• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NPC's with the weirdest Pokemon!!!

SC0TT

Drift King
Well I mean, not the WEIRDEST Pokemon, but Pokemon you'd never expect them to have. Have any of you come accross any?? Just last night whilst in the Battle Frontier I came accross this....

Roughneck Rodney sent out BEAUTIFLY! ;267;

Wow he's a sure roughneck.... I was so suprised

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Well a lot of trainers in the Battle Tower don't have pokemon that fit their character so that's no surprise. I personally think it's weird that Burglars have Fire types, I mean, what's the connection?

col_serra

<------ is hot!
cueball + cleffa = FAIL

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Roughneck Kirby sent out Cleffa!

Seriously. He's in the Lost Tower in DPPt.

Well a lot of trainers in the Battle Tower don't have pokemon that fit their character so that's no surprise. I personally think it's weird that Burglars have Fire types, I mean, what's the connection?

Burglars with fire types? Arsonists. ;D They burn down buidlings after they steal what they want, I presume.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of those Roughnecks/Bikers in HGSS sends out Teddiursa and Marill I believe. I forget his name since I cannot read Japanese.

Blueysicle

Master Procratinator
Personally, I'm waiting for the day where a trainer, preferably a Pokemon Breeder, has a Skitty and Wailord on the same team.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Poor Fisherman Andrew. Always saying he'll win, yet always losing. Perhaps it has something to do with his Magikraps?

Pikapwned3

Mr. Pringles
Rough neck Kirby and his mighty... CLEFFA!

Pikapwned3

Mr. Pringles
Rough neck Kirby and his mighty... CLEFFA!

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
^^ Roughneck Kirby was presumably also named after a cute pink character (Kirby) and he has a Cleffa...real men are pink!

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Burglars with fire types? Arsonists. ;D They burn down buidlings after they steal what they want, I presume.

Well then they should have been called Arsonist instead of Burglars. I haven't heard too many stories about Burglars robbing a place and then just burning it down after. I still don't see the connection between them and fire-types.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Well then they should have been called Arsonist instead of Burglars. I haven't heard too many stories about Burglars robbing a place and then just burning it down after. I still don't see the connection between them and fire-types.

They do tend to use fire types. Also, their Japanese name is roughly translated as post-fire burglar which is strange but still fitting to the situation, as they are only encountered in the burned mansion in Red and Blue. It still doesn't imply arson, though.

-Flaming Charizard-

And the cat goes moo
Kirby and Cleffa look alike... hehehehe...

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
They do tend to use fire types. Also, their Japanese name is roughly translated as post-fire burglar which is strange but still fitting to the situation, as they are only encountered in the burned mansion in Red and Blue. It still doesn't imply arson, though.

Perhaps this will just stay as one of the GAZILLION mysterious of the pokemon world. sigh...

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
One of those Roughnecks/Bikers in HGSS sends out Teddiursa and Marill I believe. I forget his name since I cannot read Japanese.

You are quite right (I saw the guy on Jimmy31428's YouTube HGSS Playthrough), but like you I do not know the biker's name. Definitely a strange pair of Pokemon for a tough guy, but at least he has a soft side.

The strangest Pokemon I have seen on a certain trainer's team would have to be Gentleman Walter's Golduck in Emerald. I was not expecting to see that Pokemon on the rematch roster of a class who use almost exclusively mammals like Linoone and Manectric, especially since he did not have a Psyduck at any point.

STICKTOPIA

In the battle tower they'll have pokemon different from how what u would normally expect.