• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now that Project Mew is over, what are your thoughts on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Did one for the PWC/M8 and since it's treated as an equal goal, decided to make a thread for PM.

I think it's not over yet... I feel that something will happen soon, something that involves regigigas, asagi, tsurugi, goh and aceburn

Started out promising, ended like trash

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Promising but the actual arc being only two episodes felt dissapointing specially after writting forced Goh to not watch Ash's final match despite he being there for the previous ones. That was nasty

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Poorly thought out and executed. With the actual expedition deeling like the especially pointless and lackluster.

Honestly my least favorite of the milestone goals, unless we’re counting chloe’s. I especially not fond of how all the trials doesn’t feel any different than any random episode in the series. The only thing that was even slightly unique was the battle royale one.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

Decidueye23

Its very mediocre at best. It had a alot of potential. It had a good introduction, with tsurugi and asahi, and Gary oak. But then they squandered it all. Initially it was just Goh and gary. Then they added in tokio. Then they added in random trainers. The world buidling felt very rushed. Definetly needed more time to breathe. They should have made it more like the tag battle episode where ash is just watching , like he did in the previous companion episode. And they should have related it more closer to legendaries. But i ll save that idea for my JN rewrite lmao.

Also i feel like the direction they had to take with Goh fundamentally changed this arc as well. Ever since PM started Goh was relegated more to a companions role than a Co-protagonist role. I am guessing they had to quickly change how they approached Goh as the reception was extremely lukewarm for someone they wanted as a co-protagonist.

Decidueye23

Ain't that the truth. They really went and said "we're gonna give this kid equal level of screentime as Ash, dual protagonists baby!" only to completely neglect Goh's own storyline and spend all their money and efforts on Ash.
They know what sells. Thats why ash is not being replaced either. Audience old and new tune in for Ash. The companions and other characters make the journey fresh. Which is why they are recycled every Gen, while Ash is kept constant.

RetroPokeFan

Kinda boring.

The first few missions were as dull as soggy old dishwater and we barely knew much if anything about the blue girl, the Max Mittelman voiced red haired guy and the professor dude with Mime Jr. And guess what? We still don't and most likely never will.

I'm at least happy there weren't any crazy twists going on with Amaranth being evil because that would have been so undeserved.

Things did look like they were picking up with the last few but then the conclusion happened and I was just left not feeling much.

So in the end Project Mew ending up being Project Mediocre.

BobbbidyBob

I expected more from it....I was actually looking forward to it but eh! It had its moments though mostly the gang interactions were nice plus we got to know a bit more about Mew.

Ryker101

Somewhere between decent - good for the most part. It had a great start with the Oak’s lab ep, setting the bar high with Gary and a legendary raid battle. But the next 3 eps were average, it wasn’t awfully exciting as Goh would just need to catch one pokemon. But I guess you would need to start small and build it up from there

It peaked in the back half for me. Eps 102, 110 and 113 were all great bc they finally put Goh in a group setting and gave him meaningful interactions with Tokio/Gary. He got called out on his flaws, started falling behind and learnt to work together with Gary to develop a mutual respect with him. He was getting pushed to be better by external forces and had a tangible sense of progression, which is exactly what he was missing with his original goal. The ending wasn’t bad but just lackluster and I think Asahi/Tsrugi could’ve done more

Defs overshadowed by PWC but better than what they did with most male companions. They should’ve done it from the start and framed Goh’s goal around it

DuskAstral

I think it's not over yet... I feel that something will happen soon, something that involves regigigas, asagi, tsurugi, goh and aceburn
There will be no such thing.
It was just a random scene in the opening that had nothing to do with the show.
Recall that in the same OP we had "Mega Lucario vs G-max Charizard" which never happened.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Lots of wasted potential.

BlueDragonfangirl

Felt like they just added in here hoping people would grow to like Goh after seeing the horrible feedback they got on him in the earlier episodes, it worked for some here but seeing how i hated that he caught a legenary Pokémon in the first place and adore Mew, good luck.

UnovaMaster

Had Goh's legendary mission been any legendary besides Mew, maybe I'd be dismayed by his goal

But Mew, Mew has always been underexplored by the anime, in addition to it literally being a legend design the series has never outdone

He's a gift, and a great role model all his own, if there was a character I'd hate to see take over for Ash I'd not hesitate to badger the show's direction, but they aren't abandoning the anime's principles at all, if they'd given him any other name for a male you'd all be eating him up

Status
Not open for further replies.