• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 5th: PM2019 086 - Mega Evolution VS Kyodaimax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash’s inconsistently in battle throughout every series (except in DP) bothers me. Often when he loses he deserves it because he made dumb mistakes (cough Cameron and Alain)

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Ash’s inconsistently in battle throughout every series (except in DP) bothers me. Often when he loses he deserves it because he made dumb mistakes (cough Cameron and Alain)
If the mistake was not using reserves then 100% agreed there. If that's not it, then you can't blame Ash for losing to a guy whose Ace had way more experience than any of his Kalosmons. Maybe the mistake I could say he had was using the inexperienced Noivern and Goodra who failed to pull their weight

I have literally no idea what " dumb mistakes " you're talking about with the Alain battle. Ash made use of multiple strategies in that battle. It really seems like you've taken the outcome of the battle and retrofitted it for some really whacky claims.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I honestly think Pikachu would take down the octopus and not Lucario
It seems for the writer it isnt really a loose end since Riolu did still tie with it so technically it defeated it
I can see everyone getting one win each tbh

Martinat388

He did the thing!
I honestly think Pikachu would take down the octopus and not Lucario
It seems for the writer it isnt really a loose end since Riolu did still tie with it so technically it defeated it
I can see everyone getting one win each tbh
Tbh, this is one of the few cases where I'd accept a fall guy. While that's one way to put it, Lucario not being able to win without tieing would make the rivalry pointless. If they had another battle before that I'd be fine with that, but they didn't. Sorry Pikachu, you've gotta lose here.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Tbh, this is one of the few cases where I'd accept a fall guy. While that's one way to put it, Lucario not being able to win without tieing would make the rivalry pointless. If they had another battle before that I'd be fine with that, but they didn't. Sorry Pikachu, you've gotta lose here.
Honestly I think people are overhyping Lucario and Grappoloct's rivalry in general. Their battle was about overcoming Octolock, which Riolu DID in their last battle before passing out itself due to its lack of endurance since it was a basic stage mon. They even shared sweets and made peace in that episode! Lucario's 'rivalry' is tied with Ash's rivalry with Bea in general, it wants to prove itself strong and capable and considering riolu has bonded most with Ash in this series it signifies its strength and bond as it overcomes Bea
There arent any loose threads to tie with Grappoloct honestly I feel like

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Honestly I think people are overhyping Lucario and Grappoloct's rivalry in general. Their battle was about overcoming Octolock, which Riolu DID in their last battle before passing out itself due to its lack of endurance since it was a basic stage mon. They even shared sweets and made peace in that episode! Lucario's 'rivalry' is tied with Ash's rivalry with Bea in general, it wants to prove itself strong and capable and considering riolu has bonded most with Ash in this series it signifies its strength and bond as it overcomes Bea
There arent any loose threads to tie with Grappoloct honestly I feel like
I agree with that it's overhyped, but it makes me feel like the rivalry between Ash and Bea would be pointless.

Also, doesn't Grapploct have limber?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
We had a depression arc (or whatever you want to call it) because Riolu couldn't Octolock. Notice how they completely ignored Farfetch'd getting annihilated by Hawlucha and didn't give a Tauros when Pikachu got clobbered by Octolock?
As you said, Riolu and Octolock was the major focus here and Ash overcame it in the next episode
Pikachu and Kamon are both getting their revenge in this battle, so I dont see the issue?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
We had a depression arc (or whatever you want to call it) because Riolu couldn't Octolock. Notice how they completely ignored Farfetch'd getting annihilated by Hawlucha and didn't give a Tauros when Pikachu got clobbered by Octolock?
Like @AuraChannelerChris said that whole depression gag was really all on ash. Rioulu didn’t look like it cared about it in the slightest in that ep. So i don’t see anything personal between them.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Why is Ash and Bea's rivalry pointless? It was never tied to the Octopus alone and ME clashing with Gigantamax would be a great way to end it off
It started because Riolu was defeated by Grapploct, and wanted revenge. Even if it was a tie the 2nd time around, it just doesn't have the same feel as a win. It wouldn't be pointless, but it'd honestly hurt it for me.

Definitely agree about Mega Evolution vs Gigantamax being a great way to end it, though.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
It started because Riolu was defeated by Grapploct, and wanted revenge. Even if it was a tie the 2nd time around, it just doesn't have the same feel as a win. It wouldn't be pointless, but it'd honestly hurt it for me.

Definitely agree about Mega Evolution vs Gigantamax being a great way to end it, though.
It started coz they are both having the same goal and Ash was smashed by her, not to mention the Octolock strategy messed with him and his PWC rankings in general. Ash overcame the Octolock strategy pertaining to Riolu and now is set to win against Bea finally with Riolu at its full potential while avenging Korrina, I don't really think if Grappoloct isn't taken out by Lucario that it becomes pointless tbh

Martinat388

He did the thing!
It started coz they are both having the same goal and Ash was smashed by her, not to mention the Octolock strategy messed with him and his PWC rankings in general. Ash overcame the Octolock strategy pertaining to Riolu and now is set to win against Bea finally with Riolu at its full potential while avenging Korrina, I don't really think if Grappoloct isn't taken out by Lucario that it becomes pointless tbh
But the thing is, Pikachu didn't care about being defeated by Grapploct. It shouldn't have even been in the fight to begin with, here it's fine, but it should've been Farfetch'd and Riolu in the rematch tbh, Farfetch'd really needed a win.

That said however, I think we should drop this argument before it gets too heated.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I keep on overhyping myself, but this episode genuinely has the potential to be the best animated episode of the series based on the level of effort that will be going into it!
Allegedly. All we got for now are two shots of a giant which is really just getting a close-up shot of tossing a punch (on a foe that already is smaller to it) and a big void Aura Sphere that only looks big without more effects for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.