• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 5th: PM2019 086 - Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanator

Reminds me a bit of Wulfric when he had a unbreakable strategy with Avalug and hail/ice body that swept Ash but in the rematch it was basically a non factor as Avalug didn't have the hail set up so he was taken care of quickly and Wulfric used Mega Abomasnow instead which Ash also beat pretty easily with mastered A Greninja . I always found that kinda disappointing tbh
Isn't this the opposite of that though? With Wulfric/Urup Satoshi didn't get to overcome the issue he faced last time (obviously the intention though was that it doesn't matter cause Mega Evolution is a way bigger challenge but that's besides the point and yea I agree I was low-key disappointed back then as well), while here it's pretty safe to assume that he'll beat Grapploct at its best and then Saito reveals an even bigger threat meaning his win would be as impressive as we initially expected and then some.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Isn't this the opposite of that though? With Wulfric/Urup Satoshi didn't get to overcome the issue he faced last time (obviously the intention though was that it doesn't matter cause Mega Evolution is a way bigger challenge but that's besides the point and yea I agree I was low-key disappointed back then as well), while here it's pretty safe to assume that he'll beat Grapploct at its best and then Saito reveals an even bigger threat meaning his win would be as impressive as we initially expected and then some.
I guess that's true. It's just Ash never had his desicive victory against Grapplock so I just expected a showdown with Lucario, especially when Korrina's Mega Lucario had lost to it (OK I guess they didn't show Grapploct there but I assumed that was the implication) so that's more motivation for it being the title match

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The fact it's a two-parter suggests that Grapploct will get its focus in the first ep, then Machamp in the second.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Basically, Lucario sweeps more than half the team again.
If Lucario defeats Grapploct and Machamp then somebody's definitely taking the Fall Guy position. (And it better not be Gengar :mad:)

I'm guessing it'll be something like this

Hawlucha VS Fall Guy (Fall guy is Fall guy)
Hawlucha VS Pikachu (Pikachu Wins)
Pikachu VS Grapploct (Grapploct Wins)
Grapploct VS Lucario (Lucario Wins)
G-Max Machamp VS Mega Lucario (Lucario Wins)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If Lucario defeats Grapploct and Machamp then somebody's definitely taking the Fall Guy position. (And it better not be Gengar :mad:)

Eh might be Pikachu instead. And the third mon’s likely Sirfetch’d lul.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Pikachu should'nt have been here in first place, if i was writing these episodes:
Hawlucha vs Sirfetchd sirfetched wins
Sirfetchd recalled
Grappaloct Vs Dragonite Grappaloct wins
Grappaloct Vs Sirfetchd :Match draw
Machamp Vs Lucario: Both fight for some time and then bea uses gmax and ash uses Mega
Match ends in draw with rankings uneffective. Ash will face bea again right before entering Masters 8

I agree Pikachu shouldn't be here... Though I prefer Dracovish...

Draw should never happen again... Bea storyline should end here so that the story can move on with another rival, perhaps Raihan or another character...

ShadowForce720

Honestly there is a good chance that Pikachu winds up taking the fall here. Sure Pikachu usually gets some wins but since it did good and stared in the first Hyper Class battle and there are still more Hyper Class and Master Class battles for it to get a win in it wouldn’t be that surprised if this is one of the few times where Pikachu takes the fall.

So basically if I had to guess the match ups it will probably be either of these two scenarios:

Sirfetch’d vs Hawlucha - Sirfetch’d
Sirfetch’d vs Grapploct - Grapploct
Lucario vs Grapploct - Lucario and recalled
Pikachu vs Machamp - Machamp
Mega Lucario vs G-Max Machamp - Mega Lucario

or

Sirfetch’d vs Hawlucha - Sirfetch’d and recalled
Lucario vs Grapploct - Lucario and recalled
Sirfetch’d vs Machamp - Machamp
Pikachu vs Machamp - Machamp

Obviously if the Hawlucha isn’t Bea’s 3rd mon in this match then just replace it in the match up later with whatever her 3rd mon actually is.

Although I guess here is a 3rd possible scenario:

Sirfetch’d vs Hawlucha - Sirfetch’d stays in or is recalled
Sirfetch’d/Pikachu vs Grapploct - Grapploct
Pikachu/Sirfetch’d vs Grapploct - Grapploct
Lucario vs Grapploct - Lucario

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I really hope Dragonite isn't the fall guy here. I know the anime's inconsistent with power scaling, but it'd be ridiculous for a 'mon that beat a champion's ace to be downed by a Gym Leader. Honestly, I believe that 'mon has a track record that's too good and consistent to be defeated by anyone except the Elite Four or a Champion.
Maybe Hugganite had a bad day.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Still not an Ash episode though, given it was far more focused on the girl

Only thing Ash-related in that episode was him whining about eating food at night

Which, if that's the Ash you want, more power to you

But it's not an Ash episode
Can you read? I said it was an episode that has Ash in the narrative since it reintroduces Cynthia his rival and builds up to their battle. I specifically made sure to not call the cake and Cynthia episode Ash episodes but rather episodes in which Ash was in the narrative followed by 3 consecutive episodes focusing on Ash.

ShadowForce720

I wouldnt take Iris's champion status that seriously honestly. Besides we dont know if haxorus was her ace. Arguable angrynite might be stronger. We dont know how recently axew evolved. Lot of ifs and buts.
She literally said that Haxorus had become her strongest partner, that would suggest that Haxorus did indeed become her ace and is her strongest Pokémon.

AJ97

I really hope Dragonite isn't the fall guy here. I know the anime's inconsistent with power scaling, but it'd be ridiculous for a 'mon that beat a champion's ace to be downed by a Gym Leader. Honestly, I believe that 'mon has a track record that's too good and consistent to be defeated by anyone except the Elite Four or a Champion.
Considering how the PWC is structured, Bea could be Elite Four/ Regional Champion tier irrespective of whether she's a gym leader or not.
Considering the fact that Volkner was 27th, that definitely would put him at Elite Four-tier considering the fact that there are potentially 23 Elite four Members who could take part in the PWC.

Assuming Bea's rank is probably going to be even better than Volkner, safe to say that she's Elite Four Tier/ (Old Series) Regional Champion Tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.