• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If my statement came off as condescending, I apologize. My intention was it to come off as jokey.

A jest based on how there's almost as many moves as there are Pokemon. That's all.

OK, back on topic, please.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's most likely going to be Hugh, we need a way to get him involved here. Inb4 it's Sird

Lucky3

Rood has a Swoobat in the games and apparently Colress has lost control over Kyurem, so it's probably them.

e9310103838

In these few round of SM and B2W2 have many similarities. In the last time SM, only Moon was on the stage. Sun did not appear. and in B2W2, Unova squad also did not appear. Then in this month, they all ended up in a plot with a mysterious character.

And although we don't know what effect Dulse has on Necrozma, obviously he was sucked in because of Ultranecrozium Z. This is similar to Lack-two being sucked by Kyurem and DNA Splicers in B2W2. ;)

volcanionmaster123

So we have about 20-ish pages left for Vol 54 (in Japan) I guess. If B2W2 truly does end, next month should be the ending. I just don't know if it actually will. I know Kusaka said that 54 will end things here but to be fair, he said that way before the year-long hiatus began so they easily could've changed plans. We'll just have to wait and see then. I just don't know how they can resolve the entire crisis in 20 pages.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
It's not ending in 20 pages. It's impossible.
This wouldn't be the first time that a next volume preview label the next volume as the 'final battle'. It means the beginning of the last battle.

The same thing happened way back on the RS chapter if i'm not mistaken.

volcanionmaster123

I've checked previous volumes and it seems to have happened twice, in RS and HGSS. HGSS lasted an extra 4 rounds into BW's first volume, with the cover being BW. In RS's case, it actually lasted a whopping 8 rounds with the last 2 being FRLG, and the cover was still RS. I guess we'll see how many rounds the final battle last, and if there's an epilogue round after the crisis to (finally) end things.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I've checked previous volumes and it seems to have happened twice, in RS and HGSS. HGSS lasted an extra 4 rounds into BW's first volume, with the cover being BW. In RS's case, it actually lasted a whopping 8 rounds with the last 2 being FRLG, and the cover was still RS. I guess we'll see how many rounds the final battle last, and if there's an epilogue round after the crisis to (finally) end things.
3 to 6 rounds. That's all I think BW2 needs to end properly considering the endgame is near. To wrap up Blake & Whitley's friendship, the confrontation with Ghetsis, Colress's confrontation with N, Hugh's search for his Purrloin that will likely involve the Shadow Triad, maybe a reference to the Strange House (please let there be a reference to the Strange House), Keldeo wrapping up his friendship with Blake, the Interpol's contact with Colress that leads to Alola and finally Kyurem himself likely parting ways with the cast of characters. Anything less than that has me worried.

Lucky3

I'm more concerned about USUM. It seemed like it could easily end quickly a few rounds ago, but the pacing seems to have slowed down for no particular reason, and now there's only two chapters left and a lot of unresolved stuff, so I'm afraid it'll end in an anticlimax like ORAS.

shoz999

I'm more concerned about USUM. It seemed like it could easily end quickly a few rounds ago, but the pacing seems to have slowed down for no particular reason, and now there's only two chapters left and a lot of unresolved stuff, so I'm afraid it'll end in an anticlimax like ORAS.
I like the ending of ORAS despite how really short that battle was. How it ended with a reunion waiting for them, that really warms the heart. As for USUM, I'm not going to lie. I have no idea how this could really end. I can see Blake and Whitley make their farewells at the Giant Chasm after everything is over in BW2 but SMUSUM? I feel like it really hasn't reached that part where you expect them to meet at a certain location at the very end. What's going to happen? Are we going to see Sun say he's going to continue his Pokemon journey to challenge the Pokemon League Kukui planned for him and end right there, which actually I wouldn't mind.

volcanionmaster123

3 to 6 rounds.

I can see B2W2 lasting 4 more rounds, so in between your range. 6 is basically another volume so unless Kusaka decided to flesh out the story a ton during the long hiatus, Idk if it'll last that long.

To wrap up Blake & Whitley's friendship.

Lol are they even friends right now? I know at least on Whi-two's side, she seems to consider him as such because she still calls him "Superintendent", but who knows what Lack's thinking at this point. I did notice that Lack has been a bit softer to her, at least compared to his interactions with Black and White thus far. Tho that's not saying much. But no matter what, they probably have one of the more... complicated relationships of all the dexholders so far.

the confrontation with Ghetsis, Colress's confrontation with N, Hugh's search for his Purrloin that will likely involve the Shadow Triad, maybe a reference to the Strange House (please let there be a reference to the Strange House), Keldeo wrapping up his friendship with Blake, the Interpol's contact with Colress that leads to Alola and finally Kyurem himself likely parting ways with the cast of characters. Anything less than that has me worried.

Now that I think about it, that's still quite a bit of content left.

lolipiece

Staff member

With B2W2 finally reaching its climax, I feel Kusaka may be banking on finally being able to add extra volume-only content again.

We're probably going to have an ending like ORAS got, but only because the mini-volumes have to have an ending.

Only real problem is how long we'll have to wait. The usual time before the B2W2 stuff started was around two years, but we have three arcs to extend now (not that XY really needs much extending).

TotallyNotCrt

I can see B2W2 lasting 4 more rounds, so in between your range. 6 is basically another volume so unless Kusaka decided to flesh out the story a ton during the long hiatus, Idk if it'll last that long.

Lol are they even friends right now? I know at least on Whi-two's side, she seems to consider him as such because she still calls him "Superintendent", but who knows what Lack's thinking at this point. I did notice that Lack has been a bit softer to her, at least compared to his interactions with Black and White thus far. Tho that's not saying much. But no matter what, they probably have one of the more... complicated relationships of all the dexholders so far.

Now that I think about it, that's still quite a bit of content left.

With B2W2 finally reaching its climax, I feel Kusaka may be banking on finally being able to add extra volume-only content again.

We're probably going to have an ending like ORAS got, but only because the mini-volumes have to have an ending.

Only real problem is how long we'll have to wait. The usual time before the B2W2 stuff started was around two years, but we have three arcs to extend now (not that XY really needs much extending).

The label they publish with is called Tentoumushi Comics SPECIAL or Ladybug Comics SPECIAL, it's a format that allows an upward of 208 pages per volume.

B2W2 Volume 54 content is around

C541 - 24
C542 - 31
C543 - 39
C544 - 34
C545 - 38
C546.1 - 16 = 182 pages
(after removing 4 filler pgs from it indicating that it's part 2 of the chapter)

If we take into account how standard this 200-208 page practice is, here are randomly chosen volumes from Spe's lineup.

Volume 45: 205
Volume 51: 204
Volume 13: 206
Volume 12: 208
Volume 23: 208
Volume 26: 208
Volume 33: 206

I am quite unsure how this is going to play out.

I have a feeling their label will either:
a. Let them go over the 208 page cap.
b. It *will* leak into the next volume and XY will, unfortunately, get stuck being started off not in its own standalone volume.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Option B is more likely. We still need the rest of Chapter 546 that will release this month, which means another 18-20 pages more.
If option A was really an option, then the climax of HGSS would've been crammed into Volume 42...although who knows, this might very well be the case this time around.

lolipiece

Staff member
I mean, that's most definitely what's going to happen when Viz gets to this.

As for page count, I'd much rather have it bleed into the next volume. I don't have the Viz HGSS volumes, but I do have the GSC ones, and volume 14 is a bit big for my liking.

I can only assume how big the second HGSS volume is.

shoz999

giphy.gif

Finally got around reading the chapter. Now I know what you guys mean by epic kaiju fight lol. I'm getting flying Godzilla flashbacks lol and I don't think it's a coincidence lol. You know what's even better, I freaking love it.

e9310103838

So that silhouette is Solgaleo.

And the end of Sun & Moon and the first round of Sword & Shield will be released next month. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.