• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 6th: PM2019 044 - Sword & Shield III: Mugendaina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
colress_disagrees_by_somedrunkrocklee_d5rt9um-fullview.jpg

For this is the anime's way to ensure this plot doesn't damage its episode-like nature for the whole saga, and as such we are at the mercy of what people dislike the most: Goh catching Pokemon willy-nilly with no buildup during filler episodes. I mean, for goodness' sake, they even inserted the falling Wishing Star scene the moment Goh got to Magnolia's (but after going to Milo's hometown...miles away from Magnolia's, even), and that was hardly too important to the big plot.

Had we gotten 5 episodes, Bede would have been rushed out of the door.

Sonia chasing wishing stars only to go ruin diving and then have one land in front of Magnolias house is definitely one of the more questionable directing decisions of this arc.

But I loved the Sonia, Magnolia, Goh interaction. Hope we get more in the rest of the arc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think SwSh weren’t the best at building up to the current plot but I don’t think the anime did it any better.

I think it did it because at least Ash and Goh feel more a part of the bigger story than the PCs. Also, they weren't involved in the whole thing because Hop was pissed with his brother missing an appointment and then wanted to invade private property

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I think it did it because at least Ash and Goh feel more a part of the bigger story than the PCs. Also, they weren't involved in the whole thing because Hop was pissed with his brother missing an appointment and then wanted to invade private property
Ye tbh it was really ridiculous that Hop and Gloria/Victor decided to storm through Rose Tower just cause they were hungry :>

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I disagree but I can understand it somewhat. There’s more established part of Leon, Rose, the Legends, and their history was showcased much more in detail in the games.

D

Deleted member 384931

So Satoshi battles Rose and Gou goes to search Zacian/Zamazenta?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I hope they meet at Hammerlocke after Ash vs Rose and (???) vs Oleana and later return to Slumbering Weald and collect the Sword and Shield. Meanwhile Leon and Raihan can try and inevitably fail to stop Eternatus.

In the special PV we see Leon reach the egg just before it releases that huge column of energy. We also see Ash on Dragonite (presumably on his way to the mural) spot the energy. This is likely when Dmax Yamask and Wooloo happen.

We also know that Goh is in the car when Sonia crashes at Hammerlock so he is probably looking for the dogs solo.

Ash may try to stop random Pokemon or head straight to Hammerlock.

Not sure who is fighting Oleana or what Rajhan's role is.

Icy-Snowflake

In the special PV we see Leon reach the egg just before it releases that huge column of energy. We also see Ash on Dragonite (presumably on his way to the mural) spot the energy. This is likely when Dmax Yamask and Wooloo happen.

We also know that Goh is in the car when Sonia crashes at Hammerlock so he is probably looking for the dogs solo.

Ash may try to stop random Pokemon or head straight to Hammerlock.

Not sure who is fighting Oleana or what Rajhan's role is.
Ash leaves Rose Tower to fight off Dynamaxed Pokemon, later spots the energy column and heads to the Energy Plant to learn that Rose was responsible. Probably Ash fights Oleana first (so no Garbodor) and then Rose. Leon is already in Hammerlocke Stadium.
Do you mean Goh is not in Sonia's car? She gets down the car and there's no Goh around. Raihan is there defending her instead.

D

Deleted member 384931

Why did they make Galar into such a small region that Goh can Goh from Magnolia's to Stow-On-Side in an hour. Is Sonia a mad driver, or is Ash's group too slow when walking.
Actually lol. In the games it takes much longer

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Actually lol. In the games it takes much longer
Only from constant interruptions and barring the player from going that far too soon for lacking badges (I don't know how Hammerlocke trainers do it if they will get barred from going back home during the challenge and get stopped by Kabu), but the anime's logic is to greatly expand a region's setting with a bunch of made-up locations.

So it looks like they're not all that interested in giving Galar some extra settlements just like in Alola.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Ash leaves Rose Tower to fight off Dynamaxed Pokemon, later spots the energy column and heads to the Energy Plant to learn that Rose was responsible. Probably Ash fights Oleana first (so no Garbodor) and then Rose. Leon is already in Hammerlocke Stadium.
Do you mean Goh is not in Sonia's car? She gets down the car and there's no Goh around. Raihan is there defending her instead.

Goh is in Sonia's car when she arrives in Hammerlock and crashes into the barricade. Though we also see Raihan and Sonia beside her car without Goh, so either Goh "Goes on ahead without her" and Raihan defends her from rando's, or the PV just doesn't show Goh in the scene and he also meets Raihan.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why did they make Galar into such a small region that Goh can Goh from Magnolia's to Stow-On-Side in an hour. Is Sonia a mad driver, or is Ash's group too slow when walking.

Considering Goh's remarks on her driving, to the point even Raboot was affected, don't doubt she broke every single traffic law to get there so fast.

(unless she missed the trafic cops by taking the most absurd shortcuts. Bet her Mary Kay is secretly a Mach 5)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Considering Goh's remarks on her driving, to the point even Raboot was affected, don't doubt she broke every single traffic law to get there so fast.

(unless she missed the trafic cops by taking the most absurd shortcuts. Bet her Mary Kay is secretly a Mach 5)
Not out of the question if Raboot is like this of all things.

ElkkJ6FVkAAuNTe

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

What they didn't show were the bodies she left behind.

dman_dustin

I'm not sure I believe the double evolution theory. I mean at the same time not in the same episode.

It seems unless there's contradicting evidence that Raboot might evolve early this episode after fighting Garbodor. I don't recall post Garbodor scenes with Raboot but I could be wrong.

Riolu could evolve at the end of the episode or early next episode.

Plus it doesn't seem like Riolu is evolving against Rose because we see Riolu outside presumably post Rose.

Raboot, I'd be happier if it evolved early this episode and Riolu at the end or early next episode.

Galarian farfetch'd is the coolest pokemon ash caught this season and it isn't even getting 5 min of screentime. His presence is even less than some of gou's mons. And this arc also seems to be a bit rushed. Eevee was 100% right about this arc. This arc deserved at least 6 episode for more character interaction and development. Instead both riolu and raboot are gonna evolve with no real development at all whatsoever. Wild eternatus appears and these two mons just go super saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.