• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

November Plot

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wait a minute...if Hugh is becoming a main character...and be given a Pokedex... and isn't named after a game...is there hope for Wally now in the RSE remakes to become a main character?

No. Different situation.

Wally can't be named, Hugh can.

Since there is no games left to give a name for him, they had no choice but to call him Hugh. And besides, they could always change it.

matt0044

Maybe Hugh's last name is Gray related. Greystone?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Wait a minute...if Hugh is becoming a main character...and be given a Pokedex... and isn't named after a game...is there hope for Wally now in the RSE remakes to become a main character?

I don't see how since they already gave up Wally's Pokedex and starter to another character.

G-SANtos

No. Different situation.

Wally can't be named, Hugh can.

Since there is no games left to give a name for him, they had no choice but to call him Hugh. And besides, they could always change it.
The "can't be named" part could easily be changed in a remake if they ever decide to to one. But given that Emerald has already been used, I think the only way to turn Mitsuru in a Zukan (Dex) owner would be if a remake revealed his family name as "Emerald".

You know what, when I saw Hue's sister, at first I thought she was a young Fuuro (Skyla) because of that "Gym Leader" talk. It took me some seconds to notice my mistake.

About that Daikenki (Samurott), maybe it's actually Bel's? Or Araragi (father)'s? I believe we'll have three sets of starters by the end of BW2 if they don't have Black and White wear Kyouhei and Mei's clothes, and the starters for the BW2 trio will be children of BW's two sets, but I couldn't think of who would have the second Mijumaru (Oshawott) line Pokémon to allow this to happen. Having it be Araragi father works as a solution.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The "can't be named" part could easily be changed in a remake if they ever decide to to one. But given that Emerald has already been used, I think the only way to turn Mitsuru in a Zukan (Dex) owner would be if a remake revealed his family name as "Emerald".

You know what, when I saw Hue's sister, at first I thought she was a young Fuuro (Skyla) because of that "Gym Leader" talk. It took me some seconds to notice my mistake.

About that Daikenki (Samurott), maybe it's actually Bel's? Or Araragi (father)'s? I believe we'll have three sets of starters by the end of BW2 if they don't have Black and White wear Kyouhei and Mei's clothes, and the starters for the BW2 trio will be children of BW's two sets, but I couldn't think of who would have the second Mijumaru (Oshawott) line Pokémon to allow this to happen. Having it be Araragi father works as a solution.

I don't see why it can't belong to Cedric.

Last time I checked, Professors just give these out. They aren't available only to them.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Another thought: Ignoring the fact that they're based on the game titles, the Dexholders' names are offshoots of colors (Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum obvious stretches and/or exceptions). Hugh, being based on "Hue", is color related and thus still valid in the naming scheme. Kyouhei and Mei's names aren't as connected to color (they mean "resonance", so it's a stretch), and that could be the basis if Kusaka chooses to only feature Hugh in B2W2.

Otherwise, he's going to have to get "creative" if he wants Kyouhei and Mei involved.

Remember that all the game protagonists, with the exceptions of Red and Leaf, have all had default names that were not the same as their Special names. The same could be the case with Kyouhei and Mei, but I do wonder about how awkward Black2 and White2 would sound...

Ace of Shades

I feel like that Samurott is Hugh's and somehow his sister get's Gigi or a tepig and we have 2 sets of dexholders Hugh, Black, White and Cheren, Bianca, Hugh's sister

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
I think most likely this time around, since B2W2 broke the mold for the games, there will be 1 set of Pokedex holders but 2 sets of starters (one of which will be evolved and one not).

Holders: Black (Buoh), White (Amanda), Hugh (Samurott, somehow)
The second set are the unevolved starters: Snivy (Cheren), Gigi (N), Oshawott (Bianca)

Storyline-wise, I think it would be really unwise to make Kyouhei and Mei into new characters because it will really hinder character development. It would be nice if they could just focus on Hugh and have Black/White dressed in new clothing as major supporting characters (their characters are already developed, and White has an obvious segue into PokeStars Studios). But who knows, anything could happen.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Those images just go to show you don't need fully evolved Pokemon to win a league. Gigi is still a backstabbing porker though. Lol Black pulling White away from N makes him look so jealous. I know it's not the case but still.

e9310103838

N use five Pokemon, Darmanitan, Archeops, Zoroar, Gigi, and Zekrom.

And Alder use only four.

Well, not including Zekrom, this is four Pokémon...... :567:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Really interesting to see the preview chapter for the B2W2 arc as the 15th anniversary special chapter. Though this makes me still wonder when that Red special chapter would be out. I would guess that it might even be the final chapter to wrap up the HGSS arc in the final volume of the HGSS arc. Yup, A battle between Gold and Red would be the perfect thing for the special chapter.

Besides, I could actually see that Hugh might be the sole main character for the B2W2 since that it's an odd numbered generation after all. But hey, It's still too early to say that's how it was since that we thought Cheren and Bianca were the main characters of the BW arc when they previewed that arc while the DP arc was still in the midst of being being turned into Volumes.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games

iml908

Does Black know that White is a Pokedex holder now? I don't recall her ever telling or showing him her Pokedex.

knux-the-killer

That's IF there are RSE remakes. Maybe there will, maybe there won't. Though I could see Wally's character being redeemed in such a possible chapter, we can only dream for now.

I don't understand why you guys want Wally to be a main so much. His body would tear apart if that happens.

matt0044

I don't understand why you guys want Wally to be a main so much. His body would tear apart if that happens.

Well, maybe not a main char. but a more prominent one would suffice. Especially in the Emerald arc BUT let's not go there for the fifty-millionth time.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Oh, yes he knows.

I'm not a shipper, but I'm going to be PISSED if Black and White don't end up together before Gen V ends. They're just too damn cute together!

And now I'm picturing a film adaptation of the R/S arc directed by Andreas Schnaas. :D

Okay, it's time to cut the jokes and get serious for a second. If they made Wally a Dexholder somehow in a remake/revisit of RS, I wouldn't complain. But, I'm also okay with the idea of him not becoming one. It's been like, what, seven years since RS came out in volume form! Do yourselves a favor and just let it go. What ever happens is going to happen, just go with the flow.