• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November 9th: SM49 - Lilie and Silvady: Memories Reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike999246

I think whats happening here with Lusamine is that she is actually a good character, however whatll happen is that Lillie will keep on rejecting her, telling her shes a bad mother and that "she only does what she likes, and doesnt consider others feelings", I think all this will cause Lusamine to try and be as good of a mother to Lillie as possible, doing as much as she can to gain her daughter's love, but none of this works so she tries to release Ultra Beasts into the world just for her to gain her daughter's love (she does it to show that she does things for others and not just herself), and thus accidentally allowing them to wreak havoc (and this is why the Tapus pay so much interest in Ash as he'll be the one to fight them and stop them with Solgaleo/Lunala, and eventually Necrozma will come into story somehow)

DatsRight

On a side note, I like the implication that Ash will be trying vehemently to help with Lillie's personal problem, he's always been altruistic, but towards humans it's generally more passive in recent series compared to towards Pokemon.

Elevating things to a kidnapping and Ash taking a beating to try save her doubles it (sure Lillie's turned into cliche damsel in distress, but that's the main pivot of her development in the games anyway). Maybe Ash truly will take the player character's role and be Lillie's hero.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhe5Au92Mo

-> 0:20
It will be cool if this is the first scene of the episode.
I think it could be the episodes intro that's been going on lately imo.
On a side note, I like the implication that Ash will be trying vehemently to help with Lillie's personal problem, he's always been altruistic, but towards humans it's generally more passive in recent series compared to towards Pokemon.

Elevating things to a kidnapping and Ash taking a beating to try save her doubles it (sure Lillie's turned into cliche damsel in distress, but that's the main pivot of her development in the games anyway). Maybe Ash truly will take the player character's role and be Lillie's hero.

No thanks, we had that way too many times in XY. Ash can stay knocked down from that psychic attack with Pikachu.

Last edited:

DatsRight

No thanks, we had that way too many times in XY. Ash can stay knocked down from that psychic attack with Pikachu.

It could have more meaning in SM at least since Ash is dorky enough that he might only really appeal to Lillie in this regard.

XY Ash was such an exaggerative ace that everyone worshipped the ground he walked on, which doesn't quite have the same effect. Hell it could offer more contention between him and Gladion due to usurping the 'heroic big brother figure' role he wants to have with Lillie.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
It could have more meaning in SM at least since Ash is dorky enough that he might only really appeal to Lillie in this regard.

XY Ash was such an exaggerative ace that everyone worshipped the ground he walked on, which doesn't quite have the same effect. Hell it could offer more contention between him and Gladion due to usurping the 'heroic big brother figure' role he wants to have with Lillie.

Can we not discuss XY Ash before a mass outrage breaks out.
If the scene supports Arelia Shipping I'm with it. Granted I want Lillie to fight her own problems and not do with she did in the games (be kidnapped and saved by the player) hopefully being kidnapped (if she is and can't save herself) inspires her to go Z-form and train harder from then on out. Something tells me however since Snowball is there, Lillie will get time to battle.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Can we not discuss XY Ash before a mass outrage breaks out.
If the scene supports Arelia Shipping I'm with it. Granted I want Lillie to fight her own problems and not do with she did in the games (be kidnapped and saved by the player) hopefully being kidnapped (if she is and can't save herself) inspires her to go Z-form and train harder from then on out. Something tells me however since Snowball is there, Lillie will get time to battle.

Well like I said before, there has to be a starting point to make her development more effective. She starts off helpless and that inspires her to become more independent.

I can maybe see that as the reason she hasn't boosted her training or Snowy up until this point. There's still a lot of the series to go through and develop her in, especially since the actual games arc has only just started. (Though the USUM trailer does look like it's hinting to her being kidnapped by Rainbow Rocket).

Granted she is only being held down by the sissy egomaniac villain here... :p

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't think Ash is saving her anyways since he's trapped in a psychic attack as well as type: null's mask was seen cracking.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't think Ash is saving her anyways since he's trapped in a psychic attack as well as type: null's mask was seen cracking.

It won't be alone Ash for sure, but Ash is still expected to play a part, as the main character is expected to do.

Won't be surprising if Dusk Lycanroc also plays a part alongside Silvally.

DatsRight

Yeah USUM also hinted she's a Pokémon trainer in the games, so I'm assuming they're waiting for their relase to give Lillie her Z-form in the anime. I can see that happening tho, she wants to be independent and not always dependent on Ash so she changes and starts training Snowball. I just hope Ash saving her isn't a recurring thing and this is a one time thing only. The damsel in distress thing is getting old.

Well it was made more glaring because last series had a girl with non-action goals and traits in an action focused story. Even the companions that are more equal to Ash like Dawn, Clemont and Misty got rescued by him a few times though, it's inevitable since you have to show he's the hero and the protective leader. There are still role reversals of course, just being the protagonist, he tends to get more big heroic moments.

Lillie can hopefully boost as the series progresses, since she still has to grow as a trainer, get a second/third Pokemon, and power ups like the Z Rings give better opportunity for boosts. Like you said, if she makes any of these steps in USUM I can see the anime biding their time to adapt some of them.

She IS clearly the moe/little sister of the group, so characters are always going to be protective of her, but she can still get big moments out of it, especially if she's the secondary protagonist, remember May had a similar role, getting kidnapped or needing Ash's help a lot of the time but coming to stand out on her own (actually if by some miracle May got a return too, that has good interaction potential). I'm actually more concerned about others like Mallow than Lillie.

Hopefully Pokemon Switch won't cut things short.

Yeah looks like Faba is creaming him, but at the same time that has good development potentially as well. It's not just a standard rescue where he's in control, he's trying but failing, with not just his Pokemon but him getting beat down this time. I wanna see him keep going, even when loss in inevitable and he's left a battered wreck, he won't leave Lillie. That could make an even bigger pivot for her developing.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Faba creaming Ash would be fine by me, gives credence to him and the bad guys this time round.

Maybe it can serve as a catalyst for development.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm predicting Lillie to regain her memories in this episode, once she sees Type : Null evolving into Silvally. So I guess Lillie regaining her memories will count as Faba's failure again, on top of Lillie and Gladion probably exposing the rest of his past failures. The next episode will be Faba's fightback, as he will somehow abduct Nebby in retaliation for his failure in this episode.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Well it was made more glaring because last series had a girl with non-action goals and traits in an action focused story. Even the companions that are more equal to Ash like Dawn, Clemont and Misty got rescued by him a few times though, it's inevitable since you have to show he's the hero and the protective leader. There are still role reversals of course, just being the protagonist, he tends to get more big heroic moments.

Lillie can hopefully boost as the series progresses, since she still has to grow as a trainer, get a second/third Pokemon, and power ups like the Z Rings give better opportunity for boosts. Like you said, if she makes any of these steps in USUM I can see the anime biding their time to adapt some of them.

She IS clearly the moe/little sister of the group, so characters are always going to be protective of her, but she can still get big moments out of it, especially if she's the secondary protagonist, remember May had a similar role, getting kidnapped or needing Ash's help a lot of the time but coming to stand out on her own (actually if by some miracle May got a return too, that has good interaction potential). I'm actually more concerned about others like Mallow than Lillie.

Hopefully Pokemon Switch won't cut things short.

Yeah looks like Faba is creaming him, but at the same time that has good development potentially as well. It's not just a standard rescue where he's in control, he's trying but failing, with not just his Pokemon but him getting beat down this time. I wanna see him keep going, even when loss in inevitable and he's left a battered wreck, he won't leave Lillie. That could make an even bigger pivot for her developing.
This. I don't have a problem with Lillie being helped by Ash so long as she proves she can hold her own weight. As you said the last Poke Girl had no action in an action story and since SM is getting more action packed, it would be a shame if Lillie didn't get her chance to shine. I have no doubt that the writers will do Lillie right since she seems like the writers favorite currently. All of her development has been flawless. I'm honestly worried about Kiawe and Soph. Kiawe's sole purpose was to mentor Ash during his trails and how to use Z moves and he's already defeated the Grand Trial Kiawe did and have used numerous of Z-moves. Kiawe is running out of things to do. And I'm afraid Soph is going to get the Clemont treatment (great at the start but slowly starts to burn out). Mallow as you said is one those girls who has a non related battling goal so I don't expect much out of her plot wise

DatsRight

This. I don't have a problem with Lillie being helped by Ash so long as she proves she can hold her own weight. As you said the last Poke Girl had no action in an action story and since SM is getting more action packed, it would be a shame if Lillie didn't get her chance to shine. I have no doubt that the writers will do Lillie right since she seems like the writers favorite currently. All of her development has been flawless. I'm honestly worried about Kiawe and Soph. Kiawe's sole purpose was to mentor Ash during his trails and how to use Z moves and he's already defeated the Grand Trial Kiawe did and have used numerous of Z-moves. Kiawe is running out of things to do. And I'm afraid Soph is going to get the Clemont treatment (great at the start but slowly starts to burn out). Mallow as you said is one those girls who has a non related battling goal so I don't expect much out of her plot wise

Yeah, my worry is that the upcoming arcs will slowly reduce things to Ash, Lillie and Gladion, with the rest of the captains not having as much of a goal or connection to the main story. It's a shame because I'm liking the personalities of all of them so far.

Kiawe has a lot of potential as the Lancer/secondary battler, especially since he was the one protecting the students before Ash came along (plus I'm liking the subtle arc with Kiawe learning to adapt to a more versatile team and strategy, given how unconventional a signature Turtonator is, I'd love if it got a prominent role).

Lana has started to gain prowess on her own and became enchanted by potential goals like performing and treasure hunting, while Sophociles has plenty of tech abilities to make use of (Clemont at least got some decent Team Rocket/Xerosic face offs out of his so I'd like to see Sophociles get some more involvement).

They couldn't even get Mallow decent slice of life limelight so I'm especially worried about her.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Yeah, my worry is that the upcoming arcs will slowly reduce things to Ash, Lillie and Gladion, with the rest of the captains not having as much of a goal or connection to the main story. It's a shame because I'm liking the personalities of all of them so far.

Kiawe has a lot of potential as the Lancer/secondary battler, especially since he was the one protecting the students before Ash came along (plus I'm liking the subtle arc with Kiawe learning to adapt to be a more versatile team and strategy, given how unconventional a signature Turtonator is, I'd love if it got a prominent role).

Lana has started to gain prowess on her own, while Sophociles has plenty of tech abilities to make use of (Clemont at least got some decent Team Rocket/Xerosic face offs out of his so I'd like to Sophociles do some more).

They couldn't even get Mallow decent slice of life limelight so I'm especially worried about her.

It's really weird how they can't make the TC apart of this arc. They've involved plenty of characters in the past in arcs that didn't happen in the games for example Iris and Clemont never battled TP and TF in their respective games. I hope they find a way to incorporate them into the plot. However they still have a couple of more Islands to go. And despite being introduced to Aether after the second GT (kinda like the anime) you didn't battle them until much later in the games. So I'm assuming the anime is going to drag this arc out especially since TS are nowhere to be found atm

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I think Litten is gonna evolve within five episodes. It's been training with Lycanroc, so I bet with this upcoming drama, something will happen for Litten to get a chance to have to save the day and evolve. Against Faba would be a perfect chance too. Unlike Lycanroc which everyone knew, I'm thinking it'll be not seen coming.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Normally, I'm not a fan of the damsel in distress cliché unless it's done well and makes sense, but it's possible for the writers to pull it off well here. Even though Lillie's reawakened fear of touching Pokémon doesn't stop her from commanding Shiron in battle, Shiron is still a baby and, logically, should not be able to defeat Faba's psychic Pokémon. On top of that, being in the Aether Paradise basement again will probably trigger some of Lillie's repressed memories and maybe even traumatize her again.

Going by the previews, it seems Faba succeeds in incapacitating Ash, Lillie, and their Pokémon. I think Silvally will be the one who saves Lillie. Its name is in the episode title and the preview showed it "evolving" from Type: Null. I think it's going to "evolve" to save Lillie.

It won't be alone Ash for sure, but Ash is still expected to play a part, as the main character is expected to do.

Won't be surprising if Dusk Lycanroc also plays a part alongside Silvally.
Honestly, I don't think there's any reason for Lycanroc to be involved in the climax of this episode (despite its status as Ash's current ace). I think the star of the climax will be Silvally, who rescues Lillie while Ash, Pikachu, and Shiron are pinned against a wall by psychic powers.

I'm predicting Lillie to regain her memories in this episode, once she sees Type : Null evolving into Silvally. So I guess Lillie regaining her memories will count as Faba's failure again, on top of Lillie and Gladion probably exposing the rest of his past failures. The next episode will be Faba's fightback, as he will somehow abduct Nebby in retaliation for his failure in this episode.
I have a feeling this (or something similar to this) is what is going to happen. Lillie will regain her memories, either from seeing Type: Null "evolve" into Silvally or from being in the basement of the Aether Paradise again; and she and Gladion will expose the rest of Faba's failures. Faba, having failed at abducting Lillie, will resort to abducting Cosmog as a last resort.

Rajas

Lillie being 'kidnapped' would be the necessary incentive for Null's mask breaking imo, don't really seeing Ash having much to do here other than holding Nebby while he teleports them. Gladion is going to be the one to save his sister and that is necessary, this needs to happen for her trauma to end as she needs to see Null/Silvally as the savior and not the cause of her pain. Only then will she truly get over her demons.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lillie being 'kidnapped' would be the necessary incentive for Null's mask breaking imo, don't really seeing Ash having much to do here other than holding Nebby while he teleports them. Gladion is going to be the one to save his sister and that is necessary, this needs to happen for her trauma to end as she needs to see Null/Silvally as the savior and not the cause of her pain. Only then will she truly get over her demons.

Yeah agreed. As much as it's going to be a major moment for Lillie, people seem to be overlooking the fact that this episode seems to be a Gladion episode. He's the one who's going to save his sister, with his Type : Null evolving into Silvally this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.