• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NU Team

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I'm thinking about doing competitive Pokemons and I wanna do NU and someday face my idol. The self proclaimed NU King. So I just wanna get judged on my team and see if there are any suggestions because I am missing items. I'm willing to take suggestions for changes because I'm still not the best and I don't see really good synergy between Pokemon.

What I'm going for here is a BW NU team.

Banette @Lefties
Frisk
Relaxed
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Knock Off
Will-O-Wisp
Sucker Punch
Trick Room

One of my Trick Roomers. Knocking off useful items is helpful and I can know who has what too. I don't know if you get your item back after switching out or what but still. Will-O-Wisp is fun. Sucker Punch is just strong. Trick Room is for Trick Room. Will-O-Wisp I'm on the fence about... I could easily switch it for something else. Knock Off I could also do without and replace with something with power, but I kind of like the idea.

Gothitelle @ Light Clay
Frisk
Sassy
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp Def
Psychic
Light Screen
Reflect
Trick Room

A dual screener AND Trick Room user!?! MADNESS! Yeah, whatever. I know using all three leaves one of the screens at about... 5 turns and the other at 6, but still.

Cradily @???
Storm Drain
Relaxed
252 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Sp Def

Energy Ball
Ancientpower
Stealth Rock
Recover

Standard Storm Drain Cradily. I wanted it for Stealth Rocks but I'd easily switch it out for Gigalith. Not many options for NU though... And it doesn't really have good synergy with other Pokemon except for maybe the last member which is a Fire type.

Octilery @Scope Lens
Sniper
Quiet
252 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Sp Def

Soak
Energy Ball
Scald
Toxic

Yeah, gimmicky but I figure Soak might scare them then they switch and I hit them with a Toxic. I don't think Steel is very common in NU. Scope Lens to try and get the crit with triple the damage

Eelektross @ ???
Levitate
Quiet
252 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Def
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Acid Spray

Standard special Eelektross. Probably gonna give it the Life Orb but I might want something else to hold it so I'm takign suggestions. Lefties is for Banette so can't do that...

Emboar @???
Blaze
Brave
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def

Heat Crash
Superpower
Curse
Gyro Ball

Heat Crash for STAB. Superpower's counteracted by Curse. Gyro Ball gets stronger with the Speed reduction from Curse.

So what do you guys think? I know my sets are really gimmicky but that's how my mind works.

Last edited:

chap196

I will rate your Emboar

Emboar
Item Leftover
Nature Adamant
Ability Blaze
Move Set
Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm/Brick Break
Stone Edge
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz for more power, also Heat Crash won't be useful if your opponent Pokemon is heavy
Hammer Arm for more power or Brick Break for more accuracy
Stone Edge for more coverage, also it has high critical hit ratio
Wild Charge for a lot more coverage, also it help to kill Water Type Pokemon
Leftover to gain Emboar HP every turn by 1/16
Hope this help

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
I will rate your Emboar

Emboar
Item Leftover
Nature Adamant
Ability Blaze
Move Set
Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm/Brick Break
Stone Edge
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz for more power, also Heat Crash won't be useful if your opponent Pokemon is heavy
Hammer Arm for more power or Brick Break for more accuracy
Stone Edge for more coverage, also it has high critical hit ratio
Wild Charge for a lot more coverage, also it help to kill Water Type Pokemon
Leftover to gain Emboar HP every turn by 1/16
Hope this help
I guess my set for Emboar does rely on quite a few factors... Flare Blitz I would probably replace. Problem is the Item Clause and my Banette having it. So what would be a good replacement. Also, this is a Trick Room set so I would want to avoid Hammer Arm since it lowers my opponent's speed... I think... At all times I avoid Stone Edge since I don't like the possibility of a miss hax. I also don't like the idea of two moves that would cause recoil and Left overs doesn't supply an adequate amount of HP? What about the Shell Bell if I went with a mroe accurate Emboar? What would I gain then? I believe it's still 1/16 or is it boosted to 1/8?

chap196

Hammer Arm lower your Emboar Speed, not your opponent Speed. Recoil is not really a problem if it help you to kill your opponent Pokemon, Use Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge if you want to. Shell Bell boost 1/8 HP, so if you want to use Shell Bell you can. You can get another Leftover by trading a Cinccino with a Munchlax with one person in Undella Town (he should be in one house) and the Munchlax that he give you will hold a Leftover, you can take that Leftover from it. (Note: You will only see that person in Summer Weather)

Last edited:

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Hammer Arm lower your Emboar Speed, not your opponent Speed. Recoil is not really a problem if it help you to kill your opponent Pokemon, Use Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge if you want to. Shell Bell boost 1/8 HP, so if you want to use Shell Bell you can. You can get another Leftover by trading a Cinccino with a Munchlax with one person in Undella Town (he should be in one house) and the Munchlax that he give you will hold a Leftover, you can take that Leftover from it. (Note: You will only see that person in Summer Weather)
Guy, I beat that game a week after it came out and got all of the trade Pokemon. It would've been sooner but I had other stuff going on that week and I lost a day due to running out of power and not saving... Anyways, yeah... Got all that stuff already. Don't assume people haven't already completed the game because they probably have. Okay. Hammer Arm sounds good then. I guess Flare Blitz is the only option for a Physical Fire move anyways. No Fire Fang and Flame Charge is counter productive. I do like Rock Slide... As long as its accuracy is good.