• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now that Ash is leaving how likely will his friends return now?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Unless Oak retires and Gary takes over as the new Kanto professor in the time skip.
will be very interesting to see what happens to Gary in the new series for sure.

I wonder if they'll ever introduce Green/Leaf. Or Ash's dad.

e91cea14a6962d3136c7a3934ae8bb52.jpg

SkyBlaze9125

They probably won't. I think these 11 episodes will be their conclusion as well. I guess there's a chance that Iris will return for BW remakes but even for that, I'm skeptical. Alder is the champion in those games so I think whenever the anime gets around to BW remakes, Alder will champion again just as Steven became champion again in XY for ORAS promotion

I'd say Ash himself is the only one that will cameo. I actually think the new series will open with the Leon battle playing on TV
Yeah but maybe they will mix elements of BW2 (sequels) with BW?

Like maybe Alder is thinking o retiring and during the post-game we see Iris as his successor. Or Alder is this retired badass and Iris have been Champion for a while

Sham

The Guardian of War
Imagine Journeys making the queen a Champion so she had guaranteed back to back appearances not attached to Ash. You love to see it. I’m also sure that characters like Lillie etc don’t need Ash to appear either

SkyBlaze9125

With a new series approaching, I think it time I rate all of Ash Pokémon.

It Pikachu Tier: Regional Ace: Exceptional Performance: Strong I suppose: Your Cute

- Pikachu: Pikachu-tier

- Charizard: Regional Ace tier.

- Bulbasaur: Exceptional Performance

- Squirtle: Exceptional Performance

- Pidgeot: Unknown Potential

-Butterfree: Unknown Potential

-Taurus: Strong I suppose

- Kingler: Strong I suppose

-Mr.Rime: Unknown Potential

- Primeape: Unknown Potential

-Muk: Strong I suppose

-Snorlax: Exceptional Performance

-Lapras: Strong I suppose

-Bayleef: Strong I suppose

-Qualavia: Strong I suppose

- Totodile: Your Cute

- Heracross: Exceptional Performance

- Noctowl: Strong I suppose

-Donphan: Strong I suppose

- Larvitar: Unknown Potential

- Sceptile: Regional Ace

- Corphish: Exceptionak Performance

- Swellow: Exceptionwl Performance

- Torkoal: Steing I suppose

- Glalie: Strong I suppose

-Ambipom: Unknown Potential

- Infernape: Regional Ace

-Torterra: Strong I suppose

-Staraptor: Strong I suppose

- Buizel: Exceptional Performance

- Gliscor: Exceptional Performance

- Gible: Unknown Potential

- Krookodile: Exceptional Performance

- Snivy: Unknown Potential

- Pignite: Unknown Potential

- Oshawaott: Your Cute

- Unfezant; Strong I suppose

- Leavanny: Strong I suppose

- Palpitoad: Strong I suppose

- Boldore: Strong I suppose

- Scraggy: Your Cute

- Greninja: Regional Ace

- Goodra: Strong I suppose

-Noivern: Strong I suppose

- Talonflame: Exceptional Performance

- Hawlucha: Exceptional Performance

-Lycanroc: Exceptional Performance

-Incineroar: Exceptional Performance

- Rowlet: Exceptional Performance

- Naganadel: Unknwon Potential

-Melmetal: Unknown Potential

- Solgaleo: Unknown Potential

- Lucario: Regional Ace

-Sirfetch’d: Regional Ace

- Gengar: Exceptional Performance

- Dragonite: Exceptional Performance

- Dracovish: Exceptional Performance

Sham

The Guardian of War
Given she's not crazy in Pokemon Masters and lacks the outfit Green wears and their names are different...they're different people.
In the manga Green literally takes Leaf’s outfit and looks almost identical to her. I’m not saying different medias don’t have different perspectives but Pokémon Masters isn’t a good case alone. So saying it for sure that they’re different is just.. yea

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I hope the future series is in the same universe
But even then I hope the 11 episode series properly wraps up the companions as well in such a way that we don't really need to see them again necessarily to get full closure
Although I would like semi cameos from time to time depending on when it's time to promote a past region again due to remakes/let's go games/legends/etc.

In the 11 episodes: Maybe. I see Dawn and maybe Serena and Cilan appearing.
In the new series: maybe in cameos if this is a timeskip and Serena could appear a lot if she is the mother of Riko and Ash is the dad

bmw9413

They already stated in the teaser that Ash will revisit ALL of his old friends and Pokemon once more. I believe this is what the Bonnie VA was referring to when she mentioned an XY cast reunion. We'll get to see him reunite with each companion synonymous with the generation he traveled with them for. Everyone will get closure in this miniseries.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
They already stated in the teaser that Ash will revisit ALL of his old friends and Pokemon once more. I believe this is what the Bonnie VA was referring to when she mentioned an XY cast reunion. We'll get to see him reunite with each companion synonymous with the generation he traveled with them for. Everyone will get closure in this miniseries.
I hope you’re right, but what about May?

bmw9413

I hope you’re right, but what about May?
I'm assuming they will recast her VA. And yes, I know Japanese culture typically does not recast unless in special circumstances, but with May/Max returning....this is a special circumstance. Lol

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I'm assuming they will recast her VA. And yes, I know Japanese culture typically does not recast unless in special circumstances, but with May/Max returning....this is a special circumstance. Lol
I guess this might be the moment that will finally push them to do so, it would be weird if every other companion gets screen time minus her.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The queen will finally be returning after being robbed in only having two real episodes in the series. May is given and hopefully we get more on Lillie’s plans a trainer.

Sham

The Guardian of War
May's only real hope to be around is if she's given a pacifier and be the show's Maggie Simpson just to do something without using her voice.
Honestly it is time they recasted her, and it’s not like this is something that’s all that new. Even though it was temporary and she was the main heroine at the time, Bonnie’s voice actor was replaced because of a pregnancy. A lot of people are saying it’s disrespecting KAORI but she’s never outright said she’d be against May being recasted.