• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any difference? Berlitz is not even a Japanese surname family XD

Well, it's been said that the Berlitz family has been in Sinnoh for 200 years, so...

It just seems a little odd that someone whose family is firmly situated in Japan would practice Korean archery.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Well, it's been said that the Berlitz family has been in Sinnoh for 200 years, so...

It just seems a little odd that someone whose family is firmly situated in Japan would practice Korean archery.

Do we know Moon's age? Because I think it will confirm if she's a Berlitz or not if we do. If she's older than 12 then we know she isn't because she's not wearing the Berlitz Crest (and I say 12 because that was Platina's age during DPPt if I'm not mistaken)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Do we know Moon's age? Because I think it will confirm if she's a Berlitz or not if we do. If she's older than 12 then we know she isn't because she's not wearing the Berlitz Crest (and I say 12 because that was Platina's age during DPPt if I'm not mistaken)

She's 11. Platinum was also 11 (later turned 12) when she started her journey.

However, her not having the crest doesn't mean anything since Rowan explicitly noted that Platinum was doing the quest earlier than normal and that there was no cutoff date for doing it.

Though they stated that only heirs had to do this. If Moon is the younger daughter, she wouldn't have to do the quest, right?

And like Violent Tomboy said, Platinum was referred to as Mr. Berlitz's only daughter.

I guess she could come from a branch family, making her Platinum's cousin? Or however it works. I'm not familiar with how Zaibatsus work.

pika09

EEEEEHHHHH???

Moon is 11 years old.

The first chapter of DP states that Platinum's the only daughter in the family, so it's pretty unlikely that she and Moon are siblings at the very least.

Maxim

Beyond repair
I've already seen some anime-related scans from the latest Pokemon Fan issue, but no PokeSpe news.

So, it's not this issue yet?

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just picked up Fan, and I'm sorry to say that things have been a false alarm. As Yamamoto stated on his Twitter today, this PKSP revival on Fan was just a 'petite' one, and we basically get two pages, one showing the steps in creating a full coloured picture featured as the 'poster' of this issue (honestly, it's just one of those folded coloured pages at the beginning of these magazines). On the second page, Yamamoto teaches us how to draw Rowlet. Fan also features the very first S/M chapter, which has been collected in mini-volume form already.

I've scanned both pages since that's really all we get. Did a little bit of cleaning of the 'poster' since the fold marks over Moon's face irritated me.

- The rough sketches, step by step leading to the 'poster'
- 'How to draw Rowlet', starting with a split apple, adding seeds, let the seed sprout into leaves, put the 'apple' in a cup, pair it with peach (belly), add two forks (legs) so you can share with your friend. Turn it over and it's ready to eat. Great.

And a slightly cleaned up PNG of the 'poster'.

I cannot find any indication that future Fan will resume serializing PKSP. This seems like a one-off thing. I hope I'm not the only one disappointed for the false hype. As nice as the poster is, it is honestly the only page I cared for in the whole magazine. The rest covers known game news, a bit of new upcoming anime news, and merchandise news which are not hard to find online. Sometimes I do wonder how these magazines survive when they are simply printing news that are readily available on the web for free. Granted, this is the first Fan I got since PKSP stopped serializing. Ironically, it's now more expensive than when it carried PKSP.

Coronis~

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
[*]

That's the saddest news in a while.

No wonder this manga is stuck in Generation V. They aren't even trying.

Moni_22

That's truly disappointing. I was hoping we would finally get two chapter per month... I was so excited for the next chapter too

Ryousha

Just picked up Fan, and I'm sorry to say that things have been a false alarm. As Yamamoto stated on his Twitter today, this PKSP revival on Fan was just a 'petite' one, and we basically get two pages, one showing the steps in creating a full coloured picture featured as the 'poster' of this issue (honestly, it's just one of those folded coloured pages at the beginning of these magazines). On the second page, Yamamoto teaches us how to draw Rowlet. Fan also features the very first S/M chapter, which has been collected in mini-volume form already.

I've scanned both pages since that's really all we get. Did a little bit of cleaning of the 'poster' since the fold marks over Moon's face irritated me.

- The rough sketches, step by step leading to the 'poster'
- 'How to draw Rowlet', starting with a split apple, adding seeds, let the seed sprout into leaves, put the 'apple' in a cup, pair it with peach (belly), add two forks (legs) so you can share with your friend. Turn it over and it's ready to eat. Great.

And a slightly cleaned up PNG of the 'poster'.

I cannot find any indication that future Fan will resume serializing PKSP. This seems like a one-off thing. I hope I'm not the only one disappointed for the false hype. As nice as the poster is, it is honestly the only page I cared for in the whole magazine. The rest covers known game news, a bit of new upcoming anime news, and merchandise news which are not hard to find online. Sometimes I do wonder how these magazines survive when they are simply printing news that are readily available on the web for free. Granted, this is the first Fan I got since PKSP stopped serializing. Ironically, it's now more expensive than when it carried PKSP.

Coronis~

The poster seems nice. Thank you for scanning in the other stuff, seems really interesting.
I'll be getting my issue in soon too, so hopefully I can provide a nicer quality scan for that poster~
I kinda realized there was no chapter when the cover was leaked and mentioned no chapter.

Last edited:

Moni_22

Digital coloring. He just does sketch + inking traditionally I think.

The coloring is very similar to Volume 53 and SM volume 1.

I first noticed his digital colouring in the artbook cover. It looked so much different than previous coloured drawings and honestly, I liked it a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.