• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 6: Pocket Monsters XY Special - The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act II~

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm kinda surprised Iris isn't in this special, since her own special showed her chasing after Rayquaza to Hoenn.

If the writers decide not to have Iris make a cameo in XY, having her appear in an Alan special would make sense.

XXD17

Draco rex
Rayquaza has been mentioned to have a connection with mega evolution in both summaries for this special and in ORAS promo material.

I know...but they never straight up said rayquaza that was getting a mega/ primal...the only reason I think the silhouettes hold any weight in terms of unofficial confirmation is because latias is there and we aren't supposed to know that it gets a mega yet...If anything, I think this may point to next months Corocoro reveals to be primal rayquaza, and the mega lati's...

Last edited:
I think that Metagross vs Scpetile is going to be like that fight between Gyrados and Abomasnow.

Anyways, the animations look beyond spectacular. Where's the girl with Chespin? She's cute.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I still don't understand.
Are these two Mega Metagross Steven's Pokemon ? For the shiny one, I'm pretty sure it's his, but it seems like the normal one belong to somebody else.

you're not the only one who's confused, i myself feel the same - seeing that metagross at the end of today's episode makes me think that both metagross seem to be daigo/steven's

Here's a thought: What if it's one Metagross, but it wasn't drawn different colored in the earlier preview? It wouldn't be the first time something the previews turned out different/didn't happen in the actual thing.
On the flip side, what if it belongs to someone else who has a mega-evolable Metagross?
Or, as americanxdream pointed out, it could be them showing Megas fight for the sake of showing Megas fight.

Heck, I'm starting to wonder if those mega-starters will actually DO something, or if they're just there for ORAS promotion...

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hmm...maybe Sceptile's trainer is more important then we once thought...I mean to get two battles in a special he would have to be.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Heck, I'm starting to wonder if those mega-starters will actually do something, or if they're showing up just for ORAS promoting...

I think they're minor appearances in general to show Alain's battles in Hoenn thus far. Mega Sceptile seems like it may have its battle showcased longer than Mega Swampert's though in my view. I'm assuming that the Steven/Lysandre/Rayquaza thing will be the main plot line.

Nightstar1994

Is this going to be the same Steven as from the Anime back then? He looks kinda well, different. It might be just the OR/AS slight design change and new animation style.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Is this going to be the same Steven as from the Anime back then? He looks kinda well, different. It might be just the OR/AS slight design change and new animation style.
Same guy new design

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The only important trainer with a Sceptile other then Ash is Tyson(who coincidently also has a Metagross)....idk, it makes sense it would be him since he won the Hoenn pokemon league so presumably he would still be there.

I don't see why else they would give some random person and their Sceptile two different battles in one special.

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
I think they're minor appearances in general to show Alain's battles in Hoenn thus far. Mega Sceptile seems like it may have its battle showcased longer than Mega Swampert's though in my view. I'm assuming that the Steven/Lysandre/Rayquaza thing will be the main plot line.

I'd be on board if that's the case. Since it looks like it's still a 20 something minute episode, the more time for the plot the better. Hopefully they brought Lysandre in to do something in this act.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
With Stevens appearance, I'm expecting another mention of Ash somewhere along the line, like there was in the first act..

I genuinely think they'll start setting it up for a crossover, further down the line..

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

We've had multiple characters who got redesigned in HGSS reappear in the anime with their updated designs, so this is pretty par for course.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since it looks like it's still a 20 something minute episode, the more time for the plot the better. Hopefully they brought Lysandre in to do something in this act.

I agree. I want more plot and not just excessive OR/AS promo, although that'll probably happen anyway. Alas, I just hope that Lysandre and Alain have a confrontation here.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly, if Tyson appears, I'll be overjoyed. What if this is the scenario?

- Alain is fighting Mega Swampert with MC-X, when suddenly there's a hint of green in the sky and a girl runs by in a hurry, but she notices the black Charizard.
- Alain finishes the fight and is intrigued by the ongoing's.
- Alain and Manon come into contact with Iris, who has chased Rayquaza down to Hoenn.
- Iris notes that she's never seen a Charizard that looked like that.
- Alain notes that she has a Gible, and sulks that she hasn't evolved it yet and apparently doesn't know anything about Mega Evolution.
- Iris is pissed and runs off, going back to chasing Rayquaza's trail.
- Alain figures that she might be the lead he needs to find Rayquaza, which he learned holds a key to Mega Evolution.
- He starts chasing Iris, but ends up facing both Tyson and Steven who were clashing with their Mega Metagross.
- Alain than fights Tyson's Mega Sceptile and wins, and loses to Steven's Mega Metagross.
- He tries to find Iris and he does eventually find her and Rayquaza. MC-X and Dragonite fight against Rayquaza, but as legends tend to do, it simply leaves the scene.

Not too difficult, and would be extremely fun to watch in my opinion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly, if Tyson appears, I'll be overjoyed. What if this is the scenario?

- Alain is fighting Mega Swampert with MC-X, when suddenly there's a hint of green in the sky and a girl runs by in a hurry, but she notices the black Charizard.
- Alain finishes the fight and is intrigued by the ongoing's.
- Alain and Manon come into contact with Iris, who has chased Rayquaza down to Hoenn.
- Iris notes that she's never seen a Charizard that looked like that.
- Alain notes that she has a Gible, and sulks that she hasn't evolved it yet and apparently doesn't know anything about Mega Evolution.
- Iris is pissed and runs off, going back to chasing Rayquaza's trail.
- Alain figures that she might be the lead he needs to find Rayquaza, which he learned holds a key to Mega Evolution.
- He starts chasing Iris, but ends up facing both Tyson and Steven who were clashing with their Mega Metagross.
- Alain than fights Tyson's Mega Sceptile and wins, and loses to Steven's Mega Metagross.
- He tries to find Iris and he does eventually find her and Rayquaza. MC-X and Dragonite fight against Rayquaza, but as legends tend to do, it simply leaves the scene.

Not too difficult, and would be extremely fun to watch in my opinion.

Just no, if Iris came back and did have at least one team change, I would be so pissed.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The Hoenn League Gary Stu with his obnoxious Meowth in Boots? Oh no.

(Gary Stu is a term, so it's not a nickname.)
Ill agree here the battle was great till the meowth ex-machina poped out. Yeh i said it, if they do it for continuity sake as a vameo im fine with it...Just dont showcase that meowth.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I liked Tyson and his Meowth. Ash has managed to raise a Pikachu to be stronger than even your average evolved Pokemon, so what was wrong with Tyson's Meowth being the same? Especially since Tyson was a more mature character and likely had longer to train his Meowth in such a way..

I think it'd be cool if he appeared with MegaSceptile.. and Morrison with MegaSwampert, but neither seem likely to me and I can instead just see them belonging to random people..

Status
Not open for further replies.