• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now For A Gimmick

Usatoday

Eternal God
Now I've been meaning to build a gimmicky team and i think i found the perfect one. It is a team built around paralysis assisting a bulky nasty plot togekiss.
233.gif

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Lock On
- Zap Cannon
First up we have a physically defensive porygon2 and the gimmicker of the team. Ice beam allows for me to hit the numerous dragons and the physical bulk allows me to take the hits all the better. I can even take one banded terrakion's close combat. Recover is to heal health obviously and now for the gimmick. Zap cannon one of the worst moves in the game because of one thing; it's accuracy but lock on fixes. What lock-on enables me to do is never miss the next move i use so with zap cannon i can get a 150 base electric with the handy process of getting instant paralysis on anything it hits.

302.gif

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Recover
- Night Shade
While obviously porygon2 is my main wall i still needed something for gengar; it lays in the form of sableye a rather another pokemon to face because of prankster an ability which enables me to get plus 1 priority on any non damaging move. Now willo-wisp is there in case porygon2 is low on health and can't take a hit. Recover allows for priority recovery and substitute allows for scouting choiced pokemon such as terrakion and landorus. Finally night shade allows me to break substitutes and enables me to prevent from being taunt bait.

462.gif

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
The second spreader of paralysis magnezone allows me to get rid of pesky steels such as ferrothorn and skarmory two pokemon that give this team trouble. Now the cool thing with paralysis and substitute is that if i can paralyze the switch in I can then scout what they're going to want to do to my magnezone and switch out to the appropriate counter to the selected move and plus the thought of a potentially free substitute doesn't hurt either. Hidden power fire allows me to hit steel types and celebi fairly hard. It also allows me to prevent a gliscor from getting up a substitute. Thunderbolt is obviously stab and great for dealing with politoed and jellicent.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
The physical prowess of this team is a choice banded terrakion, something that can 2 hit ko the entire OU metagame and with the spread of paralysis it can enable me to outspeed things such as alakazam and latios and ko them with X-Scissor. Now quick attack is my only form of priority on this team enabling me to finish off threats that have set up such as dragonite and cloyster two predominant pokemon in OU. X-Scissor allows me to hit alakazam, starmie, and the latitwins for super effective damage. Stone edge is there for dragonite, salamence, and gliscor. Close Combat is my preferred mode of choice for taking out blissey.

468.gif

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
Next off we have the star the team was built around a bulky nasty plot togekiss. Nasty Plot allows me to set up on paralyzed pokes and other pokemon such as blissey and gengar. Roost is a reliable recovery move and handy for outstalling jellicent out of ice beam. Nasty plot enables me to start hitting very hard after just one nasty plot. Air slash enables me to start the infamously annoying combo of paraflinching and it's what togekiss does best. Finally i have aura sphere for tyranitar, terrakion, and blissey.

121.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
Finally we have my teams spinner and finally paralysis spreader starmie. When i noticed it might be nice to have a fast thunder waver starmie came to mind and rapid spin was even more of an excuse to use it. Hydro Pump is a handy stab to have around and thunderbolt hits politoed and opposing starme.

Klaus™

Banned
hey usa. nice team! im not too sure how to go about with this team though. the changes i would make involve messing up the type synergy. so, take my suggestions in doubt first. i'm going to start with suggesting a poke now, then reflecting on it later.

anyways, first thing i see holding you back is that porygon2. i've never found lock cannon combo useful at all. plus, any specially oriented ground wrecks that. i would change it to one of my fav gimmicks ever. jirachi. it goes along with togekiss, plus this set is more physically oriented, complimenting togekiss's special side.

jirachi @expert belt
naive
252 atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 spe
- fire punch
- thunder
- iron head
- ice punch

or...more gimmicky and more specially oriented....

jirachi @life orb/expert belt
naive/hasty
4 atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 spe
- grass knot/energy ball
- iron head
- thunder/bolt
- draco meteor

im not too sure about the second set. its made up by me, and i've only ever made like 1 set on my own. with this, you are ground weak, so i'd add a levitater. or at the least air ballon>lefties on mag.

i also dont think terrakion benefits the team that much. i'd take out both terra and starmie, and put in donphan and....idk.

last thought: most of this team can benefit from tr. none can use it themselves, which is a problem though.

full, more thorough rate later.

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
That's a great team! Honestly it would even beat my new fairly bulky OU team,so I have to give this team a 7 out of 10. Nice job!

Usatoday

Eternal God
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbump

Soperman

The One and Only
Looks good. I find it funny that you decided to use Terrakion, even tho you clearly dislike it.
For Togekiss, it would probably be smarter to stick those 8 EVS in Defenses onto Sp. Atk, to make it that much better.
Also, with Magnezone, you won't be outspeeding any big threats, so might as well give it power with Modest instead.
Your Porygon2 is so gimmicky xD. Has it worked?