• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 6: Pocket Monsters XY Special - The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act II~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Steven's profile on the official site clearly mentions that Steven's Metagross is Shiny. The only question is who owns the normal Metagross.

On a side note, I've got really mixed feelings about this special. I don't quite like the fact that Lysandre appears in Hoenn. I mean... it doesn't make sense, why would he? I hoped that Lysandre's plot would be pushed into the main anime. I'm afraid that the anime will just turn him into a villainous Megaevo-obsessed freak without any relation to Team Flare whatsoever. And we'll probably never see him again outside this special.

Also, I wonder what the setting for the special is. Is it, by any chance, the location behind the dark clouds on the Hoenn map? Or is it just some random anime-only location? Or is it perhaps Sky Pillar? (if it is, then I hope it doesn't look like this in the game. It's supposed to be damaged but not completely ruined)

I'm also not sure if giving Steven a Shiny Metagross is a good idea. It's such a blatant event ad that it hurts. It also makes things overly flashy - I'd prefer Steven to own a normal Metagross, as he does in the games. But again, this is just an anime-only thing, so I don't care all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janovy

Banned
On a side note, I've got really mixed feelings about this special. I don't quite like the fact that Lysandre appears in Hoenn. I mean... it doesn't make sense, why would he? I was hoping that Lysandre's plot would be pushed into the main anime. I'm afraid that the anime will just turn him into a villainous Megaevo-obsessed freak without any relation to Team Flare whatsoever and never show him again outside this special.
I wouldn't worry about that.

Act I established that these specials and the main anime are in a shared universe, meaning Lysandre exists in XY anime too even if he didn't officially appear there yet. Additionally, the anime is known for modifying some plot elements of the games to suit their needs - they always introduce something original that didn't happen in the games so it would be no shocker if they choose to do the same here too.

In the games Lysandre himself said that he was researching Mega Evolution (although that was a short scene and he had barely any ties to the Mega Evolution) so this could perhaps be an explanation on that before he debuts as the villain. The reason he is appearing in Hoenn is most likely because of the monoliths mentioned in the summary and the fact that Rayquaza seems to hold some kind of secret to Mega Evolution.

Plus, we know that in the games Lysandre requires the legendaries to power up the weapon. Who's to say writers won't modify that and have Lysandre use the energy of the Mega Evolution to power up the weapon? Act I hinted at Lysandre measuring the power/energy of mega evolution (noticable during Alan's battle with Siebold which depicted some sort of data recording) so maybe they could go for that. It would be a lot more realistic then Team Flare somehow capturing Xerneas/Yveltal and using them for the weapon.

Basically, I think these specials are a prelude for Lysandre's appearance in XY anime along with Team Flare.

Alan and Ash and destined to meet somewhere down the road and Alan seems to be in connection to Lysandre.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
捷克羅姆 from BMGF has translated a new summary about the special.

The stage of the adventure moves from the Kalos region to the Hoenn region!

In order to become the master of Mega Evolution, Alain continues in his journey to reach the pinnacle of the strongest.
What awaited him in Hoenn was a new Mega Evolved Pokemon and the Hoenn Region Champion Daigo, to whom he fought in a fierce Mega Evolution Battle. While they are fighting, a mysterious man who suddenly appeared.
Then, the legendary boulders sleeping in Hoenn region and the mystery of all these keys matching Mega Evolution has been uncovered. Its roots touch on to the Legendary Pokemon of the distant sky Rayquaza, who suddenly appeared.
The fierce battle that will shake Hoenn is about to unfold.

phanpycross

God-king
One word:

EPIC.

Janovy

Banned
How is that summary new?

We already know all of that. ._.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Janovy

Banned

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I thought that was referring to the monoliths.

They were also referred to as dormant.
I honestly have no idea tbh. Though it would be cool seeing Brandon again but alas that's wishful thinking.

playerking

How is that summary new?

We already know all of that. ._.

Well, updated summary.

It mentions a connection between Mega Evolution and Rayquaza and Alain continuing his journey to become the strongest. Plus, the last sentence seems new, even if it is just a line to advertise the special.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
That summary is two weeks old, Playerking.

Added the one we had to the first post.

Also, cleaned up the thread and deleted a ton of posts from the last couple days. Reminder that we have rules against both posting Google Translations and "informing" other people about news based on said Google Translating.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
eh i had a feeling that shiny metagross might be steven's, instead of the usual pokemon haiku by oak, when i try to watch it live today there was a report regarding metagross-

the ending was showing a pic of steven with his shiny metagross

playerking

That summary is two weeks old, Playerking.

Added the one we had to the first post.

Also, cleaned up the thread and deleted a ton of posts from the last couple days. Reminder that we have rules against both posting Google Translations and "informing" other people about news based on said Google Translating.

Uh, I know dephender.

A friend translated a summary that I recently found on 2ch and his translation seems to add a couple of new bits of information. There was a link of yours that was obscured by the other posts. The only other summary I found of the special was from some person on here and they didn't post the whole summary. That's why I added the bits that the person didn't add.

Last edited:

Rare_Candy

How's that ? Owned suckah !
I still don't understand.
Are these two Mega Metagross Steven's Pokemon ? For the shiny one, I'm pretty sure it's his, but it seems like the normal one belong to somebody else.
Also, I wanted a chibi Lysandre to appear since he was the one introducing this preview but it seems like the writers don’t want to show him before his first real appearance in Act 2.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I still don't understand.
Are these two Mega Metagross Steven's Pokemon ? For the shiny one, I'm pretty sure it's his, but it seems like the normal one belong to somebody else.

you're not the only one who's confused, i myself feel the same - seeing that metagross at the end of today's episode makes me think that both metagross seem to be daigo/steven's

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
you're not the only one who's confused, i myself feel the same - seeing that metagross at the end of today's episode makes me think that both metagross seem to be daigo/steven's

It makes it look like both are Steven's. But I dont know how this all ties together in the episode. Charizard is shown battling Swampert and Sceptile at some stage, whether its an intro battle or part of the story, but does Sceptile switch from battling Charizard to Metagross halfway through the battle then Steven enters?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Still looking forward to whatever Lysandre is up to. Hopefully it ties into Team Flare's schemes from the games somehow and isn't just an anime-exclusive plan on Lysandre's part.

XXD17

Draco rex
Did everyone else see the pokemon silhouettes at the beginning of the new trailer when introducing megagross? There were ralts, latias, groudon, kyogre, RAYQUAZA, mudkip, treecko, torchic, sableye, slowpoke, audino, bagon and beldum...not sure if these mean anything, but...you know ;)

Also, WHY did they have to show sceptile basically losing to that monstrosity?!!!!? Why couldn't it be blaziken or something?! Yes, I'm salty...

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did everyone else see the pokemon silhouettes at the beginning of the new trailer when introducing megagross? There were ralts, latias, groudon, kyogre, RAYQUAZA, mudkip, treecko, torchic, sableye, slowpoke, audino, bagon and beldum...not sure if these mean anything, but...you know ;)

Rayquaza has been mentioned to have a connection with mega evolution in both summaries for this special and in ORAS promo material.

Status
Not open for further replies.