• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

number of pokemon in pc?

rukario8

dalek warlord
well maybe this will seem pointless but in the last pokemon game there was only just enough room for you to store one of every pokemon really I hope that in diamond and pearl you will be able to store more like 1000 pokemon or if the daycare center can hold a lot more pokemon

rukario8

dalek warlord
lol yes I know that not many people could catch that many but like in the last game there was the challenge to hatch 100 or so eggs but I guess you could release some

spareux

maldición
Well, in the last gen. there were 30 in each box, that = 30*14= 420, which is one of every Pokemon and then some and I doubt many people are going to be training for a Metang AND a Metagross just to make it look nice so...

1000's far too much imo. There was obviously just enough to hold all the Pokemon in Ru/Sa for a reason. It all just dpeends how much they add to the Pokédex.

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
maybe its because people have like... how am i suppose to say this, SPARE pokemon that they wanna trade to people around the world who dont have that pokemon from there version.

rukario8

dalek warlord
well really I don't understand why there is a limit but yes I your right maybe 1000 is to much

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
The way i see it, you can fit about 36 pokemon in each box.
just look at the picture next to global trade center. try counting across and over. looks like 36, could be 30.

OK, I worked this out awhile ago.
The Numbeer of Boxes has gone up with eatch new Pokemon Set
RYBG (10) GSC (12 IIRC) RSE (14 IIRD) FRLG (15IIRC) We can ignore Colo/XD As they pretty much only had enough boxes to hold poekmon abounds equivical to that witch you get in-game. Likly, Guessing that we'll have about 520 Pokemon, We'll brpbly be seeeing about 20 or so boxes

Strayer

Lurker
Well, there's no telling how many new Pokemon they'll be adding with this game. Maybe they'll -have- to add more spaces.

...Did you really need all 420 spaces in the last gen game?

Manly Blissey

well maybe this will seem pointless but in the last pokemon game there was only just enough room for you to store one of every pokemon really I hope that in diamond and pearl you will be able to store more like 1000 pokemon or if the daycare center can hold a lot more pokemon

I don't; it would get confusing.

CloudLink

Angel of Mercy
Well, there's no telling how many new Pokemon they'll be adding with this game. Maybe they'll -have- to add more spaces.

...Did you really need all 420 spaces in the last gen game?

I did :(

I was running out of places for my eggs, it really sucked...

Breeding takes lots of spots, especially when you breed lots and lots of each Pokemon to get a specific gender and/or trade fodder (though I rarely trade my precious babies)

But yea, I hope they give us a really nice box size this time...

Peace...

rukario8

dalek warlord
maybe 36 in 14 boxes = 360 + 144 = 504 in total
or 36 in 15 boxes = 360 + 180 = 540 in total
or 36 in 16 boxes = 360 + 216 = 576 in total
or 36 in 17 boxes = 360 + 242 = 602 in total
or 36 in 18 boxes = 360 + 278 = 634 in total
or 36 in 19 boxes = 360 + 314 = 674 in total

umm I've gone wrong somewere but cut me some slack I'm 13 and I did that in 13 but basically there will be around 700 if there were 20 boxes so I've done the maths (sort of) now we just have to wait for the games to come out and see what happens :)

Gentleman Skeleton

All I know is, we either need more boxes or bigger ones. I always seem to run out of room.

CassSept

I guess around 600. If there are going to be 500 pokemons, we need spare place, for breeding, unowns etc.