• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now i'm not a Hobo on Spriting Street! I've got a Thread!

Chocolate Pokemon

Black&White=NoRacism
Hi everyone! Two threads gone, I've improved a little. My friends keep bugging me for a new thread, so, here it goes!

Last edited:

PurpleMew

no promises
May not be a hobo anymore but they certainly don't live up to being normal.
Your fusion are just crazy and scream copy and pasted recoloured sprites and that is not classed a fusion. Try to scratch parts if not the whole thing and recolour with not so bright colours.
The fakemon are recoloured Pokemon and just scream plain and simple out. Your shading skills could be improved to make the sprites look better. You retypes are just recolours and recolours are simply done and don;t take any skill to do what so ever.

I suggest you look at some tuturials and improve your shading and positioning of things in terms of fusion and fakemon.

Chocolate Pokemon

Black&White=NoRacism
May not be a hobo anymore but they certainly don't live up to being normal.
Your fusion are just crazy and scream copy and pasted recoloured sprites and that is not classed a fusion. Try to scratch parts if not the whole thing and recolour with not so bright colours.
The fakemon are recoloured Pokemon and just scream plain and simple out. Your shading skills could be improved to make the sprites look better. You retypes are just recolours and recolours are simply done and don;t take any skill to do what so ever.

I suggest you look at some tuturials and improve your shading and positioning of things in terms of fusion and fakemon.

For starters, I have scratched some pieces and I know with some like Ivysaur/Ambipom I have done way to bright colours, but that was a while ago. And my "Re-types" AREN'T Re-types, they are Re-colours and Re-poses, I haven't put on any Re-types yet.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

PurpleMew

no promises
For starters, I have scratched some pieces and I know with some like Ivysaur/Ambipom I have done way to bright colours, but that was a while ago. And my "Re-types" AREN'T Re-types, they are Re-colours and Re-poses, I haven't put on any Re-types yet.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

Yes I know that but I was saying try to scratch more because they still look like a copy and paste job. Can I suggest you only post your new sprites ?
Sorry for my mistake but it could have been a little clearer as to which is which and that is my fault, that was a typo I made. It was meant to say:

Your recolours are just recolours and recolours are simply done and don't take any skill to do what so ever.

My pleasure and I look forward to seeing some new things.

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Purple Mew, layin down the hurt. Give him a break. Or dont. lol whatever, these aren't that bad... Really, they mostly have an issue of two-color shading, or that's how it looks to me. when you recolor things, since most of your jobs are using existing sprites, follow the shading scheme already set out. its the least you could do when youre not scratching your stuff. Some awesome stuff tho, and may I say, i fricking LOVE the idea of a multiply and divide plusle/minun. love the colors you chose for them too. Keep it up man

Alder

Come at me bro
To quote the Chairman...

Eh-hem...hmm...well, it's not bad, but it's not good either...

I'll leave out teh PokeBlock bit.

Your fusions are mostly good, mainly recolorings, which don't classify as a fusion, like your Golduck/Shellos.

I have to partially disagree with Rapid Distortion, if you're doing a fusion then sometimes you can't use teh same shading scheme, some sprites have conflicting shading patterns and light sources. Pick one and reshade.

One thing that's bugging me, when you reposed Plusle and Minun you forgot to edit their cheeks and tails. ^_^

Needs work, but shows potential.

Alder

Come at me bro
To quote the Chairman...

Eh-hem...hmm...well, it's not bad, but it's not good either...

I'll leave out teh PokeBlock bit.

Your fusions are mostly good, mainly recolorings, which don't classify as a fusion, like your Golduck/Shellos.

I have to partially disagree with Rapid Distortion, if you're doing a fusion then sometimes you can't use teh same shading scheme, some sprites have conflicting shading patterns and light sources. Pick one and reshade.

One thing that's bugging me, when you reposed Plusle and Minun you forgot to edit their cheeks and tails. ^_^

Needs work, but shows potential.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Your fakemon are sloppy and some aren't really fakemon but retypes or recolors

That says nothing whatsoever about what could be IMPROVED on the sprites. What you just said is a bit offensive, and you should think more carefully next time you burst out like that.

Here's my crit. :3

Your Chingfloon and Pikalett's outlines seem to be quite off.
I think the Chingling's mouth part should have been placed more to the centre of the balloon, and a bit thicker on the lines. I also think that the balloon part would look better if it was more smooth. The ribbon/whatever it is part may need to be connected to the balloon part a bit better.

Pikalett's ears seem too close together, and need to be spaced out a bit. Same applies with its eyes, space them out a couple more pixels.

The Ampibom/Roserade? fusion looks fine. But I think the black area of Ambipom's face seems off. Try changing it to a pale pink or something.

With all of the fusions, excluding the Pikalett (because there's only so much you can edit of it), I feel that you didn't do enough fusing. You just recoloured to suit the 2nd Pokemon, and added some small things. I think your fusions would look alot better if you edited more than just a couple of areas.

If people are complaining about your fake Divide and Multiply, because they don't seem edited enough. Really, there's only so much you can do for those, and you did it. You reposed, and you recoloured, and changed the + and - symbols to multiply and divide, and that's all you need to do for them.

I thought of that once as well, and they're good ideas. <:

Although I do think that the Whismur and Mareep edits could use some more editing to make them look less like the originals. I'm not too sure about the red bud. I think it needs more of an umph to it. I can't quite put my finger on what's needed.

I don't really see what's different about the Rotom sprites, except that they've been recoloured. Make sure to adjust the ENTIRE sprite when retyping.

I hope my crit's been somewhat usefull. :3

Good luck. <3

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Um, shading on the fusions could be improved, and they are perhaps using too much of the base like PM said, but they dont have to, they look fine except for the shading, bar that pika/diglett one - um, try again?

Also, that fire mareep is great along with the trainer sprite.

Chocolate Pokemon

Black&White=NoRacism
Here's an update. I really like my Bronzor. Do you?

Here's another. Pikalett revised, but its hideously ugly.

Last edited: