• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

N's real parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer0336

Poison Sympathist
Perhaps Ghetsis had one of his many scientists work on gene splicing human DNA, specifically his own, and Pokemon DNA, specifically Zoroark.

Could be that the results were catastrophic and the labs were lost or destroyed similar to Mewtwo's lab of origin. Or maybe the end results were deemed as failures and the remains were disposed of in the woods.

Kind of a stretch, but bare with me... maybe N is a test tube baby and the scientists not gaining the results they desired (or some sort of Mewtwo like accident happened *shrug*) the remnants of the experimentation was left in the woods where Darmanitan and Zoroa found and raised N.

matt0044

ns real parents are ggehtsis and colress. colress was mpreg

images

emawerna

It is perfectly possible that N's parents turned him over to Ghetsis willingly without them dying and without Ghetsis being the real father or a relative of N. If Ghetsis is a "king" or government official, it is perfectly possible that N was turned over to him to become the ward of the state for whatever reason.

I like the idea mentioned by a previous post that N is a high level autistic. Autism is the inability to "filter" sensory information, especially as is necessary to understand social cues. It is possible for someone like that to pick up on things that others don't, making it possible to understand the mood of pokemon if not a basic communication structure.

Since N is still has the instinct to be social and since pokemon communication and moods are more simple and straightforward, N could be more comfortable around pokemon than he is around people. That could be why he lives in the woods. It is fitting given that satoshi tajiri, the creator of pokemon, is a high level autistic who spent his childhood collecting insects in the forest.

In literature, there is something called the "unreliable narrator." It means that you can't necessarily trust what you hear from the narrator, and the narrator typically doesn't tell you himself that he is unreliable. For instance, N might not be an orphan or might have "orphaned" himself by declaring that his parents were "dead to him."

N could "communicate" with pokemon by knowing what they are feeling because a lot of communication is non-verbal. As for a higher level of communication, I am skeptical. A lot doesn't fit right regarding N. He should NOT have learned anything earth shattering from his battles with you.

If he can have high level conversation with a pokemon, some pokemon at some point would have had to say: "some humans are not that bad," even if the pokemon had simply observed nice humans without being owned by one. The other possibility is that you are the only or one of a very small number of trainers who are actually nice to pokemon in the pokemon world and that is why no pokemon that N has spoken to has ever known a nice trainer.
If your character is quite literally the only person in the game that doesn't abuse pokemon, N should recognize for the unusual exception that you are and continued to believe what he had believed about trainers other than you. After all, he spent his entire life having conversations with pokemon and never ran across a pokemon who knew a person like you.
Also, why didn't he know what Ghetsis was about if he could literally have conversations with pokemon? Some pokemon owned by the evil team would have communicated to N at some point that Ghetsis himself abused pokemon on a regular basis.
Regardless of the exact scenario, little should genuinely surprise N about pokemon-human relations if he can genuinely have a full conversation with a pokemon.

N might also be mistaken about how easily he can communicate with pokemon. For one, there are not unbiased independent observers who also understand pokemon and can "grade him" on how accurate he is. I am also reminded of my cousin (who isn't autistic). She used to think (and may still think) that she has a particularly strong bond with animals and could communicate with them. Maybe she does have an extra strong bond, but she overestimated its strength. One time, we rented horses to ride, and she started whispering to her horse. This made the horse very nervous. She sensed that the horse was nervous and whispered reassurance. I am certain the horse was nervous because it knew she was talking to it but not loudly enough for the horse to hear any of the words. (Horses like a lot of domestic animals can recognize individual words even if they can't understand a sentence.) Also, the horse was probably nervous because my cousin was doing something he was not used to.

Last edited:

Qvalador

tainted holy water
I can feel the fanfic oppurtunity here.

I'm relatively sure N's parents cast him out. Ghetsis, it seems, found him in the wild when he was young and took him under his care, along with the two girls whose names I cannot recall. I've always thought that perhaps the two girls were his sisters, but there's no way to tell. Despite N being adopted, he bears a striking resemblance to Ghetsis, and the official Black and White Strategy Guide refers to N as Ghetsis' son and not his stepson, so...

matt0044

Despite N being adopted, he bears a striking resemblance to Ghetsis, and the official Black and White Strategy Guide refers to N as Ghetsis' son and not his stepson, so...

Adopted son maybe. Who knows? Maybe Ghetsis gave him and/or N a makeover to make it seem like that so when N became Unova's new king, he'd be able to manipulate his own son as he ruled.

Zamin

I think he could be a Zoroark, that is the impression I got playing Black 2.

Celeb¡

Making Mega Celebi
Well, yep N being an orphan lost his parents early on, I suppose they were affected by some sort of attack by Team Plasma, or maybe they were simply poor and had faced destitution. Ghetsis learned this boy's talents early on and went on to adopt him and manipulate him. It's a very good fanfic opportunity. Or he was banished from his family maybe. There are a lot of possibilities, I say.

pokefreakceetje

I think N and his sisters are crashed with his parents with a concorde from the real world and came in a portal. So he was in a forest and then Gethsis found him on his sixth. N did always eat berries with his pokémon he found and became friendly with them. So his hair became green after too much berries. And Gethsis could barely understand there was a other world. N was allergic after too much berries.

Daveo100

I like Chesse
Around about Gen 1 team plasma was created by Ghetsis with the sole purpose of ruling Unova using the legendary dragon Zekrom and Reshiram
Then Ghetsis tries to awaken Zekrom (Reshiram) and fails.
Realising he can't be a hero he tries to find a hero
He finds N and attacks his family
N's mum hides N in the forest and then get killed by Ghetsis.
N gets adopted by Zoroark
N becomes friend with Zoroark son Zorua
N mask a lot of friends who he catches later on when Ghetsis tell him to
Ghetsis finds N and to remove any suspicions he gives him he last name Harmonia
Ghetsis isolates N from he would and tells him story about people who use pokemon to battle and that it hurts the pokemon and that it is against it free will
He hired six of the seven sages and made himself one
He then he then adopts Anthea and Concordia to take care of him.

Last edited:

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
I think that n's parent just left he in a forest or he ran of or something like that not much to it

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy

Schmmidtty

Schmmidtty
I believe that N is from the Kalos region. The connections between the two regions are amazing. Inside this spoiler is a bunch of spoilers, and myself drawing connections and coming up with an idea of N's relatives
Durring the play through through X and Y, when you visit the parfum palace, you learn that the king had two sons that controlled separated dragons, just like the two sons in the tales of unova. This is also supported by the statue of reshiram and zekrom. Ghethis might have been traveling, learning about the dragons there, and found N. We may not know N's parents, but I belive AZ is his great great relative. We learned that Lysander is a descendent of one brother, I belive N is of the other, as N stands for pokemon, and Lysander stands for human. After the events of BW, N traveled to a far away region and confronted Lysander after his defeat, that's when looker in BW post game says he got word of N in a far away reigon. Looker soon discovers the problems of team flare, recruits you, while N goes back to unova, and in BW2 confronts Gehtis and saves you on time.

Ruas

^ Interesting. Can somebody confirm this? Can the plot line in XY really take place at the same time the B2W2 plot line?

torty73

I think N was a abandoned orphan, Ghetis raised him. etc etc
Maybe he might return in the next game as a minor character e.g. living in a forest and tell the player his backstory or have a minor roll.

After reading some of these, and thinking along the same lines, I'm inclined to agree that N was raised by Zoroarks.

Silicone

Poison Moth
I believe that N is from the Kalos region. The connections between the two regions are amazing. Inside this spoiler is a bunch of spoilers, and myself drawing connections and coming up with an idea of N's relatives
Durring the play through through X and Y, when you visit the parfum palace, you learn that the king had two sons that controlled separated dragons, just like the two sons in the tales of unova. This is also supported by the statue of reshiram and zekrom. Ghethis might have been traveling, learning about the dragons there, and found N. We may not know N's parents, but I belive AZ is his great great relative. We learned that Lysander is a descendent of one brother, I belive N is of the other, as N stands for pokemon, and Lysander stands for human. After the events of BW, N traveled to a far away region and confronted Lysander after his defeat, that's when looker in BW post game says he got word of N in a far away reigon. Looker soon discovers the problems of team flare, recruits you, while N goes back to unova, and in BW2 confronts Gehtis and saves you on time.
That, and the fact that their hair colors are green and red :3
I like this theory

Status
Not open for further replies.