• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now That's Flower Power! (309)

Was neat to see Drew for the first time in this saga.
He reminds me of Gary with the way he talks to May.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked seeing May and Beautifly practice their appeal at the beach, but Drew irked me with his passive aggressive arrogance to be frank. Anyway, I was glad that Jessie and Dustox practiced as well, and seeing Poke Blocks being mentioned was cool as well. Torchic's little adventure to find the berry was funny and I loved the fireworks scene.

phanpycross

God-king
Sigh, I REALLY ****ing hate this episode, and Drew in general honestly, He's and May's "subplot" is awful IMO, and one of the reasons why I dont rewatch AG a lot despite it prolly being my favorite saga.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Sigh, I REALLY ****ing hate this episode, and Drew in general honestly, He's and May's "subplot" is awful IMO, and one of the reasons why I dont rewatch AG a lot despite it prolly being my favorite saga.

LOL, even if you don't like shipping I fail to see why it prevents you from liking the episode as it was rather good overall.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wasnt talking about shipping, I just think Drew is a garbage character, and I guess my hate was more aimed at him than the actual episode. :/

Is it because of shipping or his actual character? He starts off similar to Gary but this is only in his first few appearances.

phanpycross

God-king
Is it because of shipping or his actual character? He starts off similar to Gary but this is only in his first few appearances.

A bit of both if im being complete honest, I never liked the arrogant douchebag stereotype, and I felt that turning him into a love interest was a cop-out, just because they had a character girls seemed to like.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yay Drew's debut episode! I liked how he was condescending to May and I thought that Torchic eating the Bluk berries was actually very funny. I also liked how Beautifly had learned Silver Wind. :3

JudySpell

Banned
Drew had a huge ego problem but I liked his Roselia and May's Beautifly gaining a new attack was improvement. 6.5/10

I didn't think Drew was a pleasant rival when he appeared here. He was too much like Gary, but I thought that his Roselia's moves were pretty. :)

Zamin

It was funny when Torchic ate the bluk berries. Drew reminds me of Gary, that seems like the sort of rivalry May will have with him.

One thing as an aside, why the hec doesn't Max have a Pokemon? There are young kids with Pokemon in the game, and even in the anime, so why can't Max have one? A seedot form a few episodes previous would have been nice as they get on well. I know the official age is 10 but this seems to be broken a lot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Okay so this Contest arc felt refreshing after the painful Dewford Island arc. I thought this was a nice episode as both for introducing Drew and seeing May starting to finally practice and seeing both her Pokémon in the spotlight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was surprised by how quickly Satoshi arrived in Kaina City, but this gave us a chance to see Haruka practice Appeals with her Agehunt. I liked that Musashi was doing the same with her Dokucale, and Shuu's debut was both fascinating and irksome since he had a major ego. The Polock explanation scene was great though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, Shuu's debut made him seem like a watered-down Shigeru, except that Shuu was slightly more fancy. I loved that his ace Pokemon was a Roselia however, because it was fitting for someone as vain as Shuu.

Drew is a good character, and he and May are a cute couple. LMAO TRio imitating Wobbuffet is awesome. Mudkip firework!