• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Numero Uno Articuno (412)

No, it sucks, but this upcoming one will be good, if only because they have never made a 1v1 battle a full episode.

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
For those wondering, these are the other Pokemon Ash had to choose from as his opponent:

Venusaur
Sandslash
Rhyhorn
Machamp
Breloom
Golduck
Trapinch
Lairon
Manectric
Camerupt
Pinsir

Other bits from this episode:

Noland is an accomplish bi-plane pilot. In fact it is one of his flights that he encounters Articuno with an injured wing.

Articuno is strong. It was able to lift Team Rocket's mecha into the air by its claws.

Scott drives like crazy ala Professor Birch.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Japanese Season 9 yes

But these forums are distributed in the US Season way for the most part and thus are sorted like this

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Golden Darkness said:
Venusaur
Sandslash
Rhyhorn
Machamp
Breloom
Golduck
Trapinch
Lairon
Manectric
Camerupt
Pinsir
...its like they're mocking me or something.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Golden Darkness said:
Venusaur
Sandslash
Rhyhorn
Machamp
Breloom
Golduck
Trapinch
Lairon
Manectric
Camerupt
Pinsir
Notice, no Johto Pokemon. Good or Bad? You decide.

Oh I'm so happy they made Noland an accomplished plane pilot. Since, when I think of good character developed, I think of planes.

*Shakes fist*

Zabi

Not really here.
Can't wait to see this episode! Noland gets an Articuno while Ash uses his Charizard. New Opening/Ending, SWEET!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
V Faction said:
Notice, no Johto Pokemon. Good or Bad? You decide.

Oh I'm so happy they made Noland an accomplished plane pilot. Since, when I think of good character developed, I think of planes.

*Shakes fist*

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell!

Noland's assitant guy is hot! I must say!

And Noland's tank is pretty cool!

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Seen the episode and It was pretty nice,
- Starts with the group looking for the battle factory, and they see articuno and a plane. they find a pokemon center and ask nurse joy when leaving scott shows up and drives them there.
- When they arrive there almost run over by a tank and looks like noland cant control tank its having some problems so ash uses grovyle may uses combusken and brock uses mudkip to stop it.
- Noland comes out and introduces himself and ash challenges him, ash has to pick a pokemon to battle. Ash looks at venusaur, Machamp, Rhyhorn but cant decide.
- Team rocket ofcourse want to capture the pokemon.
- Munchlax runs of with may and max chasing after it, it goes inside a garage and may and max spot the same plane they saw at the night and behind from munchlax out comes articuno and flies to noland.
- Noland then explains that he was once flying his plane and articuno showed up right next to him flying however it was going down cuz it had a injured wing. so noland got right underneath articuno and told it to land on the plane which it did, therefore gaining articuno's trust.
- Ash is amazed by articuno but max tells noland he wants to ride in the plane so max tells pikachu to join him which pikachu does and noland takes them for a flight with articuno flying as well.
- Team rocket mean while show up and ash is about to send out grovyle but TR's new machine takes the pokeball away from ash and they get all of nolands pokemon and are on the run for it when suddenly noland drives his plane right into the rockets machine knocking it down.
- he then orders Articuno to pick the machine up and throw it, ofcourse ash and the group are surprised at articuno's strenght being able to pick that machine up and toss it into the sky like a freakin frizbee.
- Noland orders an ice beam from articuno and there sent blasting off.
- Ash is completely amazed with articuno, and during the night all of them are outside eating and stuff so noland asks ash if he knows which pokemon he wants to fight.
- May and max are anxious to find out who ash wants to battle and to everyone's shock he picks articuno and like i said everyone is shocked.
- Noland asks articuno if thats fine and it has no problem and noland asks which pokemon he will use and ash says ill use that one looking at the sky and we see charizard. Ash runs toward it ofcourse getting flamethrowered.
- Noland and articuno look at ash and charizard and them looking right back at them and thats where the episode ends.

P

phoenix12

thanks a bunch Flamez! that's one damn good summary

anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with this explanation of how Noland gets Articuno...this way Articuno is portrayed more as Noland's friend than a Pokemon he caught...kind of like Haunter and Ash...can't wait till I can see this thing 4 myself :-D

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I'm impressed with how much background they're giving Noland. He's not just some guy waiting in a building for someone to come up and challenge him. When did Ash contact Liza, BTW? I doubt Charizard just appears out of nowhere.

Like Hoenn's gym battles and contests (save Sootopolis and Izabe Island), this sounds to be a setup episode, but it also sounds like one of the better setup episodes on the whole.

I also hope Scott is used sparingly. It would be pretty weird if he drove them to every Battle Fronteir building.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Shining Suicune said:
I'm impressed with how much background they're giving Noland. He's not just some guy waiting in a building for someone to come up and challenge him. When did Ash contact Liza, BTW? I doubt Charizard just appears out of nowhere.

I also hope Scott is used sparingly. It would be pretty weird if he drove them to every Battle Fronteir building.

Seeing as how they did not show it, i bet he'll say something about it. Nice to see him get flamed again too.

Don't worry about that, seeing as how the man could Prof. Birch a run for his money in "Road Rage" driving, i don't think they'll take up his offer ever again.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kojiro said:
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell!

Noland's assitant guy is hot! I must say!

And Noland's tank is pretty cool!
Really? I thought it was easy sarcasm.

Of all things, they give him a plane. I may just dread what other silly character traits the Anime will have to inject into the dull Brains. Lucy and doll collecting? Spenser and Sky-diving? Brandon and cross-dressing?

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Usually I can tell when you use sarcasm...but....

We already have a Brain Crossdresser! XD

I think Noland fits with the plane. He was also using a tank as well. Fits in with the "Factory" aspect.

Does Noland's hot assistant have a name!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Shining Suicune said:

Like Hoenn's gym battles and contests (save Sootopolis and Izabe Island), this sounds to be a setup episode, but it also sounds like one of the better setup episodes on the whole.

remember in 'fangs for nothing'? Charizard arrived because Liza was going to see Clair and zard tagged along

So maybe we will see Liza next ep

P

phoenix12

Originally posted by V Faction
Brandom and cross-dressing?

<rofl>! I don't think character traits are a bad thing, though. I like how the anime gives a little more depth to the Gym Leaders, something we can't really get out of the games.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kojiro said:
Usually I can tell when you use sarcasm...but....

We already have a Brain Crossdresser! XD

I think Noland fits with the plane. He was also using a tank as well. Fits in with the "Factory" aspect.

Does Noland's hot assistant have a name!
Of course! I forgot about Tucker. Bah, it's funnier on Bradon because he looks so serious.

Well, the reason it's a 'Factory' in the games is because of the Knowledge aspect behind it (how you have to be knowledgable about nearly all Pokemon to perform well). Though, if you wanted to edge in a silly add-on, I guess vehicles would also work well when included under the idea of a Factory.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
V Faction said:
Of all things, they give him a plane. I may just dread what other silly character traits the Anime will have to inject into the dull Brains. Lucy and doll collecting? Spenser and Sky-diving? Brandom and cross-dressing?
I didn't really think of it as a bad choice personally. I mean, he does run a factory, so its understandable that he's going to be into machinery and such. And judging by the fugly design of that plane, I'd say its safe to assume he built that think by himself. But god, Noland obviously hasn't heard about pollution. How much smoke was spewing out of his vehicles? Sheesh >_>;
And please. Spenser is SO going to be a biker.

Anyways...
It seems that they're starting to stick with some of the sound effects used in the previous episode, and that of the Mawile one. Most notably when a character throws a pokéball, it makes this weird...'whooshing' sort of sound. I'm not complaining though, as I kind of like it myself ^^; Though a few of the other cartoony sound effects seemed really unessicary and out of place. Like Munchlax (who is NOT AT ALL FUNNY, however hard these writers try to convince me otherwise) running of with the food for example. And when Jessie sort of...slapped James in the stomach. WTF was up with THAT sound effect? O__o;

Loved Articuo's mysterious entrance at the begining of the episode. And Noland's entrance was also pretty neat. You've got to love that steel-plated tank-like thing he was driving around in.And speaking of driving...lol at Scott. It was like a deranged howler monkey was at the wheel of that pimp mobile.

Did anyone else find it rather strange that Meowth even had to bother thinking of a reason to give Giovanni an Articuno? Its a freakin' LEGENDARY POKéMON Meowth. I'd have thought that alone would be a good enough reason to give it to him.

I didn't like how Articuno sounded like a bootleg version of Lapras/Tropius. I don't see why they couldn't have just used its cry from the movies, which was a lot more impressive sounding.
I also wasn't fond of the fact that Noland seemed to own a hell of a lot of pokémon in need of some serious battle time, yet in the end it all comes down to a 1 on 1 match. I know I've complained about it before, but its like sticking a steak in my heart when this guy has so many awesome pokémon that would've provided some really nice battles. Its a real shame, thats for sure.

Overall, it was an ok episode, with an impressive amount of character put into Noland, and to some extent Lap...I mean, Articuno.

...I still think the whole idea behind these two episodes sucks of course ;)

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Gravy said:
I didn't really think of it as a bad choice personally. I mean, he does run a factory, so its understandable that he's going to be into machinery and such. And judging by the fugly design of that plane, I'd say its safe to assume he built that think by himself. But god, Noland obviously hasn't heard about pollution. How much smoke was spewing out of his vehicles? Sheesh >_>;
And please. Spenser is SO going to be a biker.

V Faction said:
Well, the reason it's a 'Factory' in the games is because of the Knowledge aspect behind it (how you have to be knowledgable about nearly all Pokemon to perform well). Though, if you wanted to edge in a silly add-on, I guess vehicles would also work well when included under the idea of a Factory.

Yeah, I know you were typing the post while I typed my message, but.... well, I can't think of anything.

EDIT: Man, do I need to friggin' re-read my posts before I post them.