• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Now THIS is a nice Game Boy...

Poison Master

A Local Person
oooo that is lovely! I want it, it also reminds me of the competition to win the golden Zelda SP (I think it was an SP anyways) when Minish Cap came out.

T

Tobbin

Poison Master said:
oooo that is lovely! I want it, it also reminds me of the competition to win the golden Zelda SP (I think it was an SP anyways) when Minish Cap came out.

Not sure if you saw this, but if you actually go to order one, it says this:

The weblink there said:
To order this watch email us at info@swisssupply.com, or call Toll Free 1-888-294-2221, or fax us at 305-379-2226 to inquire as to the availability of the watch. Watches may be reserved by voice mail, e-mail, or fax, and are held on a first-come, first-serve basis. All messages will be responded to promptly.

Hmmm. Does it work or is it just a showpiece. I guess it doesn't matter if it works. Like you said, you wouldn't want to scratch/mar it. ;o)

Twitch

;227; Yes peeps, it's... it's... Sheer pointlessness! Yours for only 25,000$!
Did I mention that you can get the original for 'bout 5 bucks on Ebay and a much better system for 150$! If you call in 30 minutes, you will receive a FREE platinum encased Link Cable, normally worth 10,000$!

Why, just WHY is this necessary? Even if it works it still only plays the original games. I'd rather spend that money on a Gold DS. Or even better, buy a NORMAL DS and have 24,995 bucks to spend on other stuff!
It's pretty cool, but still.
If I had this Game Boy, I'd sell it and buy DS games.

R

Random

Hahaha, that's pretty cool. I wouldn't want one, but it's neat to know that people make this kinda stuff.

Mimori Kiryu

That's pretty cool. Be neat if I could have one. ;D

W

WinterSnowblind

Waste of money. They've done the same thing with an Xbox 360 faceplate, and it still just looks like it's been spray painted. If you wanted a gold looking gameboy that bad, then I'm sure you can buy one that LOOKS gold. Sure it's not quite the same, but at least you're not a moron that way.

Bulk

If I become a millionaire, I'd get one just for the fun of it. I mean, why not?

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Waste of money.
How ironic... this comming from an owner of a 360 (Or I would assume so.)

I jest, I jest.

Anyways... them crazy swiss watch people.

Why does it say "TEST" at the top? Well, anyways, you get some old games... so... you save... $10?

W

WinterSnowblind

Hao Kaiser said:
How ironic... this comming from an owner of a 360 (Or I would assume so.)

I jest, I jest.

Anyways... them crazy swiss watch people.

Why does it say "TEST" at the top? Well, anyways, you get some old games... so... you save... $10?

Way to randomly bash consoles! I bet you feel really proud of yourself. If you're buying a next gen console to play EA games, then you deserve to be ripped off.

-Koumori-

Skarmory211 said:
It's pretty cool, but still.
If I had this Game Boy, I'd sell it and buy DS games.
[Parental-like lecture]Are you kidding me? I would highly suggest investing that kind of money if you ever got a hold of it. Wait until you've retired, and see how much it's grown.[/Parental-like lecture]

It's neat that people do this, I agree, but anyone who actually spends money like that on a useless cause like a Golden Gameboy is beyond saving @_@

Off-topic: Is it just me, or has the blatant, vicious attacks on opposing consoles increased immensely in the past little while?

W

WinterSnowblind

-Koumori- said:
[Parental-like lecture]Are you kidding me? I would highly suggest investing that kind of money if you ever got a hold of it. Wait until you've retired, and see how much it's grown.[/Parental-like lecture]

It's neat that people do this, I agree, but anyone who actually spends money like that on a useless cause like a Golden Gameboy is beyond saving @_@

Off-topic: Is it just me, or has the blatant, vicious attacks on opposing consoles increased immensely in the past little while?

It's always going to happen at a new console launch. Jealousy, or whatever it is. I just wish someone would actually inforce the rules about randomly bashing consoles..

-Koumori-

Shadowfax said:
It's always going to happen at a new console launch. Jealousy, or whatever it is. I just wish someone would actually inforce the rules about randomly bashing consoles..
Close-mindedness is another description that comes to mind. I have no problems with people that dislike X-Box, but they go out of their way to gnaw at it, trying to bring it down like it's some sort of symbol of heresy >.>; I myself don't own an X-Box, or a 360, but there's reasons which I've stated in other threads.

1) I'm an RPG person, for the most part. Sony and Nintendo cover me there. Nintendo also has those games with endless entertainment value, like Animal Crossing. I realize that the 360 is probably going to have some RPG's, but not for a while at least, but one or two good games isn't worth buying a console in my eyes.

2) I don't have $500 to spend on something I hardly have time to use.

On topic: I'm a little curious now. Who would waste REAL gold and diamonds on an old electronic device? Has the world gone mad? I don't think lining the outer edges of the screen with diamonds was done with any amount of pocket change. Maybe they made this thing with the hopes that someone could use it as bling. Just hang it from a chain around your neck and voila! You're hip to the vibe.

Chris

Old Coot
For those unaware, that is REAL gold that the cover and buttons have been layered with. Plus you have the diamonds placed around the screen.

Sure, it's not necessary, but you'd be suprised by all the useless junk rich people throw their money at. If any of you even did manage to get your hands on one, I'd certainly hope it was for eBay purposes. :(