• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N's real parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt0044

^I'd like to think he lived in the forest starting when he was four and able to speak well enough. Ghetsis may've taught him how to speak better after finding him.

I think it's safe to say that N's dramatic storyline is never going to be refered to again. You know how bad Pokemon is with plots. (Hey! My 1000th post!!! :D)

Well, it tends to take place from your PC's perspective and leaves things like these open for interpretation. Makes for good fanfic fuel.

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
Actually, Anthea and Concordia SAID that. But that does that mean that's what really happened?
Remember, they said that they were adopted by Ghetsis but just that. Were they adopted in the same place and time as N? All the two girls know is Ghetsis adopted both themselves and N. But do they know what happened to N before Ghetsis adopted him?

My guess is something like this:
-Ghetsis wants to rule the Unova region
-Researches about the power of the Legendary dragons
-Finds out the dragon needs to recognize you as a worthy hero
-Realizes he's not meant to be a hero and went to "create" a "hero" he can manipulate
-Humps N's mom
-Divorce and Steals N
-Deliberately leaves N in the forest so that pokemon can raise him, thus allowing N to understand pokemon a lot better than humans could ever hope to do(Step 1 complete)
-Went on a journey to find the other sages and adopted Anthea and Concordia(Notice how he did this LATER. Meaning the two girls haven't seen N yet)(step 2 complete)
-Went back to the forest to get N with his new ability of communicating with pokemon(Step 3 complete)
-Could have adopted Anthea and Concordia LATER(Step 2/3 complete)
-With the wisdom of the other six sages he then grooms N to become king(Step 4 complete)
-N befriends Legendary dragon(Step 5 complete)
-What Ghetsis wanted to happen was for N to befriend the legendary dragon and manipulate him from behind the scenes in to doing his will since he can't control the legendary dragon(Unfortunately for Ghetsis this did not happen because the protagonist of BW1 stopped his plans)

Please open your mind when reading this

that's what i though happened any way but i thought he rid it so the pokemon that raised him were all pokemon that were abused by people forcing him to draw to the only conclusion he could with that information, that people and pokemon can't live together *dun dun dun*

but then again i over think every thing

As over dramatic as my theory is, I feel like it's an interesting one nonetheless.

I personally think that Ghetis is N's uncle, and he killed N's father in a Hamlet-esque political squabble.

It's generally believed that the Harmonias are related to the twin brothers that awakened the dragons. What if Ghetis and N's father are a reincarnation of this squabble? Perhaps one of them represented truth, and the other represented ideals, and they themselves fought each other for power over the Harmonia name. N's father was perhaps the one destined to take the throne, for whatever reason, or maybe it's because he had a son which Ghetis had no offspring to pass on the crown to. It wouldn't exactly be out of Ghetis's character to murder in order to gain power. It also wouldn't be too unbelievable that he would leave his nephew out in the wilderness to die, and not give a second thought.
Ghetis adopted the two girls as a way to secure his rights to his throne, but found out that without Harmonia blood, they didn't count. This is where his scheme to create Team Plasma came in. Bear in mind that the "royal blood" no longer has any power, and is only really known to the Harmonia's, and perhaps even the sages are part of this prophecy. The Harmonias lack power, and are the only ones who can reawaken the dragons and reclaim being the true rulers of Unova. However, people will be naturally resistant to this change, and Ghetis knew that. He knew that the only was for him to have power was through stripping the nation of it's power sources. However, his bitter heart would not be able to reawaken the dragon, so after many years, he went into the woods to discover his long lost nephew as true heir to the throne: N.

What do you think? Do you think this is plausible?

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
As over dramatic as my theory is, I feel like it's an interesting one nonetheless.

I personally think that Ghetis is N's uncle, and he killed N's father in a Hamlet-esque political squabble.

It's generally believed that the Harmonias are related to the twin brothers that awakened the dragons. What if Ghetis and N's father are a reincarnation of this squabble? Perhaps one of them represented truth, and the other represented ideals, and they themselves fought each other for power over the Harmonia name. N's father was perhaps the one destined to take the throne, for whatever reason, or maybe it's because he had a son which Ghetis had no offspring to pass on the crown to. It wouldn't exactly be out of Ghetis's character to murder in order to gain power. It also wouldn't be too unbelievable that he would leave his nephew out in the wilderness to die, and not give a second thought.
Ghetis adopted the two girls as a way to secure his rights to his throne, but found out that without Harmonia blood, they didn't count. This is where his scheme to create Team Plasma came in. Bear in mind that the "royal blood" no longer has any power, and is only really known to the Harmonia's, and perhaps even the sages are part of this prophecy. The Harmonias lack power, and are the only ones who can reawaken the dragons and reclaim being the true rulers of Unova. However, people will be naturally resistant to this change, and Ghetis knew that. He knew that the only was for him to have power was through stripping the nation of it's power sources. However, his bitter heart would not be able to reawaken the dragon, so after many years, he went into the woods to discover his long lost nephew as true heir to the throne: N.

Sounds legit. The idea I came up with was that N could possibly be a descendent of the Viridiangroves or at least a distant cousin to them as the manga tends to kinda run side-by-side in a way with the games. The idea is plausible since 1. Ghetsis found N in a forest, 2. Ghetsis was accustomed to traveling large distances as implied by the sages when they said he rounded them up from the most odd of places. 3. This has been the only template of a human character being able to communicate with Pokemon. 4. N's hair is kinda like a yellowish-green. These are really interesting topics when it comes to theorizing, but I believe mine, while plausible sounding, is one of the more far-fetched ideas out there.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!

It is plausible, but one major factor is not taken into consideration... Hilbert/Hilda can also re-awaken the dragons. If that story really is what happened, I doubt that just anyone with 8 gym badges and who is kind to pokemon can do such a thing. There might be some sort of truth to it, but I think there is a part where Hilbert/Hilda are related to N would make more sense... like N's father left N's mother because of the affair with Hilbert/Hilda's mother. N's mother then realizes she can't handle a kid, and leaves him in the woods some how. N might actually know something about this because it feels like he almost targets Hilbert/Hilda in BW... like more than just a random person who has pokemon that like them...

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
It is plausible, but one major factor is not taken into consideration... Hilbert/Hilda can also re-awaken the dragons. If that story really is what happened, I doubt that just anyone with 8 gym badges and who is kind to pokemon can do such a thing. There might be some sort of truth to it, but I think there is a part where Hilbert/Hilda are related to N would make more sense... like N's father left N's mother because of the affair with Hilbert/Hilda's mother. N's mother then realizes she can't handle a kid, and leaves him in the woods some how. N might actually know something about this because it feels like he almost targets Hilbert/Hilda in BW... like more than just a random person who has pokemon that like them...

While that sounds nice, I don't think it would work as when Hilbert/Hilda Black/White was first approached by N, as I recall, he said he approached them because of what he heard their/your pokemon saying about you. I think my theory sounds more plausible despite being far-fetched and relying on manga information more so than the game's.

FallBird

there's pretty good rumor out there that N is a zoroark.. I don't beleive it... but the rumor is pretty scary lol

I haven't heard this one. o_O

I feel like Ghetsis really is his real father, due to physical resemblances, and that he either didn't know about N or dumped him in the forest himself, and just pretended that N wasn't his real son. And then maybe he went back after hearing rumors that N could talk with Pokemon...?

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
While that sounds nice, I don't think it would work as when Hilbert/Hilda Black/White was first approached by N, as I recall, he said he approached them because of what he heard their/your pokemon saying about you. I think my theory sounds more plausible despite being far-fetched and relying on manga information more so than the game's.

Even if N doesn't know that the player IS related, he might have heard something no one else (besides the twin hero) could have a pokemon say. He never outright tells you what the pokemon said, just that it liked you. It could have said something about you being the trainer with the best truths/ideals depending on what game... or even something that he would barely understand the meaning of. Either way, I think there is plenty unanswered in BWB2W2...

matt0044

I think Hilda/Hilbert might be related to N but only distantly. Like they're directly descended from each twin hero (Hilda/bert from the Hero of Truth and N from the Hero of Ideals in Black and vica versa in White). After the war where Reshiram and Zekrom changed into stones to rest eternally (or so they thought), the wives of each of the heroes and their children fled to safety and though each family secretly knew of their heritage, they never knew of the other.

So with that theory in mind, Ferriswheelshipping is still okay.

And I still think that N isn't Ghetsis's son by blood. Given how hair color in the Pokemon world has more variety that our's, the green hair could be a coincidence. That or he dyed it to make N and other think he was the father by blood as the Sages were unsure. Plus, from facial features alone, I don't think they look THAT much alike and pale skin isn't that rare.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Even if N doesn't know that the player IS related, he might have heard something no one else (besides the twin hero) could have a pokemon say. He never outright tells you what the pokemon said, just that it liked you. It could have said something about you being the trainer with the best truths/ideals depending on what game... or even something that he would barely understand the meaning of. Either way, I think there is plenty unanswered in BWB2W2...

True. But try taking a look at my theory if you or anyone else haven't already (and I'm guessing that was the case since people just seem to have not acknowledged it.) It's a post right above yours that I replied to earlier. It's seems like a much higher plausibility than that one person's, unless of course someone else makes a better one. As for the hero and descending, from my knowledge, you don't have to be descended from the heroes to be chosen, you just need a strong enough resolve. And as seen in BW2, if going by heredity, it's possible for more than two heroes to exist at one time, it's just that one must pass down their title to one the next descendant of the line, but I think that's not the case as the main of BW2 is a complete stranger to all of this really, so they aren't exactly heroes.

Last edited:

Pokemonspecialgerman

I am staunch that N has just one and only parent.. the almighty Arceus! ...seriously!

And I wonder why no one else think that way. There are tons of hints for this theory o.o
Just look at the abyssal ruins. It's obvious that they wrote about Arceus there. (f. ex. because you can find all his plates there)
They wrote about a "King" with supernatural powers.. Why would someone call a god like Arceus "King"?
Maybe Game Freak just wanted to build a connection to our favorite king N?
Or have you ever read the different inscriptions in the ruins? For example "King talks to all beings" like N, he can talk to pokemon and humans.
Or by the way: What does "Primes lead to truth" mean? Does the king randomly like maths like N? Why would they wrote something like that?

And if you managed to dive to the deepest part of the ruins.. Zinzolin will say something truly intersting.
The King in this ruins had special powers and it could be possible that these powers will be inherited to a progeny.
"An extremely wonderful king was laid to rest in those ruins. If that king has descendants, maybe those special powers were passed down…"
Why would Game Freak make him say something like that? They want us to believe that Arceus got a child.. with special powers.. a "new king".
And if I remember correctly someone in Game Freak said that N is "the child of Pokemon" or something.

N isn't just the child of a Zoroark. He can't change his appearance at all. N is unique: The son of Arceus!
That's my personal opinion, of course. But what do you think? All just coincidences?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think he got lost as child. I think the Zoark is his parent rumors are true

Hoshira

This is based off a thought I had so please do not take offense to what I think about N's birth.

Due to the fact that Ghetsis and N have the same hair color it could be possible that N is the younger brother of Ghetsis. As a child Ghetsis left on a pokemon journey leaving his father and pregnant mother behind. N is born and the two parents die in an accident (fire, car crash etc) leaving an orphaned N to be raised by pokemon.

Ghetsis comes back from his journey with a desire to change things in the world of pokemon for his own benefit. He finds out that his parents are dead and his little brother is missing. When the news of a boy who can talk to pokemon reaches him he is filled with the urge to use the child as a pawn in his plans to take over Unova. Ghetsis eventually does find the child and sees how the two of them are alike in terms of looks and hair color. He realizes the boy is his little brother and names him N (Natural) deciding to lie and say that he is his father in order to keep a tight hold on the boy's mind.

It could be possible because the two have the same hair...Ghetsis could be N's uncle or cousin.

Last edited:

matt0044

It could be possible because the two have the same hair...Ghetsis could be N's uncle or cousin.

The uncle idea reminds me of The Lion King. Freaky coincidence, really.

stoutshako

Pokwmon Detective
im pretty sure they died .. sadly.

GreatGonzales

The Master
This is one of the thousands of insignificant minor facts unrevealed and unknown by Nintendo or the general public. It's just another mystery. Like why do you never have a father barring 3rd generation?

Dragonquester

Fear the dragon
Who cares about his parents? N is awesome, so just leave it at that.

lollygag

Banned
Personally, I think it is totally possible that N's parents are still alive. Maybe N will be reunited with them one day.

I had written a few non-canon notes on the identity of N's parents in a scrapbook of mine. This was for a possible fanfic where N finds information on them.

I think Concordia and Anthea have separate parents from N, but they are sisters.

matt0044

Personally, I think it is totally possible that N's parents are still alive. Maybe N will be reunited with them one day.

Like they lost him in the forest and thought he was dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.