• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Numero Uno Articuno (412)

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
ok for those wondering when ash contacted liza and how charizard just showed up. Well they never really showed ash contacting liza but i mean common ash is not psychic. When noland asked ash what pokemon will you use ash? Ash said ill use that And looked at the sky. everyone else was shocked to see charizard except for ash meaning he contacted liza sometime in the day and he arrived during the night time its not that hard to believe. I dont think liza will be there brock called liza during the johto league to send charizard for ash but liza didnt show up so the same thing is being done here.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
For those wondering, these are the other Pokemon Ash had to choose from as his opponent:

Venusaur
Sandslash
Rhyhorn
Machamp
Breloom
Golduck
Trapinch
Lairon
Manectric
Camerupt
Pinsir

Why couldnt he just choose Trapinch so the battle would end quickly? Thats what I would have done. Easy win for me there.

But anyways does this mean Scott will be traveling with Ash driving them throughout Kanto?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Haunter Hunter Sohrab said:
Why couldnt he just choose Trapinch so the battle would end quickly? Thats what I would have done. Easy win for me there.
Let's look at that a bit.

He could have an advantage. Being a first stage Pokemon, Trapich is bound to have weak defense. Throw in Grovyle or Swellow and it's over.

But then... We have to take a step back. How many times have 'weaker' Pokemon been judged wrong? How often do we get these Potential Pokemonators that get a vast among of survivability and stamina? Chances are, you can bet that that Trapinch would be just as well trained as any of the other Pokemon there, going by anime rules.

And interestingly enough, even by game rules, Trapinch is a threat. That's right. I'm sure most members here know of it's insanely high Attack stat. And it has the ability Arena Trap, making it even more deadly. By far, Trapinch is the most usable lower evolution Pokemon. Some would argue Light Ball Pikachu with that.

P

phoenix12

just saw the epi-pix...quality stuff! gotta say, Giovanni's lookin pretty hott in just his boxers ;-) ...hahaha....anyway, the pix make me realize that this would be the first time May and Max meet Ash's Charizard, right?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
phoenix12 said:
just saw the epi-pix...quality stuff! gotta say, Giovanni's lookin pretty hott in just his boxers ;-) ...hahaha....anyway, the pix make me realize that this would be the first time May and Max meet Ash's Charizard, right?

yeah and i love may's reaction to Charizard's Greeting ritual.

Last edited:

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Yep, this is the first time Charizard has appeared since its battle with Blaziken. Aerodactyl, Magmar, Poliwrath, Charizard clone, fake Entei, Blastoise, Blaziken, it's always a good battle with Charizard.

B

Blaziken master

I'm sort of mad that they aren't using rental pokemon,but I like the fact that it is Ash's charizard fighting articuno as a random one would mean they are being way too repetitive.Gotta love the "Zard" though!

JazzJazz

kyle_andrew said:
I thought the episode looked not to bad it was good to see charizard again

True, good to see old favourites, though it's lack of a spot in the new opening/ending hints that it won't be around for too long.

Team Rocket Admin

JazzJazz said:
True, good to see old favourites, though it's lack of a spot in the new opening/ending hints that it won't be around for too long.
I know thats sad. Come on writers make Charizard stay. ;006;

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Haunter Hunter Sohrab said:
Since when does Ash seek out easy wins? He always goes for the toughest challenge he can. After all, how often does one get to fight an Articuno?

Almighty Zard said:
yeah and i love may's reaction to Charizard's Greeting ritual.
Reminds me of a comment Liza made in one episode after Charizard's flame greeting.

Liza: "That was a good luck kiss!"

Kazuki Mirai

Why exactly did Ash called his Charizard? But then again, at least we see Max and May saw Ash's Charizard for the first time. Max's watch on Ash's battle doesn't count cause he didn't meet it in person. LIZARDON!!! ^_^ Even though this show us the pointless filler but we did get to see some new things in this, what I said already.

was it me or did anyone thought that the pokemon center they went to look exactly like the one when they save Charmander?

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
was it me or did anyone thought that the pokemon center they went to look exactly like the one when they save Charmander?

maybe it is? They first went there not too long after Cerulean City.

Chris

Old Coot
Anyone mind filling me in on who Datsura's seiyuu is? Sounds very familiar. o_O;

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
my comments about the new opening can be seen in its respective thread (once I post there, anyway.... I'm reading through the currently 12-page thing in another window right now). All I can say is that, while the opening song itself was great, I was let down by a few things. However, my nerves calmed soon afterwards. Shortly after Nyaasu talks about what Sakaki could do with Freezer, Kojirou suddenly reminded them of the fact that Freezer's a legendary Pokemon and they wouldn't be capable of getting it so easily without forming a plan. It was a let-down that their "plan" was just to barge in with another typical mecha, but I was laughing my head off at the time as Kojirou was bringing some level-headedness to the group for once and the others just sat their making funny expressions XD. Enishida's wacky driving was also good for a laugh.

But the biggest treat for me came when Datsura appeared. Oh my god.... his voice.... seems familiar.... it can't be.... can it? I waited until the ending credits and, low and behold, I guessed right. Datsura's seiyuu is none other than Hiyama friggin Nobuyuki (Link, Balmung, Hiei, Black War Greymon, Asagi Shougo, two earlier roles in Pocket Monsters as Akira and Buson, etc.). You know what writers, with the next episode, I won't mind if you suck worse than you ever did and make this battle end up becoming another huge, rushed disappointment, just so long as you give this guy a huge number of speaking parts. I've mentioned liking Kanemaru Jun'ichi as Harley and Nozawa Masako as Masamune in the past, but they don't compare to the glory that is Nobuyuki. Yes.... that voice..... so dark, and tough, and just plain cool..... definitely among my favorites in all of anime [licks lips]. Alfonso, P_B, you're already obsessing over Datsura, right? I don't intend on going as far as to use sexual innuendo, but mind if I join ya?

EDIT: LOL! Seems I just answered your question Ed. I didn't see your post as I was typing this.

EDIT 2: Finished making that post.

Last edited: