• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 6th: PM2019 044 - Sword & Shield III: Mugendaina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

OLM has to do various weekly productions which means at times they can sometimes be understaffed or have to rely on outsourcing.

Dynamax is complex to animate since it involves a lot of effects and action must be thought differently than normal battles since we are talking about a big scale here.

Eternatus has a complex and intrincate design that demands time to really get down which just adds to the trouble pointed on first time and is literally magnified by the second.

So all in all, it's a combination of difficulties revolving how to properly adaptate that part of the game.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Then you get complaints about the Pokemon looking too "Bland".
And how Gamefreak is getting "lazier" and "running out of ideas"

There's no winning here no matter how you spin it

Those people can go wait in a grocery story checkout line for 45 minutes for all I care. All I care about are animators having the time to create animation that is exciting and well done.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Can't they just shrink everything around the giant mons and just focus on them with panned out views to make it so they don't waste time drawing the trainers and other people. It's not like they are actually making Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah shots in the middle of a city, causing massive collateral damage.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Can't they just shrink everything around the giant mons and just focus on them with panned out views to make it so they don't waste time drawing the trainers and other people. It's not like they are actually making Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah shots in the middle of a city, causing massive collateral damage.

Not to properly display the size and scale, which is something they seem dead-set on. Yama's Twilight Wings had more time and skilled animators on hand. Insofar nearly all of the Daimax scenes have been handled by Iwane Masa'aki by his lonesome, working within the regularly production schedule allotted to episodes. At least his Mega Evolution specials were given an extra two weeks per episode.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Not to properly display the size and scale, which is something they seem dead-set on. Yama's Twilight Wings had more time and skilled animators on hand. Insofar nearly all of the Daimax scenes have been handled by Iwane Masa'aki by his lonesome, working within the regularly production schedule allotted to episodes. At least his Mega Evolution specials were given an extra two weeks per episode.

They are failing miserably. I just re-watched the Raihan fight and outside of 3-4 perspective stills all other shots were either on the trainers or extreme closeups on the Dymax pokemon which doesn't even let you judge their size in relation to the stadium let alone their trainers.

I'm not trying to underplay their efforts and I actually think Gigantamax is a cool concept, but this type of animation seems to be beyond the current teams abilities.

That being said, I wonder if only the wolves are capable of harming Gigantamax pokemon, or if there is a time limit?

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
They are failing miserably. I just re-watched the Raihan fight and outside of 3-4 perspective stills all other shots were either on the trainers or extreme closeups on the Dymax pokemon which doesn't even let you judge their size in relation to the stadium let alone their trainers.

I'm not trying to underplay their efforts and I actually think Gigantamax is a cool concept, but this type of animation seems to be beyond the current teams abilities.

That being said, I wonder if only the wolves are capable of harming Gigantamax pokemon, or if there is a time limit?

This is what happens when you've only got one good key animator available to handle the Daimax scenes--Iwane--and he is doing them in between cuts for other scenes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think Pikachu vs Dreadnaw has been the best animated Gmax fight on the main anime tbh, I miss Maenami

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Maybe so he can actually do something different for once and show that he can actually use a defensive mon effectively? We all know how badly Torterra got screwed over and the only other mon he has that could be called defensive is probably Snorlax.

And why would forcing him to fight alongside an unfitting Legendary while the fate of the world hangs in the balance make more sense than...say, Torterra redeeming itself in the World Championships?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And why would forcing him to fight alongside an unfitting Legendary while the fate of the world hangs in the balance make more sense than...say, Torterra redeeming itself in the World Championships?
You have confused "unfitting" with "different". If anything, it makes more sense to pair them off with their opposites. Swords and shields are designed to work together. Two of either is far less effective than one of each.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
You have confused "unfitting" with "different". If anything, it makes more sense to pair them off with their opposites. Swords and shields are designed to work together. Two of either is far less effective than one of each.
That’s actually an interesting point. Makes me wish Ash will actually be paired with shield wolf and Go with sword wolf.

D

Deleted member 384931

Nope. At this point I think they might be deliberately not giving these episode summaries. Episode 43 never got one either, the TV Tokyo listing just used the month-old summary for the arc itself. They might do that for this episode too.
It is kinda a shame tbh

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm a little confused about Eternatus tbh. From the first Galar episode, we already know that it is active and roaming around, yet in this arc, it's in an egg I think?? Does this mean he was captured by Rose or is there more then one??

Status
Not open for further replies.