamp VS Mega Lucario. Ash has a little advantage here, because Gigantamax form last only three turns, while Mega Evolution lasts until theend of the battle.
First off in regards to the Octopus Pokémon that you can’t remember the name of it’s called Grapploct.

Also it’s already been confined through the preview of upcoming episodes that Ash’s is going to be using Pikachu against Bea.

So the three Pokémon Ash is using for this battle are Lucario/Mega Lucario(Confirmed), Pikachu(Confirmed), Sirfetch’d(Likely but not confirmed)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Lucario needs to be the one that takes Grapploct out though, otherwise this rivalry really isn't worth investing in.
Hope Pikachu is the fall guy cause Sirfetch could use some revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.