• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I suppose the reason Lack-two gets fired is sound, and after knowing his underground deeds, I have a feeling he may not get re-hired?

I think it's going to end up with him deciding to give up being a police officer for a normal life at the school even if they decide to rehire him.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
If I had to guess, I bet that either Moon is going to show up in DP remake arc or the Sinnoh trio is going to appear in Alola (which would be AMAZING)!

Satisfied with both arcs this month, although that cliffhanger is KILLING ME!!!!!!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Lack-Two is a very shady guy. Given his more than questionable ways of trying to get Whi-Two to confess, this is more than in-character for him.

Honestly, I've been thinking about this ever since two chapters ago, when he revealed his true identity to Whi-Two. When you think about it, their characters are sort of parallels to each other.

Now to illustrate my point, I'm going to use colors. White = good, black = bad.

Lack-Two is not necessarily an evil person, but he's clearly not a good one. It's just that his methods are a bit more than questionable. But in the end, he's clearly on the side of good. So basically, there's a bit of good in his bad.

Whi-Two, on the other hand, is unarguably a good person. She truly believed in Plasma's lies, but what still a member of their evil organization. There's a bit of bad in her good.

A bit of white in black, a bit of black in white. Sound familiar? This seems to be an intentional representation on the concept of Yin and Yang, which Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of.

Lucky3

Lack-Two is a very shady guy. Given his more than questionable ways of trying to get Whi-Two to confess, this is more than in-character for him.

Honestly, I've been thinking about this ever since two chapters ago, when he revealed his true identity to Whi-Two. When you think about it, their characters are sort of parallels to each other.

Now to illustrate my point, I'm going to use colors. White = good, black = bad.

Lack-Two is not necessarily an evil person, but he's clearly not a good one. It's just that his methods are a bit more than questionable. But in the end, he's clearly on the side of good. So basically, there's a bit of good in his bad.

Whi-Two, on the other hand, is unarguably a good person. She truly believed in Plasma's lies, but what still a member of their evil organization. There's a bit of bad in her good.

A bit of white in black, a bit of black in white. Sound familiar? This seems to be an intentional representation on the concept of Yin and Yang, which Reshiram and Zekrom are based off of.

And to add to that, their titles of "Arrester" and "Liberator" are also completely opposite. That's also a contrast between them and Black and White that share the same title.

e9310103838

Kahili was attacked by two Ultra Beasts. She hit back with her club (And she was unharmed... lol)

Aether Foundation was mentioned in TV commercials.

Moon found the mirage berry.

Kiawe was attacked by Gladion, and Moon recognized Gladion's handwriting. ;393;

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up Ichiban:

Kahili has just returned from a golf tournament in Kalos, and feels a sense of 'home' when she hears the Aether Foundation ad on TV (I remember some people once speculated that Kahili isn't an Alolan in S/M but a migrant. Although she could still be a migrant but grew up in Alola). She reveals to Hala that she has been ambushed by Kartana and Buzzwole at the Melemele Meadows, causing her golf clubs to snap and break, though the creatures vanished before she could fight back. She wonders if they are the reason the Tapus are angry.

Meanwhile, Moon tries shooting down different berries to find the Mirage Berry, and Mallow is surprised by her knowledge. We learn that Moon hails from Sinnoh, and apparently has a connection to Sir Berlitz (her choice of words doesn't reveal much, as it could be how a lab assistant addresses a senior, but also can be how a daughter addresses her father in Japanese culture). A Piplup has been poisoned, and it is likely relating to Moon's poison-testing. Unfortunately, the cure which consists of a Berry and scales cannot be found in Sinnoh. We see Roseanne bringing in the weak Rotom for delivery to Kukui, and Sir Berlitz believes that it is all fate rather than coincidence that Moon should travel to Alola. In her 'serious' searching mode, Moon freaks Mallow out when she unintentionally glares at her. Mallow suggests Moon seek help from Pokemon instead, and her team in addition to Mallow's Steenee start asking for help in the jungle. Moon fears that the Tapu's anger will be be pacified even with the Mirage Berry since the weird creatures like Xurkitree were likely the cause, but Mallow thinks if Tapu Koko rescued Moon, they must be willing to listen to Sun and Moon, and offering them the Berry would be a gesture to open conversation.

At that moment, both Mallow and Lana/Sun receive notice that Kiawe has been injured in Konikoni, just as Moon finds the Mirage Berry. Everyone hurries to Konikoni, and upon arriving at Memorial Hill, they find a badly injured Kiawe with a note thanking him for guidance. Moon recognizes the writing as the same as that Gladion left behind, and Team Skull Grunts soon appear to interrupt them. Lana and Mallow take on them while telling Sun and Moon to get Kiawe to safety. However, Kiawe wishes to clarify something first, and says the person who attacked him was incredibly strong. He recalls what he heard about the phenomenon at the Melemele Z Tournament, and searches through the fur of Litten. Sure enough, he finds a fire type Z crystal and shows it to Sun...

=============================

It's nice to get confirmation on Moon's home region, and I suspect she must have been partners or something with the Piplup. Piplup getting poisoned is likely the reason she is hesitant to seek help from Pokemon for her deeds (it probably helped her out in testing out the poison or something?). Moon didn't really specify whether the 'Berry' in her cure is the Mirage Berry, so I suppose it could be any Berry non-obtainable in Sinnoh. As said above, the panels in this chapter do not give much info on Moon's relationship with Sir Berlitz. Though she wears a white coat, she could be his assistant, daughter, or anyone else.

I must say I'm quite content with both S/M and B2W2 this month, albeit the later being only a half chapter. The reintroduction of PKSP on Fan will hopefully give us more colors to S/M (I assume it's S/M since we see a poster of Sun and Moon with their Pokemon).

Coronis~

I'd be surprised if Moon turns out to be Sir Berlitz's daughter. I think it was mentioned a few times in DP that Platinum is the only child of the family, so Moon, at minimum, would have to be a whopping 12 years younger than her.

e9310103838

I'd be surprised if Moon turns out to be Sir Berlitz's daughter. I think it was mentioned a few times in DP that Platinum is the only child of the family, so Moon, at minimum, would have to be a whopping 12 years younger than her.

But this does not look like a dialogue between father and daughter. She is more likely to be an assistant or a member of Berlitz Family. ;393;

Moni_22

Thanks for the summary Coronis. I do think that even though it was Gladion who left the note, maybe Plumeria is also with him. We met her near the ruins in the game and this is likely to be the final part of the Akala arc so I think both of them will be there, that's why they don't specify who Kiawe's attacker was.

When does Pokémon Fan come out? Is it sooner than the next Ichiban chapter?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thanks for the summary Coronis. I do think that even though it was Gladion who left the note, maybe Plumeria is also with him. We met her near the ruins in the game and this is likely to be the final part of the Akala arc so I think both of them will be there, that's why they don't specify who Kiawe's attacker was.

When does Pokémon Fan come out? Is it sooner than the next Ichiban chapter?

The 29th, I believe.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Maybe they could end up being cousins?

BlackButterfree

Well, it would be a nice callback to the games, considering the Sandgem PC (Platinum in Adventures' case) has a younger sister that helps you out with hordes in the post-game.

But if they directly mentioned Platinum being an only child, I don't think they would retcon that in, considering Adventures is pretty good with continuity as far as I can tell.

Guess we'll find out soon.

Lucky3

Well, it would be a nice callback to the games, considering the Sandgem PC (Platinum in Adventures' case) has a younger sister that helps you out with hordes in the post-game.

But if they directly mentioned Platinum being an only child, I don't think they would retcon that in, considering Adventures is pretty good with continuity as far as I can tell.

Guess we'll find out soon.

What if she's adopted? That would explain her talking formally to Mr. Bertlitz and Platinum being referred to as "the only child of the Berlitz family".

arawn

She has the same eyes as Platinum so i think at least they have blood related. Considering SM is 3 gen after DPPt, Sun and Moon could start a new generation of dex holder with the Sihnoh, Unova and Kalos being the second generation. So Platinum could be a big sister and mentor for Moon just like how Green was with XY.

Another reason why I'm not too keen on Moon being a Berlitz is that it's kinda implied that she's supposed to be whatever the Pokeworld's equivalent of Korean is. Besides her being modeled after a Korean actress, the shape of her bow and the way she draws it (thumb draw) suggests that she specifically practices traditional Korean archery as opposed to Japanese.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Another reason why I'm not too keen on Moon being a Berlitz is that it's kinda implied that she's supposed to be whatever the Pokeworld's equivalent of Korean is. Besides her being modeled after a Korean actress, the shape of her bow and the way she draws it (thumb draw) suggests that she specifically practices traditional Korean archery as opposed to Japanese.

Is there any difference? Berlitz is not even a Japanese surname family XD

What if she's adopted? That would explain her talking formally to Mr. Bertlitz and Platinum being referred to as "the only child of the Berlitz family".

I think this will not be adopted since Sapphire's mom has never been debut (only exists in the setting in volume 29), and no need to change the character setting. :531:

-------------------------

Pokéspe fan video sharing XD

Pokéspe 20th anniversary chronicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbpYDdLzwS8&t=4s

Blue's (famale) theme "Humans are such things"
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4847420/
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28960150

Pokéspe Girls Fight Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4LU6Kdop4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.