• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now that the dust has been settled, Who was the Biggest Fandom Troll?

Biggest Troll?

• "Ash's" Eevee in Sun/Moon

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • "Ash's" Sobble in Journeys

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • "Chloe's" Galar Ponyta in Journeys

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
The whole "Satoshi's Eievui" situation in SM. While I'm glad that Satoshi didn't actually attain it, in hindsight I do think that the foreshadowing was quite strong, so I don't completely blame people for believing it would happen.

DannyDiglett

Lana's Dewpider, legends say it is still making webs near the school
I still don't get what problem the writers had about not letting Lana catch that Dewpider.

I voted for Chloe and her My Little Pony. With the other two I at least had the feeling they were trolling us and that Ash wouldn't get any Galar starter but with Galarian Ponyta I was convinced Chloe would befriend it first and would catch it in a later episode. Don't ask me why but that Pokémon fit her so much imho.

Last edited:

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Sobble one was definitely the biggest one, and extension Grookey too. Either one of them of them would have been better utilized under Ash's ownership instead of Goh's. Ash could have raised Sobble on screen to become more confident instead of it just being Goh's shoulder mon and later lay around in cave until it gets its unearned evolution, as for Grookey, Ash could have channeled all of its destructive energy into battling, plus it was clearly interested in battling.

Side notes: When Lana Caught Eevee/Sandy(?), I actually didn't really mind all that much. I didn't like the haircut though, made him look like an
acorn.

As for Chloe, here's a fun idea, what if during JN she caught Pokemon based on the types of the Eeveelutions, with G-Ponyta representing the Fairy and Psychic, Yamper being Electric, Lotad being water and grass, and so on with the other eeveelution types, even using that water stone she was given cause you all know that was never gonna be used on Eevee.

ShadowForce720

Dewpider isn't cutesy and marketable

Because Main Girls are only allowed to have conventionally cute and attractive Pokemon since Gen 5
Dewpider isn’t cute? I beg to differ I would argue that Dewpider is a conventionally cute Pokémon certainly more then Mallow’s Tsareena. It wouldn’t even be that hard to market it.

Plus know matter how one tries to argue it Mallow’s Tsareena doesn’t fit the definition of conventionally cute and attractive Pokémon. Otherwise if that was all they cared about the Mallow’s Steenee would have never evolved into a Tsareena.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Dewpider isn’t cute? I beg to differ I would argue that Dewpider is a conventionally cute Pokémon certainly more then Mallow’s Tsareena. It wouldn’t even be that hard to market it.
Most people generally do not find Spiders cute

And as such, a Dewpider wouldn't appeal to little girls (since the Pokegirls were meant to appease the female audience)

Plus know matter how one tries to argue it Mallow’s Tsareena doesn’t fit the definition of conventionally cute and attractive Pokémon. Otherwise if that was all they cared about the Mallow’s Steenee would have never evolved into a Tsareena.
????
Tsareena literally looks like a pretty princess/maiden made out of grass, how is that not conventionally attractive?

Hell it got a whole Sailor Moon reference in the Anime

This thing literally designed with young girls in mind

ShuckFam

The writers. I’m glad they were able to secure Pokémon as their project for their college internship, but they really phoned it in with the Journeys writing and they gave no ****s!

Honestly, good on them. We stan people who can make money with minimal effort.
I think this is the best answer. You can link the trolling from the writers to Serebii's most infamous trolls. If you go from DP upwards, it's like the writers had a prime target on here for each saga.

In DP, Trollbias was brought in to crush the 'champion league' dreams of Cybercubed. They then reset him in BW to push him further into insanity. In the XY days, Cricket was their new target. Trolling him first with MCX's blasto bahn and making Serena go away. You could argue they trolled him further in SM with the introduction of Lille, but I feel like this character was introduced to nurture SatoSere's hidden violent tendencies and bring them out into the open. In JN, I think they went back to trolling Cricket (making Lucario star, having Serena episodes where she has limited interactions with Ash, teasing Ash Greninja's return only for him to exist power up his most hated Jackal, etc).

Rune Knight

In one of the posters, Eevee was literally placed right in front of Ash.

SM_key_visual_4.png

I know that it's not meant to automatically imply a potential capture but still, don't play with my heart like that!

Last edited:

Litleonid

Sobble for sure. I recall some pages in Corocoro featuring Sobble placed by Ash (But by Goh as well), but most infamously of all was the preview showing a clip of Sobble paired with a voice over of Ash asking G-Farfetch'd to join his team, making people think Ash would catch Sobble.