• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NU team

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Hey guys, i like using teams no-one expects, this makes the NU tier perfect for me. Notes SpD=special defense, Spd=speed. Without further ado, here is my team;

Regirock @sitrus berry
Clear Body
252 Hp, 252 SpD, 4 Atk
Brave
Stealth Rock
Stone edge
Earthquake
Drain Punch

Notes: This guy is mainly used as a lead, but i also want him to be able to take any type of hit. Brave nature i only have in case i want to switch drain punch with gyro ball.

Meganium @leftovers
OverGrow
252 Hp, 128 Def, 128 SpD
Modest
Toxic
giga Drain
Dragon Tail
Protect

Notes: This set kinda contradicts itself. However Dragon Tail will switch out pokemon it otherwise would have to switch out of instead of wall.

Absol @muscle band
Super Luck
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
jolly
Super Power
Zen Headbut
Night Slash
Sucker Punch

Notes: dark/fighting combo gets complete neutral covereage against all but bug/poison types. zen headbut takes care of those.

Luxray @life orb
Guts
128 Atk, 128 SpA, 252 Spd
Hardy
Thunderbolt
Wild Charge
Hidden Power Fighting
Night Slash

Notes: Luxray is used as my mixed sweeper kinda. 2 electric moves to have a stab on anything that has high def or high SpD and low for the other.

Gardevoir @light clay
Synchronize
252 Hp, 252 SpA, 4 Def
Timid
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power Fighting

Notes: My dual screener, can take hits and dish them out to.

Magmortar @wise specs
vital spirit
252 Hp, 252 SpA, 4 Def
modest
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Dark

Notes: He's my primary special offense, flame body to scare off physical threats.

Any comments would be welcome as well as a pokemon to be taken out for a rapid spinner. Ive used this team once and it worked pretty well.

Last edited:

mudkipinator

Living life
Your team seems fine overall. The items could use some work, switch muscle band on absol to choice scarf or life orb and change wise specs on magmortar to leftovers or life orb. you could also try a curse rest/sleep talk set on regirock so it can get better healing.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I plan on having regirock set up sr though, so if I did do rest talk set I would have to not use curse (weakening it's attack) or not use sr, compromising my want of sr. I might switch out another pokemon for it as long as you can give me a good nu lead that can set sr up and also goes with this team

mudkipinator

Living life
if all you want to do is st up stealth rock then use eviolite piloswine instead its really bulky with evolite and easily sets up stealth rocks.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Thats the one that makes you immune to sleeping right? I've been facing a lot of amoongus that run spore lately so that's definitely a change I'm going to make

destructo

Yes it is. Flame body isn't that good compared since magmortar can't take physical hits that well to abuse it. Btw, I think you should switch luxray for Swellow. Luxray dies p quickly after toxic and recoil. Luxray just doesn't have good enough coverage to make a good mix sweeper